Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2012, 04:23 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times

Advertisements

[quote=Mircea;26705401]Yes, the pro-life crowd can deny her care. Pro-life is about helping the living, not showering the dead with tax-payer money that you don't even have in the first place.

etc, etc, ad infinitum.

You know, Mircea, your posts contain a lot of good information but I doubt if 5% of the people read them because we just can't invest that much time and effort (and thought) into one post.

Why don't you break them up a little. Make three or four posts instead of one monumental one.

More people would read it. I'll bet you.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 04:27 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
You don't have a clue about the cost of Special Education for 19 years for a severely, multiply impaired child. The child is eligible for Social Security benefits and disabled Medicaid from day one. At age 22, the child ages out of Special Education and goes to a day treatment program.

Really, the hospital bill is peanuts compared to the lifetime care cost of a child with a severe multiple disability.

Old 10-28-2012, 04:50 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Better to give life a chance. Who knows what miracles might take place? Those that say it is a waste of money to attempt to give a defective child a fighting chance..or a life that lasts only for one year- what is the difference between one year and a hundred years? Tax money is dumped and wasted constantly...Look at the waste of tax money on useless wars that have no resolution..trillions wasted- Don't begrudge an infant a million dollars...That one year is a whole life to this child..No price can be put on a life.
Hope you see this.

I just wonder based on the link, that if this same million were spent on those who might survive, and be better off than a plant if the tax money might be used more wisely.

In another time a infant like this IF it were born and didn't take the mother out first, would be hung in a tree to die over the first night.

I think the money would be better spent helping those with a better chance than nearly none. And with this nearly no chance there will never be a shed of light on this life like a plant that has almost no idea it is alive.

I am missing the point. I am missing Gods hand in the taxes spent.

If the parents are seeking God they are missing it in Caesars taxes.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:20 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
I expect the "prolifers" to get up and donate to this child and fight to keep the child alive until the very end. It is Gods will that this child was conceived and born, right? Even if there were ***** defect, it is okay. Precious child from God...

And even if the mom considered abortion, the "prolifers" would be against it claiming it is oh so wrong and stops a beating heart. (Where is Harrier and his abortion stops a beating heart jargon? Yet...not surprised...)

So yeah, where are these so called "prolifers"? Oh wait....I should not have even bothered to ask. We know their story. What a bunch of judgmental and hypocritical people. Gotta see it to believe it.

They demand the baby be born but want nothing to do with it afterwards. True story. Be born, sucker but too bad about your genetic defects and don't think you can suck off my $$$$. We want to outlaw abortion and yet want no form of healthcare for people or babies (the most innocent and vulnerable of society) so just sucks to be you.

No wonder the Republican Party is the joke everyone laughs at.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:28 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Last I looked the party everyone laughs at had control of the House and are quite competitive in Senate races and the Presidential race. I laugh at the party that fights to cut SS funding and then argues it is the Republicans trying to destroy SS.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:32 PM

659 posts, read 1,014,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
You don't have a clue about the cost of Special Education for 19 years for a severely, multiply impaired child. The child is eligible for Social Security benefits and disabled Medicaid from day one. At age 22, the child ages out of Special Education and goes to a day treatment program.

Really, the hospital bill is peanuts compared to the lifetime care cost of a child with a severe multiple disability.

Exactly, and the parents wont live forever, who then takes care of the disabled adult? Parents don't think about hese things.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:33 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I expect the "prolifers" to get up and donate to this child and fight to keep the child alive until the very end. It is Gods will that this child was conceived and born, right? Even if there were ***** defect, it is okay. Precious child from God...

And even if the mom considered abortion, the "prolifers" would be against it claiming it is oh so wrong and stops a beating heart. (Where is Harrier and his abortion stops a beating heart jargon? Yet...not surprised...)

So yeah, where are these so called "prolifers"? Oh wait....I should not have even bothered to ask. We know their story. What a bunch of judgmental and hypocritical people. Gotta see it to believe it.

They demand the baby be born but want nothing to do with it afterwards. True story. Be born, sucker but too bad about your genetic defects and don't think you can suck off my $$$$. We want to outlaw abortion and yet want no form of healthcare for people or babies (the most innocent and vulnerable of society) so just sucks to be you.

I may resemble that remark. I am pro-life, but birth is natural, it typically does not entail prolonged extra-ordinary means to sustain the life created. For myself, I don't want to be hooked up to something that breathes for me, keeps my heart pumping or feeds me, when improvement is not possible, and there is no quality of life.
So if this child cannot live outside of radical medical intervention on a daily basis, then I would say let nature take it's course.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:43 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
If the gov'ment can shove welfare payments (softly) down the throats of chronic welfare abusers, then they can also pay for this baby...

Case in point: Talked to a women the other day, who's baby was born at 24 weeks (viable) and the preemie infant stayed in the hospital 4 months. The bill: Over 1 million dollars. The gov'ment paid for it.

Until they get a handle on food stamp fraud and all the other wasteful spending, then let them pay for this child because the mother has no way to pay for it. (who are we to decide if she should have aborted or went to term?) There is no true answer because there will always be traumatic births where kids are born with no spinal cord, no brain, no stomach. Who can decide what babies we help and those we don't?

Is it right? Depends? Mom wants to bring the baby to term. There was no Nazi SS Man with a gun to her head to force her to abort. She makes the choice. But the gov'ment will pay for it.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:45 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
I have no problem with their decision not to terminate the pregnancy, I'm not sure what I would have done in the same situation. However, heroic measures to substain life in this case is difficult to justify.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:54 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
If the gov'ment can shove welfare payments (softly) down the throats of chronic welfare abusers, then they can also pay for this baby...

Case in point: Talked to a women the other day, who's baby was born at 24 weeks (viable) and the preemie infant stayed in the hospital 4 months. The bill: Over 1 million dollars. The gov'ment paid for it.

Until they get a handle on food stamp fraud and all the other wasteful spending, then let them pay for this child because the mother has no way to pay for it. (who are we to decide if she should have aborted or went to term?) There is no true answer because there will always be traumatic births where kids are born with no spinal cord, no brain, no stomach. Who can decide what babies we help and those we don't?

Is it right? Depends? Mom wants to bring the baby to term. There was no Nazi SS Man with a gun to her head to force her to abort. She makes the choice. But the gov'ment will pay for it.
The government will pay for it?

Let me ask again.

The government will pay for it?

NO. I WILL PAY FOR IT! And I'm not one bit happy about it.

Let me repeat: I WILL PAY FOR IT!

And nonsensical references to Nazis is way off topic. Nobody is suggesting we throw these babies into a gas chamber or take it out and shoot it. We're simply saying nature should take its course and they should not be kept alive ON THE TAYPAYER'S DOLLAR!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies