Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 11:12 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times

Advertisements

[quote=suissegrl702;27050454]

I cannot believe what has come of conservatives in this country who think the fat cats are entitled to fleece the poor and the middle class like this. Its disgusting and appalling. Meanwhile Joe Six Pack goes and gets the only job he can get to support his family, only to be shamed by the idiots on here for being so poor despite working at Wal-Mart that even in states with almost no safety net he'd qualify for every handout offered.

Whether one wants to admit it or not, the greedy rich are part of the problem in this country.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Yet everyone wants to think how hard-working, industrious, and worthy the Waltons are! They're not ---- they're just plain LUCKY to be the progeny of Sam Walton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2012, 12:50 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
It seems those who disagree with you must be liberals, right? Does everything to you come down to liberals v. conservatives. If so, I cannot engage you.
No, it does not.. You need to stop assuming

Last edited by whogo; 11-22-2012 at 01:06 AM..

Old 11-22-2012, 01:28 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Hmm...I must've missed the news reports of Walmart holding a gun to peoples' heads and forcing them to be employed there.
No one can ever accuse you of being insightful. This is simple logic here. By design, Corporate America and its demonizing of unions and outsourcing, is forcing lower standards of employment and work place ethics and conditions. These corporate giants are clearly demonstrating that they want the same working conditions for their employees as those in China. People take these Walmart jobs because obviously they need them, which should not translate to making them second class citizens to the pigggish greedy CEO's. I find it a bit odd and very distrubing that any American would not understand ow detrimental this is to the nation s a whole.

Old 11-22-2012, 01:36 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,245,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Agree with this post 100%. And let's hope those who are working do not get harmed by aggressive crowds. Hard to believe what we have come to when people in a country like this will trample each other, trample workers and soccer moms will brawl in a store over the latest f***n gadget. I mean, just stuff. You would think it was a starving crowd fighting for food. And then the sales "reports" will come out saying they did not make enough money. Good grief.

I used to work in retail, Was there for years. Never shopped on Black Friday then, never will now. Going to lock the doors and stay inside. I want no part of it. For those who are fans of George Romero, You know his allegory in the Dead films was correct.
We'll be hearing saturday morning of who got trampled where on the news. I did one black friday a few years ago at best buy, the place was a human zoo, it was like spain's run in front of bulls, never again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I sometimes wonder if liberals understand that the emergence of online competitors, such as Amazon, are squeezing the big box stores and forcing them to cut costs even lower and, in some cases, extend hours. I wonder how many liberals who complain about the big box stores wages and benefits merrily shop online.

I wonder how many of those who boycott Walmart merrily shop online.
I sometimes wonder why conservatives are so fricken ignorant.

Old 11-22-2012, 05:59 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
And don't shop at Target, or K Mart, or Sears, or JC Penney, Lowes, Home Depot, Best Buy, or any big box retailer. They all have the same business practices and target the little guy independant business owner.
Just stay home. 30 years ago we had a K mart come to town, long before Wal Mart or Target did. They drove a local retailer out of business, it was called Nichols.

Old 11-22-2012, 06:12 AM

4,534 posts, read 4,932,712 times
A more in depth view of what Wal Mart really does to this country and jobs.

Is Wal-Mart Good For America? | FRONTLINE | PBS

Old 11-22-2012, 06:14 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
LOL..guess who made Walmart the #1 employer in America ?

Why YOU did. Don't go blaming those "greedy fat cats". They aren't running to Walmart in droves, banging down doors to get the latest gadget on sale.

YOU gave them your money willingly.

Old 11-22-2012, 06:39 AM

37,222 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
LOL..guess who made Walmart the #1 employer in America ?

Why YOU did. Don't go blaming those "greedy fat cats". They aren't running to Walmart in droves, banging down doors to get the latest gadget on sale.

YOU gave them your money willingly.
I have not been through their doors since 2004. I don't mind paying a little more elsewhere.

Old 11-22-2012, 06:42 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,226,123 times
Whoever forced those people to work at WalMart should be ashamed! (WalMart should fire every one of the protesters. I'm sure there are others that would gladly fill their positions the next day!)

Old 11-22-2012, 06:43 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
I never shop at Walmart either. I was glad to see that working people are taking action. When the company is unionized there will be labor protections in place and they won't be able to attack their own employees.
It is basically not the working people, but the unions putting pressure on them. You know that; would you like to predict when they will be unionized?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies