Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 12:01 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
Absolutely. Complete waste of oxygen every time he takes a breath. Take Pelosi with you, Harry!
Yup got that right? take the Dirty Harry, and the witch on her broomstick, infact the whole whackjob administration, can leave now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 01:39 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,243,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
And what do you expect Congress to do when the (dem controlled) Senate refuses to vote on anything the Congress passes?

Why hasn't the (dem controlled) Senate passed a budget in years?
Why didn't republicans pass a budget in 2004, 2005, or 2006? ah ha, you thought we forgot didn't you?

Old 11-06-2012, 01:43 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,243,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post
Hello! They made pizza sauce a vegetable in school lunch programs. Don't know where you get off saying they haven't done ANYTHING!
This has been the republican party at work,

Republican Job Creation • Keeping Millions Unemployed To Put One Man Out of Work

do you like it? want more?

Last edited by NoJiveMan; 11-06-2012 at 01:53 AM..

Old 11-06-2012, 06:01 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Like Ron Paul" You mean they guy who ran in the republican primaries?

The last I saw he was still registered as a republican.

You are aware you need a majority to pass anything in Congress With 3 parties, the chances are slimmer then with 2.
Yes, that's the Ron Paul I voted for. The letter behind his name does not bother me one bit for the reasons I already explained: he is not a partisan hack, like the rest of them.

The 3rd party would force people to work with other parties to get the majority, which is a good thing.

Old 11-06-2012, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Did McConnell say he would not work with Obama? No he did not, you folks have a way of making up crap about Republicans.

Woodward Gets Scarborough to Apologize for Misreporting McConnell's 'Make Obama One-Term President' Remark | NewsBusters.org

NJ: What’s the job?

McConnell: The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.

NJ: Does that mean endless, or at least frequent, confrontation with the president?

McConnell: If President Obama does a Clintonian backflip, if he’s willing to meet us halfway on some of the biggest issues, it’s not inappropriate for us to do business with him.

NJ: What are the big issues?

McConnell: It is possible the president’s advisers will tell him he has to do something to get right with the public on his levels of spending and [on] lowering the national debt. If he were to heed that advice, he would, I image, [sic] find more support among our conference than he would among some in the Senate in his own party. I don’t want the president to fail; I want him to change. So, we’ll see. The next move is going to be up to him.

Now, compare that with Harry Reid:

"Mitt Romney's fantasy that Senate Democrats will work with him to pass his 'severely conservative' agenda is laughable," Mr. Reid said in a statement on Friday,

It's the same message no matter how you spin it. Telling Obama to meet GOP "half way" is same as Reid saying he will refuse to pass "severely conservative agenda". If Romney meets Dems "half way" then the agenda can't be severely conservative. Neither party will work with the other, and that's the way it's been for years. Dems didn't' work with Bush either. GOP refused to work with Obama to reduce corporate tax rate for crying out loud. That's going far beyond "half way", that's going all the way, but they still would not work with him. Now they rally around Romney who is suggesting the exact same thing, and you can count on Dems to oppose it, although they supported it with Obama. The county is broken.

Old 11-06-2012, 06:31 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Why didn't republicans pass a budget in 2004, 2005, or 2006? ah ha, you thought we forgot didn't you?
2004 United States federal budget
2005 United States federal budget
2006 United States federal budget

Old 11-06-2012, 06:36 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Did McConnell say he would not work with Obama? No he did not, you folks have a way of making up crap about Republicans.

Woodward Gets Scarborough to Apologize for Misreporting McConnell's 'Make Obama One-Term President' Remark | NewsBusters.org

NJ: What’s the job?

McConnell: The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.

NJ: Does that mean endless, or at least frequent, confrontation with the president?

McConnell: If President Obama does a Clintonian backflip, if he’s willing to meet us halfway on some of the biggest issues, it’s not inappropriate for us to do business with him.

NJ: What are the big issues?

McConnell: It is possible the president’s advisers will tell him he has to do something to get right with the public on his levels of spending and [on] lowering the national debt. If he were to heed that advice, he would, I image, [sic] find more support among our conference than he would among some in the Senate in his own party. I don’t want the president to fail; I want him to change. So, we’ll see. The next move is going to be up to him.

Now, compare that with Harry Reid:

"Mitt Romney's fantasy that Senate Democrats will work with him to pass his 'severely conservative' agenda is laughable," Mr. Reid said in a statement on Friday,[LEFT]
[/LEFT]
This is actually almost exactly the same thing, if you have any reading comprehension. Reid said he would not pass a "severely conservative" agenda. He didn't say he'd oppose him om anything.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:00 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times
You guys who keep mentioning the second amendment are asking to have FBI agents knocking on your doors. How stupid can you get? I hope you're stupid kids and not adults, as that would make you even more pathetic. Bunch of pubescent yahoos.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:27 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,213,258 times
[humor flag on]
National debt: over 16 trillion dollars.
Currency in circulation, "dollar bills".
(M1 : $ 2382.7 B, M2 :$10126.9 B)
(Pursuant to law, "dollar bills" are IOUs - minus value - part of the debt. They cannot "pay off" the debt)
Fort Knox allegedly holds 147.4 million ounces of gold, if stamped into lawful money, would be 2.9 billion dollars.
World wide supply of gold is 5.3 billion ounces, if stamped into lawful money, would amount to 106 billion dollars.
National debt requires 800 billion ounces of gold to pay off.
At current mining rates, it would take 87,000 years to mine enough gold -IF- the debt and interest were frozen right now.
[humor flag off]
Note: Dollars defined by the Coinage Act of 1792, et seq, and dollar bills defined by Title 12 USC Sec. 411. Public debt cannot be challenged as to its validity, pursuant to clause 4, 14th amendment, USCON.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
[humor flag on]
National debt: over 16 trillion dollars.
Currency in circulation, "dollar bills".
(M1 : $ 2382.7 B, M2 :$10126.9 B)
(Pursuant to law, "dollar bills" are IOUs - minus value - part of the debt. They cannot "pay off" the debt)
Fort Knox allegedly holds 147.4 million ounces of gold, if stamped into lawful money, would be 2.9 billion dollars.
World wide supply of gold is 5.3 billion ounces, if stamped into lawful money, would amount to 106 billion dollars.
National debt requires 800 billion ounces of gold to pay off.
At current mining rates, it would take 87,000 years to mine enough gold -IF- the debt and interest were frozen right now.
[humor flag off]
Note: Dollars defined by the Coinage Act of 1792, et seq, and dollar bills defined by Title 12 USC Sec. 411. Public debt cannot be challenged as to its validity, pursuant to clause 4, 14th amendment, USCON.
Why mine for more gold, when you can just change it's price? Add three zeroes, and then pay off the debt, and spend the rest on PTO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies