Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2012, 04:09 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,133,213 times

Advertisements

Well there is so much that does not look so good for the administration, to be honest I really don't know how they can come out looking acceptable. Anyway hopefully there is some form of objective reporting inside the actual hearings, otherwise the truth will definitely get bamboozled. I have confidence after the last hearing and the quality of depth in complaint, all concerned in the investigation will do an excellent job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 04:16 AM

27,146 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
I'm very confident the issue will be fully sorted out for exactly what transpired. Reason being there is nothing but consistency in all the very compelling and known hard facts. Theres nothing mysterious in the whole development of this tragedy which is what they are trying to suggest, in the idea of an investigative effort.

The developing and ongoing claims that we were asked to consider, basically do nothing but contradict each other. Even the idea of an investigation which takes more then a day, strongly suggests that not only another similar event could be in motion now, but there is no grasp in the order of quickly addressing serious threatening issues. So the investigative stall and congestion in of itself, works against the objective to appear in keeping with duty.The framework for what happened needs an investigation? hmmm

A frame which is in place for national security needs months to untangle? That alone is inconceivable and contradicts all responsibilities. They will need to show what was read, what was said that without an investigation or thought easily in less then a day adamantly insisted the attack was due to a home movie. IOW...even if a note or word mentioned the known home movie ( which I doubt)... but what we need to know is where is the content, where is the note that gave sufficient "compelling evidence" to instantly declare to the world that "in fact the attack was due to a home movie"

What did you read allowing this full judgment call, a dangerous call as if you believed true, "then why, would you draw the worlds attention to a believed trigger which caused such violence, if true how could you not expect multiple re-occurences by the said, globally distributed and believed merit of this cause..?

Not to mention the most important re the "refusal to either send more help or give permission for the Ambassador to leave his post...The Ambassador and all stood in dedication and loyal service, and agreed to those terms only, in the understanding they were part of a team. The whole thing is so ridiculous a good exposure of everything would take a few days to organize. I have really super confidence in a full and exact uncovering of this entire incident.

Doesn't make sense does it?

Old 11-11-2012, 04:45 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,133,213 times
To myself, that would be one of the cornerstone building blocks from which to lead toward, and lead from in argument. The world deserves an answer. Many countries as far as Australia experienced some costly havoc and social unrest. This is without a doubt damage that requires reparation in honesty to the world on behalf of the Country. And honor for lives lost.

Hopefully a set of questions is arranged in a clear way, and the investigation is solid. I have good confidence it will be thorough, I thought reporters with all the many opportunities to put this to Obama and Carney ect would have continuously asked for an answer to this telling question. My guess is an answer will be required and they will do a good job. Just wish like everyone else I could watch the thing. Oh well another day.

Last edited by stargazzer; 11-11-2012 at 05:55 AM..

Old 11-11-2012, 07:29 AM

2,549 posts, read 3,981,704 times
It least he manned up to the truth like a real soldier instead of lying like a coward politician being Clinton saying I did not have sexual relations with that woman. He get's my respect for being straight forward about it.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:03 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
Unless Petraeus becomes another Vince Foster.
boy, I had not thought about Vince Foster in a long long time, yes indeed that was truly sad, wasn't it...and that is the problem, people forget, and when she runs next election....well, I won't be voting for her...

Last edited by cremebrulee; 11-11-2012 at 08:42 AM..

Old 11-11-2012, 09:12 AM

414 posts, read 344,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Asked to testify?

He was already scheduled to do so and now no longer is.........why?
Don't know but he can still get a subpoena and I think he will.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:52 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,688 times
Default Hmmm... Cantor was tipped off about Petraeus in OCTOBER!

Buried in yesterday's NYT article about the Petraeus affair, is this tidbit:

In October, GOP Congressman Dave Reichart was notified by a " whistle blower" that Petraeus was being investigated by the FBI because of an affair. The informant wanted to make sure US House leadership was aware, due to "national security".

Reichart notified Eric Cantor, who then contacted the FBI. Cantor says the FBI told him they could not confirm or deny... etc.

F.B.I. Said to Have Stumbled Into News of Petraeus Affair - NYTimes.com

So...

- Cantor KNEW about Petraeus in Oct. Did he notify the Romney campaign?

- According to all sources, no one in the Obama Admin found out till ELECTION DAY, when the FBI finally notified NSA Clapper!

It's hard to believe Cantor DIDN'T give Rommey a heads up. It would have been political malpractice not to.

That tells me, the Romney team probably looked at this, and decided there was nothing there helpful to their cause, in regards to Benghazi, or they would have used it.

But this investigation has been ongoing for MONTHS, not weeks- and all kinds of people KNEW. NOBODY FROM THE FBI NOTIFIED ANYONE IN THE ADMINISTRATION FOR A PERIOD OF MONTHS THAT THE CIA CHIEF WAS ON THE ROPES???

And the GOP House leadership had this info since October... and SAT ON IT???

Stay tuned!!!

Old 11-11-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
This is not a conspiracy, teabagger loons.

In fact, the whole thing can be easily explained with one simple fact: take a look at General Petraeus's wife. Then you will understand why he cheated.
How rude of you!!

Old 11-11-2012, 10:32 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times
Default Why does Petraeus' resignation, mean that he suddenly can't testify about Benghazi?

General David Petraeus abruptly announced he had had an affair and resigned as head of the CIA a few days ago. And practically the first response anybody came out with, was Sen. Diane Feinstein's (D-CA) announcement that Petraeus, who had been scheduled to testify before Congress on the terrorist attacks on our consulate in Benghazi Libya, now would not testify.

Huh?

I don't get it. What does Petraeus' resignation have to do with being qualified to testify?

Did anybody in our intrepid press corps ask Sen. Feinstein where she got that conclusion?

Feinstein is the head of the Senate Intelligence Committee that is holding the hearings in the Senate. Has she deigned to tell us WHY she felt that Petraeus should now change his plans about testifying?

Among many strange things in Petraeus' sudden, surprise resignation, this question is probably the most baffling. Can anyone think of ANY reason why Petraeus' resignation, should inexplicably cause his testimony to be cancelled?

Old 11-11-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
General David Petraeus abruptly announced he had had an affair and resigned as head of the CIA a few days ago. And practically the first response anybody came out with, was Sen. Diane Feinstein's (D-CA) announcement that Petraeus, who had been scheduled to testify before Congress on the terrorist attacks on our consulate in Benghazi Libya, now would not testify.

Huh?

I don't get it. What does Petraeus' resignation have to do with being qualified to testify?

Did anybody in our intrepid press corps ask Sen. Feinstein where she got that conclusion?

Feinstein is the head of the Senate Intelligence Committee that is holding the hearings in the Senate. Has she deigned to tell us WHY she felt that Petraeus should now change his plans about testifying?

Among many strange things in Petraeus' sudden, surprise resignation, this question is probably the most baffling. Can anyone think of ANY reason why Petraeus' resignation, should inexplicably cause his testimony to be cancelled?
Probably because Petraeus as a civilian, he would not have any CIA materials on hand as he would be denied access to those documents on Benghazi to bring to the hearing. But he still can get a subpoena to testify. He would have to go by memory alone when answering questions. He could say 'I don't remember, I don't have access to documents on hand" or something to that extent.

Last edited by Jesus Christ Superstar; 11-11-2012 at 11:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies