Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2014, 08:49 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
BS. You and most of the EU never want to get their hands dirty. They want Americans to. No matter what happens on the planet the word on any European street is that the Americans will take care of it. If it weren't for US there would be no EU.

Us Jews have a good understanding of the world and how you didn't give a sheet when only 200,000 survived out of over 6 Million in Europe and still gave us no Peace at the end of that war. You didn't want us in Europe and you didn't want us the Middle East. So this time around WE are going to do what is best for us and not give a sheet of what you think. This time around WE are going to do everything we can to so WE survive.

This is our burned in memory of our past and we all say "Never Again".

If you don't want to be a hypocrite, then you need to say, "Never again to anyone." Including the Palestinians. (And I don't need to post gory pictures of the recent killings in order to pull tears just to make my point, either.)
And (surprise, surprise) Jews were not the only to die in WWII. They aren't "special."

And, since the US is funding Israel, it will need to consider just where the funding is going--for good or for evil. --That is, if the people of the US have any fear of God. Because we just might have to answer for our actions someday.

Peace.
brian

Old 07-18-2014, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
That's not all that is in Scripture. Not to get into it, but remember that there's also the sin of omission - to him who knows the right thing to do and does it not, it is sin. There are times when we have to stand up for what is right. Pacifism (appeasement) isn't always the right path.
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Would you want others to do violence to you? What if they took your home? What if they killed your children? If you want people to treat you nice, then you must also do the same to them. (The Jews don't follow that teaching because they reject Jesus' teachings, so I don't expect them to understand it. But to a Christian, this is a basic principle of following Christ. Although, there are many "Christians" who are fakes and do not follow Jesus' teachings, but rather their political leaders and TV hosts.)

Peace.
brian

Old 07-18-2014, 08:59 AM

39,865 posts, read 26,489,397 times
A voice of reason in a sea of crazy. I'm betting the anti-semetic MSM of this country ignores the writer in droves.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:09 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,734,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
If you don't want to be a hypocrite, then you need to say, "Never again to anyone." Including the Palestinians.
NO. The Palestinians chose this direction to take. So whatever happens is in their hands and their hands alone. DON'T even try to compare the Jewish plight to the Palestinian plight. There is a reason in nearly every Muslim country that Jews were known as "People of the Book". The Jews went in the pacifist direction and nearly all of them died for it. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:14 AM

Quote:
NO. The Palestinians chose this direction to take. So whatever happens is in their hands and their hands alone. DON'T even try to compare the Jewish plight to the Palestinian plight. There is a reason in nearly every Muslim country that Jews were known as "People of the Book". The Jews went in the pacifist direction and nearly all of them died for it. BIG DIFFERENCE.
Apparently we're talking about different people. "Pacifism" is NOT the first word that comes to mind when I think of Israel. In fact, it's the last.

Jews, Muslims, Christians. All of us may one day have to face our Creator and give account for how we treated our neighbors. No more time to blame others, just us and God. It might be quite an uncomfortable event for those who choose violence, religion aside.

Jews are not special. They too have a Creator who will call them to answer for their actions. According to their "Book," as you correctly mentioned.

Peace.
brian

Old 07-18-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Apparently we're talking about different people. "Pacifism" is NOT the first word that comes to mind when I think of Israel. In fact, it's the last.
No, We are talking about the same people. Jews AFTER WW2 said "Never Again" and after that point Jews would no longer be Pacifists. Israel will not allow another Holocaust be done to them nor will they do a Masada to themselves. Gazans chose this path after 2005 and now they have to deal with the ramifications of it. The Muslim world knows the truth about them now and not one country has sent them a ship to leave from Gaza nor has Egypt allowed any of them into their country. That's reality no matter how you want to spin it. None of this is in the sake of the Tanakh nor the Quran.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Would you want others to do violence to you? What if they took your home? What if they killed your children? If you want people to treat you nice, then you must also do the same to them. (The Jews don't follow that teaching because they reject Jesus' teachings, so I don't expect them to understand it. But to a Christian, this is a basic principle of following Christ. Although, there are many "Christians" who are fakes and do not follow Jesus' teachings, but rather their political leaders and TV hosts.)
This is not the Religion Forum, so if you want to spin this in that direction then attempt to open a thread there. Christian Theology IMO has no place in this thread.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:34 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,988,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith_Plus_Nothing View Post
I have been watching for the past several weeks as the "Palestinians" continued attacks on Israel and Israel prepared to move against them. While I know that a nation attacked must stop those attacks I also wonder if Israel will use this as an opportunity to take back more of their homeland, in this case the Gaza strip.

Gaza is modern Israels Warsaw Ghetto with 2 million people living in a crowded city with no utilities or the means to support its self. If you try to leave Gaza you go right in to Israel something Israelis actually fear. Israel in in the same position as the Wartime General Government that the 3rd Reich used to administer the remains of Poland. Israel like the Nazis would just like these people in Gaza to disapear but are still conflicted over the desirability of a FINAL SOLUTION.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:38 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,379,671 times
Quote:
Israel does not Gaza back. Israel would have preferred that it stayed with Egypt after the Treaty was signed, but they didn't want it either.
And yet, the Israeli government doesn't support a two state solution

Old 07-18-2014, 09:40 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,998,309 times
Quote:
I don't assume that the Indians would have done the same thing. And I certianly don't use that presumption as justification for further aggression, either.

Peace.
brian
It appears you don't want to look at history. Those Indians you love killed each other tribes all over the place. Eh who cares though because they were beat by the evil white man so you squeal about it. Just pathetic. Go learn history and then get back instead of screaming and whining about nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies