Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2013, 03:07 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,939,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
I've created plenty of jobs in my lifetime, and probably have had more businesses than you or most of those in your generation. I now work part time and am a silent investor in a couple of business ventures. No, I don't know how many jobs I've created, but you can bet your last dollar if there are jobs created, it won't benefit your generation.

If you and your generation would spend less time on the internet and more time taking care of your "businesses" there would be likely be more job creation. Your generation would rather be 'connected' 24/7/365 than do an honest day's work, and unlike my generation we didn't have time to spend on the internet or smartphones wasting someone else's money.

I suppose the rest of us on this forum should be impressed with the "fact" that you own a business. You're nothing special,....millions have already done what you are doing. Quit fishing for recognition.
Ah, the voice of the prosperous "job creator" talking down to the riffraff. Clears everything up...
Pretty snooty to insinuate that the "indolent others" spend "all their time" lazing about on the internet - since you seem to have plenty of time for the same.

Yeah people should be impressed with somebody who actually owns and runs a business, works their butt off employing the middle class which creates demand for products and services, and drives the economy.
Okay, corporations need investors, but to elevate one's self because one doesn't have to work so much in order to be prosperous is far from being admirable. We hear this plutocratic stuff from right-wing media constantly.
I am not anti-investor class at all. Just go buy stuff (excepting government), and quit opining about the "lazy lower classes".
Okay, I'll get off your lawn now.

Last edited by detwahDJ; 03-02-2013 at 04:03 PM..

Old 03-02-2013, 04:39 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,738,388 times
Quote:
I've created plenty of jobs in my lifetime
ROFLMAO! Okay now, that was a good one. Thanks for the laugh.

If there's nothing else, right wingers do provide a laugh now and then.

Quote:
I now work part time and am a silent investor in a couple of business ventures. No, I don't know how many jobs I've created, but you can bet your last dollar if there are jobs created, it won't benefit your generation.
Stop it. My side hurts already.

Quote:
If you and your generation would spend less time on the internet and more time taking care of your "businesses" there would be likely be more job creation. Your generation would rather be 'connected' 24/7/365 than do an honest day's work, and unlike my generation we didn't have time to spend on the internet or smartphones wasting someone else's money.

I suppose the rest of us on this forum should be impressed with the "fact" that you own a business. You're nothing special,....millions have already done what you are doing. Quit fishing for recognition.
You know, if right wingers would stop lying and BSing, perhaps life in the U.S. wouldn't be the economic hellhole it is. On the other hand, if right wingers stopped lying and BSing, they'd be mute.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:11 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,136,551 times
Quote:
I've seen your "resume" many times,...everytime you ask someone,...."How many jobs have you created?",...and that's plenty of times. The majority of people work for someone, so you obviously think you're a cut above others by asking that question.

Must have hit a nerve talking about your generation, smartphones, and posting a lot on this forum. Sorry if the truth hurts.

As far as my personal history, it has no bearing on the Occupy movement. And what I seen and done for others is between me and those people. I don't have to toot my horn about it like some.
You call me a lazy, whiny, spoiled brat and then try to label me arrogant for showing you why I'm not lazy??

Please. Your irrational.

Look what your fighting against and I'm fighting for. Yea I'm real arrogant.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:55 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,025,577 times
Nah no thanks.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:48 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,226,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Ah, the voice of the prosperous "job creator" talking down to the riffraff. Clears everything up...
Pretty snooty to insinuate that the "indolent others" spend "all their time" lazing about on the internet - since you seem to have plenty of time for the same.

Yeah people should be impressed with somebody who actually owns and runs a business, works their butt off employing the middle class which creates demand for products and services, and drives the economy.
Okay, corporations need investors, but to elevate one's self because one doesn't have to work so much in order to be prosperous is far from being admirable. We hear this plutocratic stuff from right-wing media constantly.
I am not anti-investor class at all. Just go buy stuff (excepting government), and quit opining about the "lazy lower classes".
Okay, I'll get off your lawn now.
Hey,...I'm not the one whining about my station in life!!!

If you spent as much time working as you spend on the internet, maybe you'd not have a reason to whine.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
ROFLMAO! Okay now, that was a good one. Thanks for the laugh.

If there's nothing else, right wingers do provide a laugh now and then.

Stop it. My side hurts already.

You know, if right wingers would stop lying and BSing, perhaps life in the U.S. wouldn't be the economic hellhole it is. On the other hand, if right wingers stopped lying and BSing, they'd be mute.
"Economic hellhole"?

Wait,...let me get out the hanky.

If you're looking for "sympathy",...try the dictionary.

Some people pull themselves out of their doldrums and have a successful life.

Then there are those of you who apparently are just losers.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
You call me a lazy, whiny, spoiled brat and then try to label me arrogant for showing you why I'm not lazy??

Please. Your irrational.

Look what your fighting against and I'm fighting for. Yea I'm real arrogant.
Well, keep right on "fighting".

Did I call you arrogant? If I did I sincerely apologize.

Occupiers have nothing about which to be arrogant. They are the scum of millenials.

Now is that better?

Old 03-02-2013, 09:30 PM

Good video on income inequality

http://mashable.com/2013/03/02/wealth-inequality/

Old 03-03-2013, 04:33 AM

Last night locally there was a march and rally for a man in critical condition after being shot 3 times by an off duty officer. People have been outraged that the officer was allowed to leave without being arrested, booked, and offered a bond. They believe that all should be treated equally under the law.

Police Reform is an agenda that Occupy and other activist should take up.

Media help will be coming in the summer.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:51 AM

The shrills have gotten so bad you can't even stay on topic anymore. You'll spend so much time arguing and reasoning their irrational, irrelevant side discussions you lose focus of the thread.

Sorry CaseyB
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.