Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2012, 12:50 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,570,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
It is a very difficult issue. Angry people strike out at anything, by any means possible.

The Palestinians in Gaza are a very angry people. Maybe we should look and see if it is with some justification.

They were exiled from their homes and farms that are now in what is now Israel and moved to a small crowded area. Under full control of Israel they have no freedom of access to and from, are dependent on Israel for everything from jobs, to water, to electricity to sewage disposal. They can not buy or sell anything except through Israel.They have to pay taxes to Israel and have to label all of their few exports as "Made in Israel" and pass them through Israeli middlemen.

The worse part is the Gaza Palestinians have nothing to loose. They want their homes back and would rather die than live in Gaza. Desperate people seldom act rational.
Right, I agree wth this. I've read the unemployment rate is as high as 40%!

Old 11-29-2012, 12:57 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,570,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
What's the point of getting a thousand steel tubes...filling them with fertilizer and fuel..then firing off these things? If they do manage to land on some sort of target most do not do much damage and some do not even detonate. It's just harassment with the threat of possible casualties if Hamas is lucky.

Only lunatics would irritate the Israelis who are armed with real up to date weaponry. Hamas does a huge dis-service to the people they are supposed to represent. You fire off a rocket that has the little military effect ......It is like firing a sling shot a a person who tosses dynamite back in return...or it is akin to the consequence of killing a family member of your enemy and in return they wipe out your whole family. Hamas never acts in the interest of the Palestinian people...They are a selfish group of hooligans who seem to get a kick out of having others pay for their actions...Hamas needs to go....It is evident that the poor people of Palestine are the not only prisoners of the Israelis but also of Hamas.
I don't believe that is true. Hamas needs to deliver something to the people, or they will lose their power. They have gotten some gains from Israel for this cease fire.
You don't want a milktoast representing you, you need a group that threatens your enemy - not that Hamas is much of a threat, but peaceful protests aren't going to garner any global attention to your struggle.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:08 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,090,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Right, I agree wth this. I've read the unemployment rate is as high as 40%!
It may be even higher. In 2010 it was 45.2% Plus the wages for Palestinians was always low.

I have sympathy for both innocent Palestinians and Innocent Israelis. I feel every body should have kept out and just let the Palestinians and Israelis fight it out with sticks and stones.

The biggest problem is we now have 3rd and 4th generation people Jews and Muslims that have never known any other home and people will fight to keep what they perceive as their rightful homes.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:19 PM

43,682 posts, read 44,425,236 times
A very interesting video about the 1967 borders that have been spoken about in relation to Gaza and the West Bank:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...v=XGYxLWUKwWo#!

Old 11-29-2012, 02:32 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,910,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Well 3 Israelis were killed by one of those rockets. So I doubt that their families would agree with your statement.
Three out of hundreds and hundreds of rockets so I stand by my assessment that those rockets just plane suck. They're not an effective weapon and it is rare they ever actually hit anything. Again, yes, Israel should respond and even sucky rockets can still occasionally hit something but let us not over play the danger here.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Three out of hundreds and hundreds of rockets so I stand by my assessment that those rockets just plane suck. They're not an effective weapon and it is rare they ever actually hit anything. Again, yes, Israel should respond and even sucky rockets can still occasionally hit something but let us not over play the danger here.
"Sucky" rockets are more dangerous as one never knows where they will hit and the danger was very real for the residents of Southern Israel. What saved Israeli lives was the Iron Dome system that stopped quite a few of those "sucky" rockets as you call them.

Old 12-01-2012, 02:37 PM

Here is a video that shows what it is like for the Israelis living under rocket fire from Gaza:

Terror in school - YouTube

Old 10-13-2013, 11:22 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,094,200 times
Default Hamas tunnel into Israel found with Israeli construction supplies

Gaza 'terror tunnel' uncovered inside Israel, says arm

BBC News - Gaza 'terror tunnel' uncovered inside Israel, says army

Imagine if they used these resources to build infrastructure in Gaza instead of trying to destroy Israel....

Old 10-13-2013, 12:09 PM

937 posts, read 1,135,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Gaza 'terror tunnel' uncovered inside Israel, says arm

BBC News - Gaza 'terror tunnel' uncovered inside Israel, says army

Imagine if they used these resources to build infrastructure in Gaza instead of trying to destroy Israel....
And imagine if the British government never gave the Europeans living throughout Europe and the U.S. (who call themselves Jews), full control of Palestinian land. What would that region be like? My guess is, it would have remained the same as it was prior to the Europeans arriving, -Muslims, Christians and indigenous Jews from the Middle East, would all be living side-by-side like their ancestors...

Old 10-13-2013, 12:51 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,094,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
And imagine if the British government never gave the Europeans living throughout Europe and the U.S. (who call themselves Jews), full control of Palestinian land. What would that region be like? My guess is, it would have remained the same as it was prior to the Europeans arriving, -Muslims, Christians and indigenous Jews from the Middle East, would all be living side-by-side like their ancestors...
What does this have to do with the article? At any rate, the fate of the Jewish communities in the Levant led to over 800,000 expelled from their native Arab lands. Violence and discrimination against Jews from Arabs had been around prior to the creation of Israel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies