Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2013, 04:27 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,763,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNative87 View Post
MadisonR, would you like to tell us what Israel did to the peaceful Christian village of Beit Sahour in 1987? Hmm, how about you tell us that you liar! Tell us about how the Palestinian Christian village was placed under a sadistic blockade by Israel because peaceful, non violent Palestinian Christian leaders rallied the town not to pay taxes to Israel! Tell us how Israel reacted? Tell us how for 43 days, Israel blocked ALL food and medical supplies from entering the town. How Israel cut off phone lines and electricity! Tell us how they blocked all of the residents from leaving the town, even to go to the hospital or to school, and how they blocked reporters from entering the town who wanted to cover the sadistic blockade of this peaceful Palestinian Christian town.

Everyone, read about the blockade of Beit Sahour if you think at all that Israel treats Christians differently than Muslims, or if you think this is a Muslim vs Jew conflict.
Everyone should research these statements and everyone will find most of what was listed in this post is listed on Palestinian sites and has minimal corroboration from non-Arab sites thus has little truth related to it. He even got the year wrong and forgot to mention it was during a Intifada 25 years ago.

http://www.beitsahour.ps/en/

Old 10-29-2013, 05:00 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,245,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Gaza 'terror tunnel' uncovered inside Israel, says arm

BBC News - Gaza 'terror tunnel' uncovered inside Israel, says army

Imagine if they used these resources to build infrastructure in Gaza instead of trying to destroy Israel....
Wow, they have just as much a problem keeping their border secured as America does with Mexico, not really surprising though, if people want into a country, they'll find a way.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:58 AM

592 posts, read 828,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Everyone should research these statements and everyone will find most of what was listed in this post is listed on Palestinian sites and has minimal corroboration from non-Arab sites thus has little truth related to it. He even got the year wrong and forgot to mention it was during a Intifada 25 years ago.

http://www.beitsahour.ps/en/
Um, why would you bother posting the Beit Sahour municipality website? Its a Palestinian city in the West Bank South East of Jerusalem.

Yes you are correct, I got the year wrong, it was 1989, not 1987. And the intifidah started in 1987. I don't see how you made a single point, other than the fact that I wrote 1989 instead of 1987. As if that's the important information of the post

Old 10-29-2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNative87 View Post
Um, why would you bother posting the Beit Sahour municipality website? Its a Palestinian city in the West Bank South East of Jerusalem.

Yes you are correct, I got the year wrong, it was 1989, not 1987. And the intifidah started in 1987. I don't see how you made a single point, other than the fact that I wrote 1989 instead of 1987. As if that's the important information of the post
So there's another Beit Sahour? You're quoting information that's 25 years out of date. It's a different city now compared to then. Things did happen there, but adding propaganda garbage does not make it the truth.You say you are from the region. Well so am I. I have the Ottoman tax stamps to prove my maternal Jewish line has owned over 1000 dunams for hundreds of years East of Jerusalem. Large swaths of land in Judea and Samaria were lived on and owned by Jews previous to 1948. Large swaths of land were sold to the JNF before 1948 by Arabs. But the Arabs who occupied those lands for 18 years want to the world to believe Jews never lived there before 1948. Enough with the lies.

Old 10-29-2013, 06:44 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Quote:
So there's another Beit Sahour? You're quoting information that's 25 years out of date. It's a different city now compared to then. Things did happen there, but adding propaganda garbage does not make it the truth.You say you are from the region. Well so am I. I have the Ottoman tax stamps to prove my maternal Jewish line has owned over 1000 dunams for hundreds of years East of Jerusalem. Large swaths of land in Judea and Samaria were lived on and owned by Jews previous to 1948. Large swaths of land were sold to the JNF before 1948 by Arabs. But the Arabs who occupied those lands for 18 years want to the world to believe Jews never lived there before 1948. Enough with the lies.
{crickets} !!!

Old 10-29-2013, 07:36 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,094,200 times
We are all blabbing about nonesense. The fact remains that Hamas used Israeli cement to construct a tunnel for clandestine operations as opposed of state building which they been professing for 50 years.

Old 10-29-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
We are all blabbing about nonesense. The fact remains that Hamas used Israeli cement to construct a tunnel for clandestine operations as opposed of state building which they been professing for 50 years.
Actually since 2005. There are 100's of photos online showing water pipes being used for rocket launchers. Cement, concrete, cinder blocks and rebar being used for the construction of underground launch sites. What do you think the tunnels into Egypt were built with?

Old 10-29-2013, 08:21 PM

Quote:
At this point I have realized that you have no clue what you're talking about. I am talking about the same Beit Sahour that has existed for centuries near Bethlehem. So I have no idea what Beit Sahour you're talking about. And who cares if it was 25 years ago, it shows the Israeli mentality- go against our occupation, even peacefully, and we'll punish you severely. And it was a nearly all Christian town, and is still 80% Christian today. Nor did I "add" anything to it, but in fact I left something out. Israel, after cutting off electricity and blockading the peaceful town, then stole property from its residents to compensate for the taxes being withheld.

Here is a New York Time article about it from 1989....yes, 1989, I had the year CORRECT at the beginning.

ABROAD AT HOME - It Can Happen There - NYTimes.com

By Anthony Lewis
Published: October 29, 1989
SIGN IN TO E-MAIL
PRINT

Suppose the people of some small American town decided to protest Federal Government policy by withholding their taxes. The Government responded by sending in the Army.

[MOD CUT/copyright violation]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-29-2013 at 09:21 PM..

Old 10-29-2013, 08:24 PM

So ladies and gentlemen, this is the sadistic Israeli response to peaceful Christians. This is the respect they show for anyone who peacefully resists their occupation. Nothing has changed in these last 26 years. 26 years since Israel intentionally blockaded and looted the peaceful Palestinian Christian town of Beit Sahour. And I wont even go into their torture of these Christian leaders. You can find their interviews on youtube.

Last edited by SFNative87; 10-29-2013 at 08:49 PM..

Old 10-29-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Oh Yeah, lets take a look at some surveys of land ownership as of 1947 as given from British surveys of land ownership.

Land Ownership In Palestine (As Of 1947).

Land ownership per district 1945. Once again, a BRITISH survey, so don't give me the excuse "the site isn't credible" because of its name gibberish.

Palestinian And Zionist Land Ownership Per District as of 1945 - Palestine Remembered

Lets take a look at these "large swaths" of "Judea and Sameria" Jews owned as of 1945. It also shows Palestinian AND public owned land.

JERUSALEM District- 84% Arab, 14% Jewish, 2% public
Ramallah District- 98% Arab, 1% Jewish, 1% public
Nablus District- 86% Arab, 13% Jewish, 1% public
Tulkaram District- 78% Arab, 17% Jewish, 5% public
HEBRON District- 95% Arab, 4% Jewish, 1% public

In fact, the only district in where Jews own almost as much as Palestinians as of 1945 is Haifa- 42% Arab, 35% Jewish, 23% public.

And if we look at agriculture Arabs/Other Jewish Total

Urban 76,662 70,111 146,773
Citrus 145,572 141,188 286,760
Bananas 2,300 1,430 3,730
Rural built-on area 36,851 42,330 79,181
Plantation 1,079,788 95,514 1,175,302
Cereal land (taxable) 5,503,183 814,102 6,317,285
Cereal land (not taxable) 900,294 51,049 951,343
Uncultivable 16,925,805 298,523 17,224.328
Total area:

24,670,455 1,514,247 26,184,702
Percentage

94.22% 5.8% 100%

So sorry, but like when most Zionists speak, what you tried claiming were lies. If your family owned property in what is now the West Bank, they should have a right to it. But 1,000 durams isn't much. Heck, my family owned 10,000 alone in Beit Dajon which was Jafa district at the time. I believe that if your family can prove they owned property, they should be able to keep it and become Palestinian citizens or be compensated. Likewise all Arabs who owned land should be compensated or allowed to return to it, as Israeli citizens.

But if this is a "What's yours is ours and what's ours is ours" situation, which is what Israel wants given the Absentee Property act, oh well! Looks like problems will remain until settled.

PS- you proved you know little since you said that Palestinians were moving into Jewish areas when I brought up Palestinians leaving the West Bank. Very very few Palestinians from the West Bank move into Israel. Most of them who do are due to family unification, which is rare. Most of the time the Israeli Arab ends up moving to the West Bank, or the Jewish woman if married to an PA resident.

LOL your first time in my homeland was on Birthright wasn't it? Do me a favor- post a picture of your proof of land ownership inside the West Bank and I will gladly post ours. I think you're lying. Or post your families passport cover of Palestine(Pre 1948)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies