Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2013, 11:31 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,226,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Emotional much? Kid.
Kid?

Hell,..I own boots older than you are.

You're still wet behind the ears. Let me know when you grow up.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:35 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,168,127 times
Definitely a Liberal though ... LOL! Why is she making Grandma lug her offspring around if she's such a great Mom?

Old 03-02-2013, 11:36 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,870,093 times
As a person that has been part of the Occupy Movement I would have to say a good portion if not the majority of those who took part have jobs or are in school, many come from homes in suburbia to take part in events , many I would dare say have nicer houses and jobs than those who whine about the Occupy Movement.
They do so because of their social conscience, they don't lay around and whine like many of the opponents of Occupy do.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
As a person that has been part of the Occupy Movement I would have to say a good portion if not the majority of those who took part have jobs or are in school, many come from homes in suburbia to take part in events , many I would dare say have nicer houses and jobs than those who whine about the Occupy Movement.
They do so because of their social conscience, they don't lay around and whine like many of the opponents of Occupy do.
Bricklayer "lay" brick.

People lie around.

Some Occupiers just simply LIE.

"I would have to say,...",....."I would dare say,..." is a case in point. If one doesn't know the FACTS, just make up some crap, throw it on the internet,...and see if any of it will stick.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:47 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,136,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
I've created plenty of jobs in my lifetime, and probably have had more businesses than you or most of those in your generation. I now work part time and am a silent investor in a couple of business ventures. No, I don't know how many jobs I've created, but you can bet your last dollar if there are jobs created, it won't benefit your generation.

If you and your generation would spend less time on the internet and more time taking care of your "businesses" there would be likely be more job creation. Your generation would rather be 'connected' 24/7/365 than do an honest day's work, and unlike my generation we didn't have time to spend on the internet or smartphones wasting someone else's money.

I suppose the rest of us on this forum should be impressed with the "fact" that you own a business. You're nothing special,....millions have already done what you are doing. Quit fishing for recognition.
Don't get it twisted. You called me a lazy, whiny, spoiled brat. I'm simply showing you my resume. I'm a business owner with a heart. And no, owning a business doesn't make me special, but a lot of other qualities do. I have no issues with esteem when it comes to my professional or social life. I'm respected not because I'm a business owner, but because I'm a good person who cares about more than my bottom line.

Watch who you call lazy, whiny, or spoiled. You sound like your talking about yourself. Where'd you start out? What have you seen in life? What have you done for other people? Those are the qualities I care about. Not simply profits.

Something some in your generation obviously missed.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:48 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,870,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Definitely a Liberal though ... LOL! Why is she making Grandma lug her offspring around if she's such a great Mom?
For some the glass is always half empty.
I look at that picture and I see a mother supporting her daughter and her values which were probably learned from her mother.
Apparently some people were not instilled with social and moral values, instead they were taught greed and selflessness.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Silly me. I never knew taking a crap on a police car constituted "social conscience".

Old 03-02-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
For some the glass is always half empty.
I look at that picture and I see a mother supporting her daughter and her values which were probably learned from her mother.
Apparently some people were not instilled with social and moral values, instead they were taught greed and selflessness.
Which is why they are too stupid to strap the baby into a stroller for its safety, apparently.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Don't get it twisted. You called me a lazy, whiny, spoiled brat. I'm simply showing you my resume. I'm a business owner with a heart. And no, owning a business doesn't make me special, but a lot of other qualities do. I have no issues with esteem when it comes to my professional or social life. I'm respected not because I'm a business owner, but because I'm a good person who cares about more than my bottom line.

Watch who you call lazy, whiny, or spoiled. You sound like your talking about yourself. Where'd you start out? What have you seen in life? What have you done for other people? Those are the qualities I care about. Not simply profits.

Something some in your generation obviously missed.
I've seen your "resume" many times,...everytime you ask someone,...."How many jobs have you created?",...and that's plenty of times. The majority of people work for someone, so you obviously think you're a cut above others by asking that question.

Must have hit a nerve talking about your generation, smartphones, and posting a lot on this forum. Sorry if the truth hurts.

As far as my personal history, it has no bearing on the Occupy movement. And what I seen and done for others is between me and those people. I don't have to toot my horn about it like some.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:00 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,939,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Oh spare me. I didn't see any "Occupy the waterfront to help victims of Sandy", now did I?
You woud not see any such thing by watching Fox. Sandy did not hit the west coast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies