Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2013, 04:37 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
So nice to know you don't read posts, but respond to them anyway.

I said right wing ideology. Even Clinton was right wing, as a member of the DLC (the right wing branch of the Democratic Party, which was founded in 1985 due to the popularity of right wing ideology).
Lets look at your comment:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua
I wish I didn't have to blame almost everything on the Republicans, but their ideology has been the ideology de rigueur for 30+ years, so obviously that should tell you right now that the right wing ideology sucks, and in a big, fat way.
Looks to me like you label "right wing ideology" as "Republican ideology." Its nice to see how people attempt to squirm their way out of the claims they make when they are caught in them.

What you are referring to is labeled "Third Way politics" as was what B Clinton was attempting to do, its also what Obama is attempting to do:
Quote:
"Third Way" presidents 'undermine the opposition by borrowing policies from it in an effort to seize the middle and with it to achieve political dominance'.
Third Way - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And to the issue of the DLC
Quote:
The DLC has become unpopular within many progressive and liberal political circles such as the organizations Center for American Progress, Democracy for America, and the blogs Daily Kos and MyDD.
Some critics claim the strategy of triangulation between the political left and right to gain broad appeal is fundamentally flawed. In the long run, so opponents say, this strategy results in concession after concession to the opposition, while alienating traditionally-allied voters.
That looks like the Progressives want it their way or no way and if they can blame the Republicans to gain further political clout instead of working together with Republicans to do anything, the better for them. Looks like the pot calling the kettle black, to me.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 03-11-2013 at 04:55 PM..

Old 03-11-2013, 04:51 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
"right wing ideology" as "Republican ideology." Its nice to see how people attempt to squirm their way out of the claims they make when they are caught in them.
And are you saying that right wing politics and Republican politics are not the same?

Old 03-11-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
And are you saying that right wing politics and Republican politics are not the same?
Love the word games.

Are you claiming that both Clinton and Obama are Republicans?

Old 03-11-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Love the word games.

Obama is not that liberal. However, there's a huge difference between Obama and George W Bush and Reagan.

I am saying that the Republicans sold the right wing ideology very well, starting 'round about 1980, first by appealing to the religious right with issues Repubs previously could've cared less about, such as abortion and gays, and appealing to racists right wingers with issues about black people, the poor (and how well poor people live, and how they steal from others and are lazy), and immigration, and of course, to the fear-ridden about "Commies."

Those non-issues helped them gather all the nutjobs in the country, to get the votes Republicans needed to get in office so they could do what they initially intended to do: turn the country fiscally conservative, which they did.

It was very, very successful. In fact, it created a trend. People jump on trend bandwagons. People jumped, and turned the country right wing. Even the Democratic Party turned somewhat right wing, and a branch of fiscal Democrats was started. The U.S. was suddenly on its way to sh_t that would prove to be its undoing.

All that sh_t has been with us since, and, as someone said before, until the promoters of all that sh_t are quite dead, it will remain with us to some degree.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:26 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,366,504 times
Well, we DO need SOMETHING back. Admittedly, I have not read this entire thread, just every 5th page or so. But now retired, I DO spend an inordinate amount of time perusing the writings on C-D. I am often amused at the characters who have the time to post here almost incessantly, claiming to either have jobs, or be owners of companies. Gosh, in my 57 years, I NEVER had a boss who would allow me as much time to post my views on an Internet site, nor do much of anything other than what he or she was paying me to do. And when I worked for myself, it was not by sitting in front of a computer rehashing my likes and dislikes to a bunch of strangers, but doing actual work to support my future, which is now. As such, I feel most of the frequent posters here are merely shills, for either the Republicrat or the Demoblican parties. I also feel they are both the same, and I find it frightening that they are here do their best to divide us further, and to keep their little charade, that they are on opposing sides, going strong.

Let's face it, trickle-down has not worked, and hope and change has just been more of the same hopelessness. We DO need something back in our leadership ... many things, I would say - including integrity, moral discipline, ethical fortitude, loyalty to the whole of society, and trustworthiness. Unfortunately, none of these things can be bought with $MONEY$, and $MONEY$ is the contemporary religion that today's society embraces. It is also the "God" that nobody breathing can escape.

We need true leaders, not those who are bought. If there were a party, I don't care WHAT they call themselves, that would lead for the sake of leading, and take their jobs in Senate, Congress, Judiciary, the Executive Office, Governorships, Assemblymen, etc., as unpaid positions, refusing pay, and outside influences (indeed, turning in anyone or any company that tried to circumvent their oath), we might be on a better footing, and a foundation that holds some promise for our future. These types of positions should be second "jobs", done voluntarily for the better of the nation.

If THAT is the OCCUPY movement, they have my vote. But how do you fight against $MONEY$, when, in the end, it is what we all need, these days, just to survive? How do you get them elected when the only media available are propagandists, justifying and perpetuating their own self-centered existences?

Old 03-11-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Obama is not that liberal. However, there's a huge difference between Obama and George W Bush and Reagan.

I am saying that the Republicans sold the right wing ideology very well, starting 'round about 1980, first by appealing to the religious right with issues Repubs previously could've cared less about, such as abortion and gays, and appealing to racists right wingers with issues about black people, the poor (and how well poor people live, and how they steal from others and are lazy), and immigration, and of course, to the fear-ridden about "Commies."

Those non-issues helped them gather all the nutjobs in the country, to get the votes Republicans needed to get in office so they could do what they initially intended to do: turn the country fiscally conservative, which they did.

It was very, very successful. In fact, it created a trend. People jump on trend bandwagons. People jumped, and turned the country right wing. Even the Democratic Party turned somewhat right wing, and a branch of fiscal Democrats was started. The U.S. was suddenly on its way to sh_t that would prove to be its undoing.

All that sh_t has been with us since, and, as someone said before, until the promoters of all that sh_t are quite dead, it will remain with us to some degree.
Its obvious you are a far, far-left Progressive, but its your political ignorance and re-writing of history that is quite laughable.

Its obvious you don't understand politics or political history. The bolded above.....SMFH

Old 03-11-2013, 05:46 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,935,815 times
Quote:
Love the word games.

Do you know the difference between "conservative", "republican", "liberal", and "democrat", or are you just paid to spin in any way possible? If so, you should at least be swaying somebody or else you're not earning your keep.
Neither Clinton nor Obama are "leftist" unless one adopts the new Fox rewrites of history, the dictionary, and encyclopedias, which RWNJs obviously do.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Its obvious you are a far, far-left Progressive, but its your political ignorance and re-writing of history that is quite laughable.

Its obvious you don't understand politics or political history. The bolded above.....SMFH

I wish I were! In fact, it's a compliment that you are calling me a far, far-left Progressive.

Unfortunately I'm not that far left. What's scary is that you think I'm at the far extreme.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Neither Clinton nor Obama are "leftist" unless one adopts the new Fox rewrites of history, the dictionary, and encyclopedias, which RWNJs obviously do.
They do.

They feel that unless one is a typical Faux News fascista, one is automatically a Commie or an extreme leftist.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvs View Post
Well, we DO need SOMETHING back. Admittedly, I have not read this entire thread, just every 5th page or so. But now retired, I DO spend an inordinate amount of time perusing the writings on C-D. I am often amused at the characters who have the time to post here almost incessantly, claiming to either have jobs, or be owners of companies. Gosh, in my 57 years, I NEVER had a boss who would allow me as much time to post my views on an Internet site, nor do much of anything other than what he or she was paying me to do. And when I worked for myself, it was not by sitting in front of a computer rehashing my likes and dislikes to a bunch of strangers, but doing actual work to support my future, which is now. As such, I feel most of the frequent posters here are merely shills, for either the Republicrat or the Demoblican parties. I also feel they are both the same, and I find it frightening that they are here do their best to divide us further, and to keep their little charade, that they are on opposing sides, going strong.

Let's face it, trickle-down has not worked, and hope and change has just been more of the same hopelessness. We DO need something back in our leadership ... many things, I would say - including integrity, moral discipline, ethical fortitude, loyalty to the whole of society, and trustworthiness. Unfortunately, none of these things can be bought with $MONEY$, and $MONEY$ is the contemporary religion that today's society embraces. It is also the "God" that nobody breathing can escape.

We need true leaders, not those who are bought. If there were a party, I don't care WHAT they call themselves, that would lead for the sake of leading, and take their jobs in Senate, Congress, Judiciary, the Executive Office, Governorships, Assemblymen, etc., as unpaid positions, refusing pay, and outside influences (indeed, turning in anyone or any company that tried to circumvent their oath), we might be on a better footing, and a foundation that holds some promise for our future. These types of positions should be second "jobs", done voluntarily for the better of the nation.

If THAT is the OCCUPY movement, they have my vote. But how do you fight against $MONEY$, when, in the end, it is what we all need, these days, just to survive? How do you get them elected when the only media available are propagandists, justifying and perpetuating their own self-centered existences?
This is one awesome post! Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies