Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2012, 08:57 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
A typical Obama statement. Never commit to anything that you could be called on. Just insinuate what you really think and then start the spin when called on it. Happens with this individual all the time and his supporters think this is just wonderful.

Your post is nonsensical.

He said exactly what he meant, because Romney was complaining we have FEWER ships.

All this distraction because you all know deep down this isn't breaking well. Momentum has turned into Nomentum. We're talking Willard Mitt Romney for God's sake - the man whose foreign policy experience consists solely of knowing where to hide assets in the Caymans and Switzerland, and shipping jobs to China for profit.

You people - and your candidate - are way out of your league on foreign policy. "The World," btw, including all of our allies, are pulling for an Obama win. Even Britian called Romney a twit!

Old 10-26-2012, 09:03 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

He said exactly what he meant, because Romney was complaining we have FEWER ships.

All this distraction because you all know deep down this isn't breaking well. Momentum has turned into Nomentum. We're talking Willard Mitt Romney for God's sake - the man whose foreign policy experience consists solely of knowing where to hide assets in the Caymans and Switzerland, and shipping jobs to China for profit.

You people - and your candidate - are way out of your league on foreign policy. "The World," btw, including all of our allies, are pulling for an Obama win. Even Britian called Romney a twit!

HAha...yea...how'd Benghazi go...with all the foreign policy of ole joe knows........I though he was the foreign policy "god" from the way the left is talking....

Old 10-26-2012, 09:05 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
HAha...yea...how'd Benghazi go...with all the foreign policy of ole joe knows........I though he was the foreign policy "god" from the way the left is talking....
Radical Islamists are going to hate the USA regardless of who is sitting in the White House. You know this - stop being intentionally dense.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
I was going to leave it alone, but those aren't Americans.

Good thought though.

Exactly what I was about to post, Riverboat.

Regardless, the president DID NOT say we don't have/use bayonets in the military. No, I don't buy that he was referring to all "edged weapons" when he said "bayonets".

His point was clear - we may have fewer ships in the naval inventory right now than in the past, but we are still FAR AND AWAY the most powerful Navy (and armed forces in general) in the world.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:29 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,342,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
TMZ
Wonder if ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, NPR, CNN, MSNBC, and newspapers report this story or will they ignore it like all the other Obama flubs?
It was a metaphor, you idiot.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:48 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
It was a metaphor, you idiot.
Yes people on this board have a hard time understanding things such as metaphor and other language devices commonly used in the english language

Old 10-26-2012, 12:20 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

BWAHAHAHA! Yes indeed. I am quite certain that Obama has supporters in the "global community". Particularly in caves and rat holes in the Middle East and Southwest Asia. Iran would have LOVED a Carter second term as well. Ignorance on coriegn policy is one of O's little picking points that cant be ignored. Proper force projectio and utilization of assets are anethema to the guy.
This bayonet bit may be out of context a bit...however, I can find no way to soften my opinion about Obamas' ignorance of military matters. The guy does not even have a clue. So, Mr. Obama, sir, do you have any idea what a standard ground trooper is issued in tbe way of field equipment for combat? No looking at the teleprompter please" lol....Though I will acquiesce the bayonet bit is not really solid, in and of itself, it does bring discussion about the CiC's knowledge of military capabilities into focus. Or LACK of said knowledge.
Actually, just as many bayonets are issued today as ever have been. Standard TO&E for all concentratex ground combat units. You don't see them used as often, and Spec4 types don't use them( just extra weight and space better utilized for a real fighting knife) . But you can bet that even these guys were issued one at some point, anx ran tbe training course multiple times as well.
God belp our warfighters with a CiC like we have now. Anything would be an improvement.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:31 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Default Mr. President, military still uses bayonets

About as often as they use horses.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:34 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Radical Islamists are going to hate the USA regardless of who is sitting in the White House. You know this - stop being intentionally dense.
SO, you only call me out, when the post I quoted calls out Romney and how little experience he has....

Your pathetic.... and stop being intentionally partisan...

Quote:

Old 10-26-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
BWAHAHAHA! Yes indeed. I am quite certain that Obama has supporters in the "global community". Particularly in caves and rat holes in the Middle East and Southwest Asia. Iran would have LOVED a Carter second term as well. Ignorance on coriegn policy is one of O's little picking points that cant be ignored. Proper force projectio and utilization of assets are anethema to the guy.
This bayonet bit may be out of context a bit...however, I can find no way to soften my opinion about Obamas' ignorance of military matters. The guy does not even have a clue. So, Mr. Obama, sir, do you have any idea what a standard ground trooper is issued in tbe way of field equipment for combat? No looking at the teleprompter please" lol....Though I will acquiesce the bayonet bit is not really solid, in and of itself, it does bring discussion about the CiC's knowledge of military capabilities into focus. Or LACK of said knowledge.
Actually, just as many bayonets are issued today as ever have been. Standard TO&E for all concentratex ground combat units. You don't see them used as often, and Spec4 types don't use them( just extra weight and space better utilized for a real fighting knife) . But you can bet that even these guys were issued one at some point, anx ran tbe training course multiple times as well.
God belp our warfighters with a CiC like we have now. Anything would be an improvement.

You honestly think Mitt knows any more about TO&E or tactics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies