Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2014, 11:58 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,028,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Rockets do very little damage?
Hmmmm try living in conditions where rockets may fall on you without notice. Having been in war and under fire I can attest that Rockets do very little damage provides little comfort to those who endure it. Evidence that todays journalists have the IQ of an amoeba.
I am not great supporter of Israel's heavy handed approach, but if it were my town under fire I would be demanding that Obama do something about it. The Hamas use human shields. Most of whom were given no choice in the matter. As long as we keep butting in there will be no end to this nonsense. Let the parties involved slug it out.
You are correct. Let em slug it out but the Pal's would lose and they know it so play to the sympathies. Evil Israel slugged it out with em all back in the day and beat em back. My child asked my why Israel is evil the other day and there is no answer. They are just folks like you and I.

Old 07-19-2014, 12:11 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,778,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
... , they man all entry and exit from gazza , to say the place has full independance is a fallacy
There were at one time six. One was closed by Israel in 2005, Three were blown up by Hamas within the past few years, one was blown up (Erez) a few days ago by a rocket from Gaza and the last one left is near the Egypt Border (Kerem). There is with one with directly with Egypt, but Egypt for the most part keeps it closed. Thus for the most part Hamas has cut off their citizens from entering two countries. Israel is just sitting on the other side of rubble at this point.

Old 07-19-2014, 01:15 PM

Gaza terrorists attempt to attack IDF forces with explosives-laden donkey | JPost | Israel News

Old 07-19-2014, 01:42 PM

43,710 posts, read 44,473,033 times
Rocket salvo intercepted over Be'er Sheva - Israel News, Ynetnews

Old 07-19-2014, 02:00 PM

43,710 posts, read 44,473,033 times
Egyptian TV Hosts Slam Hamas Leaders: We Are Sick and Tired of You:

Egyptian TV Hosts Slam Hamas Leaders: We Are Sick and Tired of You - YouTube

Old 07-19-2014, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
MSM is showing some explosions, and troop movements. But I wonder are Hamas actually fighting back against this ground invasion? I am not hearing much. All I hear is the casualties on the Palistinean side due to air strikes.
From what I've read on Arabic sites, Hamas is firing back in small skirmishes but not in any major street fighting. According to these sites, Hamas invested in 1000's of guns but not in bullets. The guns were purchased mainly for show and PR value as they didn't trust the population not to turn on them.

Old 07-19-2014, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133
MSM is showing some explosions, and troop movements. But I wonder are Hamas actually fighting back against this ground invasion? I am not hearing much. All I hear is the casualties on the Palistinean side due to air strikes.
In addition Hamas is sending out propaganda news which some major news agencies are putting up. Like:

Hamas: 11 Israeli soldiers killed

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News...-24-hours.html

Yet Israeli news shows only 2.
Two IDF soldiers killed after terrorists try to infiltrate Israel - Israel News, Ynetnews

Old 07-19-2014, 05:08 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,659,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Rockets do very little damage?
Hmmmm try living in conditions where rockets may fall on you without notice. Having been in war and under fire I can attest that Rockets do very little damage provides little comfort to those who endure it. Evidence that todays journalists have the IQ of an amoeba.
I am not great supporter of Israel's heavy handed approach, but if it were my town under fire I would be demanding that Obama do something about it. The Hamas use human shields. Most of whom were given no choice in the matter. As long as we keep butting in there will be no end to this nonsense. Let the parties involved slug it out.

Hamas is not using human shields.

The Gaza strip is from 3.7 to 7.5 miles wide and about 25 miles long. The Palestinians are being bombarded from the air, the ground, and the sea. All borders are closed to them. They are trapped.

IT IS WAR CRIMES WHAT ISRAEL IS DOING! By supporting Israel the U.S. is supporting the slaughter of innocent women and children. It is reprehensible.

344 Palestinians dead including 83 children, 2,500 injured.

Old 07-19-2014, 05:12 PM

Right, intercepted. Hamas' rockets do very little damage, just as this thread title states.

Old 07-19-2014, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
How did they miss them? Because on paper they are required to inspect the schools a few times a year and they didn't. Probably haven't for years. What else did they miss, that hit the news, over the past decade? A missile launcher and a Headmaster who was a Islamic Jihad commander and a bomb maker.

Why are they inspecting since the beginning of this year? Because its donors have realized the money being used was being lets say incorrectly. So since the UNRWA funding has been drastically cut they fired or reduced the pay of all their Palestinian employees and either replaced them with themselves or closed the schools. The UNRWA has cut all projects to the bone within the territories to lack of funding.

Add to this that Israel wants no part of the UNRWA due to the proven times they do not act impartial with their programs. Nearly every program used by the UN has had a negative impact on Israel.

Israel wants no part of the UNRWA because it is describing the situation as it really is --- a slaughter of innocent people.

The Geneva convention prohibits punishing an entire people for acts of warfare. That is exactly what Israel is doing now, by mass killings of innocent people---people who may not even be Hamas supporters, let alone infants and children, who are being clear-out murdered by the Israelis.

Check this out for an objective view of the attacks:

http://www.ochaopt.org/documents/och...19_07_2014.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies