Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2012, 07:35 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,412,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
What would disguise the two is Obama is the president lieing to the American people to protect his image he dealt with al quedA . He lied to protect his policy and politacal image. He is the president that is what makes the difference
So do you think that making Mitt Romney the President will magically cure him of lying and flip flopping? At this point I don't think the President is lying. Terrorists can in fact react to a "movie" just like others in the Middle East who did not attack the consular office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 07:44 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Come on. As if the WH hasn't leaked information over the past 4 years. When there was all that chatter about WH leaking somehow the leaks miraculously stopped. It's a bit hard to point a finger at Clinton when "approximately 300-400 national security figures received these emails". (from the article).

Do you really believe that there isn't one person out of 300/400 people (aside from Hillary) that isn't disgusted how this is being handled? Someone who knows that Obama is unfit and lying to the public? Whistleblowers are not very popular - they usually end up getting "punished" for being honest.

Wasn't Clinton and Obama pointing fingers at the intelligence agencies basically inferring that they failed to do their jobs and putting the blame on them?

Hillary already "womaned up", even though it was a vague admission of responsibility. You see how quick the spotlight on her went away once she did?
Exactly I need to find my posts right around the time Obama was desperately trying to throw Hilary under the bus. I said he was foolish for even trying such a thing because she probably has proof he knew. There were reports Bill convened a group of lawyers to battle back against any attempts to tar this on Hilary.

Then she comes out to woman up my guess is she was promised something from Obama maybe an endorsement in the 2016 primary? Something must have happened within 24 hours because Obama came out during the debate and took the blame on himself finally.

Still Bill wants Hilary to run in '16 and this fiasco threatens to damage that so here come the leaks anyway. This smells of the Clinton machine.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:46 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,181,039 times
Obama actually believes the video caused a demonstration so to him he did not lie about this incident.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:57 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,057,585 times
Anyone have the CNN link?

Wonder what Candy Crowley has to say for herself now.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:03 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,786,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Exactly I need to find my posts right around the time Obama was desperately trying to throw Hilary under the bus. I said he was foolish for even trying such a thing because she probably has proof he knew. There were reports Bill convened a group of lawyers to battle back against any attempts to tar this on Hilary.

Then she comes out to woman up my guess is she was promised something from Obama maybe an endorsement in the 2016 primary? Something must have happened within 24 hours because Obama came out during the debate and took the blame on himself finally.

Still Bill wants Hilary to run in '16 and this fiasco threatens to damage that so here come the leaks anyway. This smells of the Clinton machine.
Maybe a Clinton move, maybe not. There are some very high placed career military and agency people that could be tapped by the WH to take the fall. I don't think she was promised anything. She may have told them to fix it or she would tell what she knew and if she was going to go down, she would be taking some people with her. Between her and Bill, she would probably come out on top looking like a winner.

I recall Bill gathering the legal team the day after Obama threw her under the bus. She really has nothing to lose by spilling what she knows. In fact, she may come out looking the better for it.

If I was Hillary, I certainly wouldn't want Obama supporting me in a race!!! or anywhere need me. If she tells the truth and uses his performance as a president that alone could win her a ticket.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:09 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It's a post in a dangerous part of the world. The Americans that serve in places like that understand the inherent risk. They got killed, which sucks. But that's not the first time, and it won't be the last either.

You may as well move on, because that's the only choice you're left with anyway.
It's the first time since Carter, that we had an ambassador murdered. I know this is not an optimal bump in the road for you Obama flag wavers, but The One dropped the ball on this, and he never even care enough to ask about Libya.

Hilary: Mr. president, he have a serious incident in Libya.

Obama: Libya??? Hmmm, oh yeah, that was that one place I started a war with that one time.

Hilary: Mr. president, our ambassador to Libya was murdered.

Obama: Awe man, I have a couple of campaign events to attend, I'll catch you back, in a few days.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:20 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,229,228 times
[quote=FancyFeast5000;26644347]So do you think that making Mitt Romney the President will magically cure him of lying and flip flopping? At this point I don't think the President is lying. Terrorists can in fact react to a "movie" just like others in the Middle East who did not attack the consular office.[/
It was not a spontaneous riot. For 14 days they lied. But that's ok with you shows more about you

Old 10-24-2012, 08:26 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You know.
I'm wondering how anyone got White House emails.
This is seriously suspicious therefore questionable.

Good points.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:31 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
IMO, this ^^^ is just bs. You show the dead respect by not dragging their deaths through the political mill in order to try to gain an advantage in a Presidential election.

I have no doubt that if those people who were killed are not resting in peace it's because the shameless REPUBLICANS are USING THEM to try to gain political advantage. Do you really think that Ambassador Stevens would have wanted his death to be used to try to help elect Mitt Romney.

The real motivation of those demanding the "truth" by accusing the President of lying could NOT BE MORE TRANSPARENT: That is simply to attack the President during election season in an attempt to gain an "advantage" for his opponent. It has nothing whatsoever to do with respecting the dead.
^This.

Some of us are too well aware that had a republican been president now, this would be considered an unfortunate incident and nothing more. Shameful.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:37 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,786,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You know.
I'm wondering how anyone got White House emails.
This is seriously suspicious therefore questionable.
The emails originated from the State Department and were going out to 300/400 people at the same time. The leak could have come from any government building, the WH being one of them.
Quote:

The emails were sent by the State Department to across a variety of redacted national security platforms including the White House Situation room, the Pentagon, the FBI, the Director of National Intelligence and the State Department. Fox is told that approximately 300-400 national security figures received these emails in real time almost as the raid was playing out and concluding
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies