Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 11:46 AM

937 posts, read 1,135,073 times

Advertisements

[quote=itshim;29929992]
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Yes "seriously dude"

Black women are generally just as attracted to men of other races as black men, white men, white women , Asian men/women etc are. They aren't any more selectove than anyone else is in this department. Most people prefer their own but will 'step out' just as often if they want to take advantage and if they are into that person assuming that the attraction is reciprocated. Period, point, blank.

Plus there is no "incredible amount of scrutiny", if anything there's generally less scrutiny by contrast.

Generally society is much less judgmental of those relationships than say the reverse.

And thirdly, who said anything about "broke ass" anything? You don't have to be a "broke ass" to marry someone who is academically and financially incompatible with you. The 'white doods' i' m refering too are normally college drop outs with decent jobd, while the black women usually have advanced degrees and better paying jobs.

One poster stated that generally those couples are compatible for that very reason...I simply disagreed based on the lack of supporting data and from personal observation...hence why I made the request in the first place.
Perhaps in your location, but generally speaking, on the East and West Coast, WM-BW couples tend to be solidly middle class and both are usually financially on par. I know quite a few BW attorneys who married WM who also happen to be attorneys and a number of BW CPA's who are married to WM CPA's. Seriously, what you are describing is more likely to be the case with BM-WW couples than WM-BW couples.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:49 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,531,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
WM/BW have lower divorce rates because we have to put up with more stigma's and face more prejudice than any other coupling in the USA (part of the reason they are so rare). So by the time WM/BW get to the marriage stage the relationship is very solid.

As far as WW/BM go, well, white women are just crazy. No marriage partner makes them happy.
I would say a white woman that is attracted to a man of color suffers from faulty wiring. I know. I'm married to a white woman

Old 06-08-2013, 11:51 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
[quote=CityGirl332;29930100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post

Perhaps in your location, but generally speaking, on the East and West Coast, WM-BW couples tend to be solidly middle class and both are usually financially on par. I know quite a few BW attorneys who married WM who also happen to be attorneys and a number of BW CPA's who are married to WM CPA's. Seriously, what you are describing is more likely to be the case with BM-WW couples than WM-BW couples.
Observations are fine. We all have them and I respect that.

I'm just asking for any data that supports that specific declaration.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:57 AM

937 posts, read 1,135,073 times
[quote=itshim;29930149]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post

Observations are fine. We all have them and I respect that.

I'm just asking for any data that supports that specific declaration.
Ralph Richard Banks, A Stanford professor has written about this topic. The stats are in his most recent book.

Is Marriage for White People? How the Decline of African American - YouTube

Old 06-12-2013, 10:26 PM

332 posts, read 868,462 times
I don't think it's smart to rely only on hard facts surveys just because they don't take into consideration nationality of each race wether it be Puerto rican, ghanian, chinese, etc. Background of each person counts a lot. In the US, race typically indicates income level, education level, etc. But these are terribly inaccurate because their surveys rarely make any differences in this big melting pot we call the US.

Anyway, from what I've seen and heard, black men and women who grow up in diverse neighborhoods and go on to diverse colleges are more likely to make friends with and marry other races. They are more likely to be open minded cause of their environment and college usually makes them openminded to dating other races than black men, same with the White men they befriend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I only disagree with your first reference...i've heard this several times, but i havent actually seen the hard data to support it

Btw im on a nook...so i wont be able to write back as quickly.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:32 PM

938 posts, read 1,515,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadeguy View Post
I would say a white woman that is attracted to a man of color suffers from faulty wiring. I know. I'm married to a white woman

Speak for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies