Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 07:37 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
The republican party is the Plutocratic Party, by and for oligarchs, and nothing will sway it from that ideology. People getting knowledge and information from the corporate media will not know that, because the wealthy corporate-owned media is part of it.
Such a party is always a danger to any democracy, because it always has big money behind it. Those with money have common interests, and naturally want control. The republican Supreme Court has made the party even more powerful with its Citizens United ruling.
Limbaugh and Fox are the voices of that party, speaking to the lower classes on behalf of the wealthy. Who hasn't figured that out yet??
Those afflicted with rightwingitis will never figure anything out. They only know what they have been told!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 07:43 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Those afflicted with rightwingitis will never figure anything out. They only know what they have been told!!!
And that's worse than tinkeritus how?

The need to always try and put forth a solution to everything is as much a disease as ideological strongholds.

The more the plans fail, the more the planners plan.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:49 AM

24 posts, read 19,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Really? Who did I parrot? The word 'moron' has been around for a very long time. Long before Rush and Hannity. I don't recall ever hearing them call anyone a moron, but like I said.....I'm not familiar with their talking points.

So has the word a$$hole.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:58 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Default Get that Limbaugh out of the GOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Here is some real proof that S. E. Cupp can sit in with four left leaners and clean their plows with just a few words.

I wonder if anyone has ever told the clown doing all the talking that Limbaugh keeps saying he is not a part of the GOP. I guess not but then look at the kind of people he associates with. What a group the token conservative, Cupp, got in with. She is one brave young women getting into that bunch alone.

Blogger Andrew Sullivan: Fox News Needs to Be ‘Demonized’ and ‘Cut Off’ Along With ‘Poison on the Discourse’ Rush Limbaugh | Video | TheBlaze.com

But Limbaugh is vital to the GOP's angry, racist, willfully ignorant "base." You know, the guys who keep electing teabaggers in the primaries.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:00 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
But Limbaugh is vital to the GOP's angry, racist, willfully ignorant "base." You know, the guys who keep electing teabaggers in the primaries.
You want to talk about a willfully ignorant base, you guys have Al Sharpton spewing racism and willfull ignorance on a daily basis right along with the rest on MSNBC.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:31 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Don't think O'Reilly would agree..........After all, if Rahm Emmanuel says it we all must believe it....

Just wondering if someone on the "right" used these same words to explain people of the "left" would it be racist..........

Rahm Emmanuel referred to as "uncle ruckus" & Wasserman-Schultz as a "token".......I mean really would this have sent some of you over the edge????
Truthfully I would call them the same thing if they had done what what the above has done. Considering it was quite obvious what their role were in the republican party, to attack the president in such a way that only another black person can without being labeled as a racist and after their usefullness is no longer needed they would disappear. I mean do you really think that the democrats were responsible for herman's short presidential run?

What bothered me as a blackman living in America is the fact that they allowed themselves to be used. I think that it is funny that many of you complain about black social issues, crime, mass incarserations, drugs, welfare ect but look what our children have to look up to...bufoons to be used at will and paraded around by the poweres to be

Old 11-15-2012, 03:32 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You want to talk about a willfully ignorant base, you guys have Al Sharpton spewing racism and willfull ignorance on a daily basis right along with the rest on MSNBC.
I don't recall Rev Sharpton ever calling any group of people racist names, unlike you hero rush

Old 11-15-2012, 03:34 PM

42 posts, read 32,711 times
MSNBC always calls O'Reilly and Hannity Republicans, yet O'Reilly has always been a registered Independent and Hannity has been a registered Conservative. Not sure about Limbaugh... I don't listen to talk radio or radio in general.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:06 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I don't even listen to Rush and rarely watch Hannity.

Why on earth would those morons think Rush and Hannity control the R party?
It has to do with the AMAZING number of Conservatives that have the EXACT same talking points as these guys.

If you don't think it's true then you either are not paying attention you've selectively chosen to ignore it.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:09 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
The GOP's media cocoon - Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com

This is a lengthy article, but good. It is what Andrew Sullivan was talking about--if you had watched the whole show. It is about the GOP's media cocoon and what they can do to overcome it.
They don't want to overcome it. The GOP and the American Conservative Movement is totally driven by IDEOLOGY. They don't give a damn about reality, if they did they wouldn't be so blatantly out of touch with the rest of the American people.

Anything that impinges on that media cocoon threatens their aspirations of a 1950s era America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies