Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2014, 06:42 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,796,980 times

Advertisements

Right now?

It's Friday night, they're at the Mosque Jihadi class.

They will be back tomorrow, to attack innocent Israeli civilians with their rockets, while protecting their rocket launchers behind their own civilians.

They are fundamentally different from western civilization in this regard.

Cowards hiding behind human shields.

http://i61.tinypic.com/sqjarr.gif

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-18-2014 at 09:19 PM..

Old 07-18-2014, 06:42 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,807,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian1776 View Post
1,500 rockets over 11 days = 136.36 every day or 5 rockets per hour for every hour of the day for 11 days. One rocket roughly every 10 minutes for 11 days. And that is NOT including the launches that have happened before those 11 days.

Sorry, but someone takes a shot at me once every 10 minutes with bullets, mortars, rockets or anything else for 11 days and I'm coming after you.

Get over it; they almost always miss.

Old 07-18-2014, 06:44 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,973,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
And how many have they killed?
What difference does that make? If someone shoots at you day after day, but misses, do you then assume that they must left to keep doing so until they finally DO get one through your skull?

Quote:
How many has Israel killed? Go look them up.
irrelevant. Unless you're a "scorekeeper" that insists that Israel should kill as many Palestinians as Hamas kills of them, but only that many. Hamas doesn't care how many Palestinians get killed, their concern is something entirely different.

Quote:
That being said, I still haven't seen any indication that Israel is going to use sufficient force to resolve the conflict.
What level is that?

Old 07-18-2014, 06:47 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,796,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Israeli apartheid is the root cause!
No, the only country in that region that routinely allows Arabs to vote is Israel.

There are Moslem Arabs in the Knesset (parliament); how many Jews hold elective office in any Arab nations?

The root cause is Islam.

Old 07-18-2014, 06:47 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,186,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian1776 View Post
1,500 rockets over 11 days = 136.36 every day or 5 rockets per hour for every hour of the day for 11 days. One rocket roughly every 10 minutes for 11 days. And that is NOT including the launches that have happened before those 11 days.

Sorry, but someone takes a shot at me once every 10 minutes with bullets, mortars, rockets or anything else for 11 days and I'm coming after you.
Maybe we'll get lucky and both sides will wipe each other out so we don't have to deal with this anymore.

Old 07-18-2014, 06:52 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,837,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
Maybe we'll get lucky and both sides will wipe each other out so we don't have to deal with this anymore.
You are being shelled?

Old 07-18-2014, 07:06 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
What difference does that make? If someone shoots at you day after day, but misses, do you then assume that they must left to keep doing so until they finally DO get one through your skull?

irrelevant. Unless you're a "scorekeeper" that insists that Israel should kill as many Palestinians as Hamas kills of them, but only that many. Hamas doesn't care how many Palestinians get killed, their concern is something entirely different.
If someone shoots at me, is it ok to return fire?
Yes

OK what if they use people as human shields
Well....its not great...but yeah...

Well what if one guy on my side gets killed by 100 bad guys shooting at us?
Is it then OK to: Kill 20 of them, and 120 of their neighbors.

uhmmmmmmmm. Heres the the thing, you cannot claim the high ground when you trade 120 of their lives for 1 of yours. And you REALLY cant do it when at the end of the day nothing will have changed.

Quote:
What level is that?
In all honesty? Take and KEEP all of Palestine. Execute anyone who was or is a member of Hamas. Anyone who commits a act of terrorism has their family executed. Shoot anyone who actively protests. Improve Palestine so that anyone still alive is happier.

If you aren't willing to go that far to SOLVE the problem, then you shouldn't be trying to resolve it by force.

Yes I am a monster, but the problem with people and countries using force, is that they VERY VERY rarely use sufficient force to solve a problem, they just get temporary solutions....that someday require force again.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:17 PM

Quote:
If someone shoots at me, is it ok to return fire?
Yes
So, you agree that defending your life is moral.

Quote:
OK what if they use people as human shields
Well....its not great...but yeah...
That should teach you about the other side.

Quote:
Well what if one guy on my side gets killed by 100 bad guys shooting at us?
Is it then OK to: Kill 20 of them, and 120 of their neighbors.

uhmmmmmmmm. Heres the the thing, you cannot claim the high ground when you trade 120 of their lives for 1 of yours.
The purpose of military defense is not the claim the "moral high ground" it is to kill and destroy the ability of those who try to kill you.

Quote:
And you REALLY cant do it when at the end of the day nothing will have changed.
It will change when you have either killed everyone who tries to kill you, or you have changed their mind because they decided they wanted to live.

Quote:
In all honesty? Take and KEEP all of Palestine. Execute anyone who was or is a member of Hamas. Anyone who commits a act of terrorism has their family executed. Shoot anyone who actively protests. Improve Palestine so that anyone still alive is happier.
What was this about the moral high ground?

Quote:
If you aren't willing to go that far to SOLVE the problem, then you shouldn't be trying to resolve it by force.
Amazing. You almost get it.

Quote:
Yes I am a monster, but the problem with people and countries using force, is that they VERY VERY rarely use sufficient force to solve a problem, they just get temporary solutions....that someday require force again.
"Monster"?

It has been apparent for all of my sentient days that Israel's existence is dependent upon their willingness to kill those who try to kill them. This isn't about being a monster, this is about valuing life enough to bring said conflicts to an end.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:26 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post

What was this about the moral high ground?
You do not have the moral high ground if you do not use sufficient force to resolve the conflict. You're just allowing a unbalanced exchange of lives to continue. And it will continue until you either resolve it with sufficient force, or find a peaceful solution. But a middle ground that just keeps costing lives is wrong.

One side is incapable of bringing sufficient force to the table, and apparently unwilling to find a peaceful solution. The failure to do so is theirs.-Palestine

The other side is unwilling to bring sufficient force to the table, and has been unable to find a peaceful solution (perhaps because the other side refuses to recognize their right to exits)-Israel

Old 07-18-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
You do not have the moral high ground if you do not use sufficient force to resolve the conflict. You're just allowing a unbalanced exchange of lives to continue. And it will continue until you either resolve it with sufficient force, or find a peaceful solution. But a middle ground that just keeps costing lives is wrong.

One side is incapable of bringing sufficient force to the table, and apparently unwilling to find a peaceful solution. The failure to do so is theirs.-Palestine

The other side is unwilling to bring sufficient force to the table, and has been unable to find a peaceful solution (perhaps because the other side refuses to recognize their right to exits)-Israel
I would have to mostly agree with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies