Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2013, 06:57 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,934,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Scripts? You're one to talk.
Obama Calls Out Rush Limbaugh and Fox News for Creating a Toxic Partisan Environment
Obama Calls Out Rush Limbaugh and Fox News for Creating a Toxic Partisan Environment

Good little parrot!!!
Except he is correct, and long overdue. It's called an obvious truth finally emerging from the White House, and my responses to righties started long ago, so Obama is parroting me? I could say more, but it looks like you are derailing the thread.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:22 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
You're rambling more now.
Jeez, who needs "points" from you? Let me guess, in your "research" you ran across one line which said liberals favor totally unregulated capitalism and you like the sound of it because it would allow corporations to run wild and put more money in your pocket.
You're a classic liberal, which you chastise constantly? For a "classic liberal" you sound exactly like Fox News. Wow, they are classic liberals - who knew?
Citizens United the biggest concern of OWS? If true so what?? What is the great profundity of that "observation"?
OWS doesn't have your understanding of how government "works"? Just say it and it's a given, eh. That's something I would like to hear.
So DetwahDJ and Saritaschihuahua are the same person posting. Since Detwah feels the need to respond to my comment towards Saritaschihuahua; who can tell the difference?

Typical, neither of you even have a clue as to what a Classic Liberal is, NO, I am not a Libertarian and Libertarians are not Classic Liberals.

The 2 of you are simply confused because I used the word "Liberal" in my description. LMFAO

You are right, OWS doesn't have my understanding of how the govt works, they haven't any understanding of it or basic govt for that matter. Well now you've heard it, how about actually discussing something vs attempting to label everything as "right wing" or "fox". How about you address the points of the comments vs inputting your rhetoric of ignorance. The 2 of you should be able to at least mind meld and come up with something above the 3rd grade level, since you claim that your persona of Saritaschihuahua works in the law field.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 03-19-2013 at 07:39 PM..

Old 03-19-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Hell no. I just remember some right wing female (quite right wing) who had some puppy mill or some sh_t in here. Typical of you right wingers to run precisely those kinds of businesses - you right wingers have no conscience.
Then why use her business name, why not something more creative since law is your background? WAFM Classic!

Quote:
How would you know what I do in law?
If you were anything above a paper filer you would have comments that rose above the 3rd grade level. imjusayin.

Quote:
What???? No flag pin? No pretend-weepiness when you sing the anthem? No talking bad about the poor? Are you sure? Let's say I were to do a search on your posts, I will not find you speaking ill of the poor? You know, typical right wing sh_t: how they're lazy, how they're stealing from you, how they're destroying this country, etc? You completely sure about that?
Please do.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Awesome article about laissez-faire/trickle down having destroyed the U.S. economy. Thanks.
The article headline is Deregulated, Laissez-Faire, Trickle-Down Economics Destroyed U.S. Dominance - Business Insider

Your ineptness calls it economy. watadumfuk! Can you spot the difference in the wording which doesn't mean the same thing? Dominance from the headline and economy from your stupidity. LMFAO You can't really be in the law field or have ever been a teacher with that type of stupidity, though I do believe you to be Latino.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 03-19-2013 at 08:07 PM..

Old 03-19-2013, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Oh, I see. You right wingers are now using a new label? "Classic Liberal?" Or is it that you're an Ayn Rand right winger? Or a "Libertarian" right winger? Which is it?
New label? Classic Liberalism has been around since the 18th century and was popular in the US in the 19th century. Its what Democrats use to be prior to the 20th century when they became social liberals.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Fascinating! Love your post, and particularly this:

Rand was simply a right winger, no difference from any other right winger really, except she was less interesting and perhaps more savage, and maybe was a teensy bit more amoral than most.
So the 2 of you morons think SS is welfare? maybe an entitlement? LMFAO

Old 03-19-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Refusing to consider opposing views, and not discerning facts beyond one's own experiences or wishes, is not debating either.
Your opposing views were considered, then they were shown to be incorrect and propaganda, then you were shown to be plain ignorant in your claims. You haven't presented any "facts", only articles of opinion that don't prove your ignorant claims.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 03-19-2013 at 08:31 PM..

Old 03-19-2013, 08:31 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
So when things get going and the shrills can't distort the truth for the government (politicians and corporations) I feel that this thread should be used to keep progressive news flowing.

I think the best thing about the younger generation, the core of the original Occupy Movement, is that we don't support political parties of affiliations. Racial divides, gender divides, or discrimination against sexual orientation.

I think we're in for a good couple of decades. I disagree with my parents (Boomers) but nonetheless wish them a peaceful retirement. Financial Indepence is different from hard work, and I feel they worked harder than the current generation. I grew up meat packing and despite being a great athlete, I struggled to keep pace with the crew. There's people who put in a lot of sweat in the American workforce. I think they deserve as much credit as the highest paid exec. It takes an entire structure.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:33 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
If citizenship was harder to obtain, and a job supply was provided for our current population (illegals included), could we provide a country in which our quality of life improved and we collectively paid less taxes??

Could we create a more effecient system and reduce our overall expenses?

I think we could.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
If citizenship was harder to obtain, and a job supply was provided for our current population (illegals included), could we provide a country in which our quality of life improved and we collectively paid less taxes??

Could we create a more effecient system and reduce our overall expenses?

I think we could.
How would a "job supply" be supplied? Who's going to supply it? What about wages? Benefits? etc. Define "collectively paying less taxes".

Where has our "quality of life" declined? How does our "quality of life" compare to the rest of the world? Define "quality of life".

What you are wanting is fine, the question becomes the steps, how do your steps effect the rest of the economy/other people/rest of the world?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies