Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 05:50 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times

Advertisements

GOP's 10 Favorite Pundits

Guess who tops the list!

http://www.newser.com/story/106814/g...e-pundits.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 05:58 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,935,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
GOP's 10 Favorite Pundits
Guess who tops the list!
GOP's 10 Favorite Pundits - Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck lead survey
George Will at the bottom behind nine clowns. What a statement that makes.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:56 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
If Limbaugh's word is worth anything, he should be leaving soon for Costa Rica. Therefore he will be out of the GOP. Problem solved!

If Limbaugh does not live by his word, the GOP will be living with him.

"I don't know. I'll just tell you this, if this passes and it's five years from now and all that stuff gets implemented -- I am leaving the country. I'll go to Costa Rica." -----Rush Limbaugh

Tell Rush: "Obamacare Won. Move to Costa Rica" | LeftAction
Of course your quote is out of context.
But you think you get the truth from "LeftAction."
He wasn't leaving the country; he was
going to Costa Rica for his medical care.
Quote:
CALLER: Where, then, would you go for health care?

RUSH: Where would I go for health care?

CALLER: Yeah, if the private doctors have to go into the federal program.

RUSH: My guess is even in Canada and even in the UK, doctors have opted out. They can't see anybody, Medicare, Medicaid, or what will become the exchanges. They have to have a clientele of private patients that will pay them a retainer, and it's going to be a very small practice. I don't know if that has been outlawed in the Senate bill.

CALLER: Okay.

RUSH: I don't know. I'll just tell you this. If this passes and it's five years from now and all that stuff gets implemented, I am leaving the country. I'll go to Costa Rica.
Obama is the Evil Insurance Company CEO He Rails Against - The Rush Limbaugh Show

Old 11-14-2012, 10:39 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,588,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
No and I'm not your "bro" so put a sock in it.
Lol. How are those anger management classes working out for you?

Old 11-14-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Of course your quote is out of context.
But you think you get the truth from "LeftAction."
He wasn't leaving the country; he was
going to Costa Rica for his medical care.

Obama is the Evil Insurance Company CEO He Rails Against - The Rush Limbaugh Show
The first few sentences of that March 2010 article are distortions - don't you dittoheads know propaganda when you see it, or do you just not care? The article just rambles like a Glenn Beck monologue.
What is it about the blustery, jowly, fat boy that is so endearing to the right wing? He is the epitome of traditional America gone wrong - an America for the fat idle rich.
The article's premise is wrong from the title, since Obamacare is a wet kiss to Insurance companies - the republican base. It in no way "destroys" those companies.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:57 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
As soon as those wretches on MSNBC get shut down, I'll entertain the idea that Rush and Hannity should go.

Nobody is more divisive than that bunch. Screeching Ed, Tingle Chrissy, I would be ashamed to be associated with them.
I'm sure they would feel the same about you.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:59 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Maybe some of these so called "hoards of liberals and democrats" are not what you think they are???
Many of them are centerists and would vote for a conservative if they were not such extremists.

I have no doubt at all if the GOP continues along it's present course, it's supporters as a % of the electorate will continue to shrink.

I strongly disagree with you as to why people dispise these right wing talking head NUTS. You call what they say "A viewpoint". I disagree, Almost everything I hear from these nuts is a lie, misrepresentation, distortion or an outright fantasy. In other words their "Viewpoint" is just complete BS most of the time.
Considering what they say as a valid view would be like me accepting the view of a sportscaster who insists that the Toronto Maple Leafs are going to win the Stanley Cup this year and finish first in the NHL standings. You realize that a sportscaster who is so far removed from reality does NOT HAVE a valid viewpoint and furthermore would not be worth the time listening to. Now, It's possible that this sportscaster might from time to time have something vaild to say but among people who know hockey and know the guy's track record it will make no diference because they will long ago stopped listening to anything the guy says.

You know, as crazy as the Right has seemed to be over these last few years, they really are not 100% stupid. The tactic seemed to be working so why mess with it? This is the Rovian vision of how to win elections. Well, the people seem to have finally wised up and these tactics are now pretty much discredited as you can see in the results of the election. They will have to bting out plan B or die.

I'm predicting we will see a big change going forward from here in the entire right wing batpoop crazy media. I'M PRETTY SURE A YEAR FROM NOW YOU WILL SEE A LOT OF THE REGULAR FOX NEWS REGULARS GONE.
Sorry, but the Hannity's, Limbaughs, Oreillys and Glen Becks of the world aren't going anywhere. They'll be on TV and radio until the day they die making mega bucks. Their viewership is simply too high and the stations that they work for generate far too much revenue.

But I stand by what I've said before--why should the GOP listen to the advice of the left wing? Why would the left wing give any advice to the GOP that would lead to the demise or the their own party? If anyone thinks that if the GOP one day just became "liberal" and liberal voters would simply uninhinged run over to the otherside--then they are kidding themselves. The left wing will continue to mischaracterize the GOP regardless of what they do, because it is in their best interest to do so.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:20 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Limbaugh is the most powerful man in the GOP, and basically, he's the boss of the Republican Party. Has been for 20 years.

And he doesn't need to hold an official position in the party, so please, miss me with this nonsense that he isn't. Rush is the Boss, and that's all there is to it.
Really? Then how did the GOP gets his permission to nominate John McCain, who Rush was opposed to?

Old 11-14-2012, 11:43 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,299,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Sorry, but the Hannity's, Limbaughs, Oreillys and Glen Becks of the world aren't going anywhere. They'll be on TV and radio until the day they die making mega bucks. Their viewership is simply too high and the stations that they work for generate far too much revenue.

But I stand by what I've said before--why should the GOP listen to the advice of the left wing? Why would the left wing give any advice to the GOP that would lead to the demise or the their own party? If anyone thinks that if the GOP one day just became "liberal" and liberal voters would simply uninhinged run over to the otherside--then they are kidding themselves. The left wing will continue to mischaracterize the GOP regardless of what they do, because it is in their best interest to do so.
If the GOP keeps it head in the sand. It will become an irrelevant party in the next couple of elections. A

s the demographics of this country is changing, with the GOP basing thier ideology on a certain demographic(White Men) isn't going to work.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcat View Post
If the GOP keeps it head in the sand. It will become an irrelevant party in the next couple of elections. A

s the demographics of this country is changing, with the GOP basing thier ideology on a certain demographic(White Men) isn't going to work.
The republican party is the Plutocratic Party, by and for oligarchs, and nothing will sway it from that ideology. People getting knowledge and information from the corporate media will not know that, because the wealthy corporate-owned media is part of it.
Such a party is always a danger to any democracy, because it always has big money behind it. Those with money have common interests, and naturally want control. The republican Supreme Court has made the party even more powerful with its Citizens United ruling.
Limbaugh and Fox are the voices of that party, speaking to the lower classes on behalf of the wealthy. Who hasn't figured that out yet??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies