Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 10:43 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Once again another interesting topic goes down the toilet before it can even begin.
I swear man...I just gotta wonder if these folks even believe half the tripe they post. SMH..

Old 06-08-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I'd like to see the data that proves that most of these white males are educated and financially stable..because from what i've seen...this certainly isn't true.
Why the hell else would a black woman marry a white man? Because they're all sexy?

LMAO...amazing.

Old 06-08-2013, 10:57 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
[quote=desertdetroiter;29929479]Why the hell else would a black woman marry a white man? Because they're all sexy?

LMAO...amazing.[/QUOT

For a variety of reasons, it really depends. Some just may be physically attracted to them as a preference, and as a result of having higher incomes as a means to get the kind of guy that they want...similar to what a lot of men do.

Otherwise, what you're making is an assumption...unless there's data to back it. But from what i've seen personally, usually the black wpman brings far more to the table than the white guy.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:12 AM

[quote=itshim;29929591]
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why the hell else would a black woman marry a white man? Because they're all sexy?

LMAO...amazing.[/QUOT

For a variety of reasons, it really depends. Some just may be physically attracted to them as a preference, and as a result of having higher incomes as a means to get the kind of guy that they want...similar to what a lot of men do.

Otherwise, what you're making is an assumption...unless there's data to back it. But from what i've seen personally, usually the black wpman brings far more to the table than the white guy.
From what you've seen? Seriously dude?

Ordinarily, black women aren't checking for white guys, so on the rare occasion when they are, its certainly not to play babysitter for someone that ain't bringing much to the table. Not to mention the incredible amount of ridicule they'd get for doing it. It's bad enough when they do it relative to black men...so doing it for a white man is basically intolerable.

Flatter yourself if you must that broke ass white dudes are picking up the high earning sisters, but you know in the back of your mind that it's a fantasy. It ain't goin' down like that.

I'm sure that plenty of sisters dig white doods, but let's not get carried away.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:19 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
I couldn`t see myself divorcing that Serena Williams babe whether she could play tennis or not..Just sayin`.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:28 AM

937 posts, read 1,135,073 times
Quote:
I'd like to see the data that proves that most of these white males are educated and financially stable..because from what i've seen...this certainly isn't true.

Personally, i think people are pre programmed to assume that these white guys come with a bag of goodies simply because he is white-- from what i've witnessed, it's normally the BW making the cake.
Typically, both are usually on par economically, although in some instances, the BW may be slightly more educated (i.e. have a Masters, while her husband has a B.S.).

I've also noticed that a number of Black women who are married to White men, tend to eventually take on the role of the stay at home mom. This is however very rare among BM-BW couples.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:35 AM

937 posts, read 1,135,073 times
[quote=desertdetroiter;29929748]
Quote:

Ordinarily, black women aren't checking for white guys, so on the rare occasion when they are, its certainly not to play babysitter for someone that ain't bringing much to the table.
Perhaps older black women are not "checking for white guys," but the majority of middle income young black women who were raised in diverse environments, most certainly are open to interracial dating and have absolutely no issues dating compatible white men.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:38 AM

[quote=desertdetroiter;29929748]
Quote:

Ordinarily, black women aren't checking for white guys, so on the rare occasion when they are, its certainly not to play babysitter for someone that ain't bringing much to the table. Not to mention the incredible amount of ridicule they'd get for doing it. It's bad enough when they do it relative to black men...so doing it for a white man is basically intolerable.

Flatter yourself if you must that broke ass white dudes are picking up the high earning sisters, but you know in the back of your mind that it's a fantasy. It ain't goin' down like that.

I'm sure that plenty of sisters dig white doods, but let's not get carried away.
Yes "seriously dude"

Black women are generally just as attracted to men of other races as black men, white men, white women , Asian men/women etc are. They aren't any more selectove than anyone else is in this department. Most people prefer their own but will 'step out' just as often if they want to take advantage and if they are into that person assuming that the attraction is reciprocated. Period, point, blank.

Plus there is no "incredible amount of scrutiny", if anything there's generally less scrutiny by contrast.

Generally society is much less judgmental of those relationships than say the reverse.

And thirdly, who said anything about "broke ass" anything? You don't have to be a "broke ass" to marry someone who is academically and financially incompatible with you. The 'white doods' i' m refering too are normally college drop outs with decent jobd, while the black women usually have advanced degrees and better paying jobs.

One poster stated that generally those couples are compatible for that very reason...I simply disagreed based on the lack of supporting data and from personal observation...hence why I made the request in the first place.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:42 AM

5,002 posts, read 12,360,632 times
"Once you go black, you never go back!"

Old 06-08-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
Typically, both are usually on par economically, although in some instances, the BW may be slightly more educated (i.e. have a Masters, while her husband has a B.S.).

I've also noticed that a number of Black women who are married to White men, tend to eventually take on the role of the stay at home mom. This is however very rare among BM-BW couples.
I only disagree with your first reference...i've heard this several times, but i havent actually seen the hard data to support it

Btw im on a nook...so i wont be able to write back as quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies