Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2012, 10:28 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and the anti WalMart libs here refuse to address how much the Waltons give to charity? I doubt any of them know a thing about the family, the foundation or anything else, except maybe what they read in either the left trash reports or they google...
So Walmart throwing tax deductible crumbs to the peasants is a noble thing? These are not the days of royalty and serfdom, this is the damn 21st Century and the demonizing of unions is part of the master plan to weaken the leverage of the average working person. Shamelful that all people don't get that. Walmart creates their own customer base by making them poor enough to only be able to afford the garbage they import from China. If they are so charitable, why isn't it evident in the way that they treat their workers? Don't you see the incredible irony and hypocrisy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2012, 10:33 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,582,287 times
Walmart (and other retailers ) needs to automate their stores and use as much robots/machines as possible. It is starting to become very clear that retail workers are getting greedy. A company should be able to pay you what you are actually worth to them. If you are some low level easily replaceable retail worker, you are not worth much.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:35 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
Default Fight Plutocracy-Boycott Walmart on Black Friday

nah I have to work. I don't do the black Friday thing but i will shop where I get the most for my money because I'm not stupid.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:40 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,140,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Walmart (and other retailers ) needs to automate their stores and use as much robots/machines as possible. It is starting to become very clear that retail workers are getting greedy. A company should be able to pay you what you are actually worth to them. If you are some low level easily replaceable retail worker, you are not worth much.
Let me get this straight--

Retail worker making $8.00 an hour wants t make $8.50 = greedy

Billionaire owner who wants to make $20 billion a year instead of $15 at the expense of that worker = hero

Nice values.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:41 AM

45,420 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Just as a note, until I became a teacher I never had a holiday off unless it fell on a regularly scheduled day off. This goes back to high school and my first jobs up through college, the Navy, and working in manufacturing and for a railroad. The factory and RR jobs were unionized, by the way.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:46 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,582,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Let me get this straight--

Retail worker making $8.00 an hour wants t make $8.50 = greedy

Billionaire owner who wants to make $20 billion a year instead of $15 at the expense of that worker = hero

Nice values.
Salary should be commensurate with the return that you bring to the company. A retail worker at Walmart is an extremely unproductive position. They are paid what they are worth.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:51 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,150,886 times
Let's clear up some figures here:

Walmart made $15.7 billion last year; down 5.6% from the year prior.

Yes, profits go to shareholders. What's the point of mentioning that?

Walmart is not in a position to take on expenses. They need to become more profitable.

Old 11-22-2012, 11:05 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
No it isn't. I shop at Canadian owned stores that are so different than Walmart it's like day and night.
Home hardware for instance has over 40,000 different products and are priced right. The Great Canadian Superstore is Canadian owned, union shop and IMO is 10000 times better than Walmart in every single area.

I don't shop at walmart and I won't shop at walmart. NOT until they start to PAY their employees a living wage.
If what you say were true then how do you explain the hordes of Canadians that regularly come into MT to shop or get prescriptions filled at Walmart and then fill up Costco?
Now that we live in AZ the amount of Canadians loading up from Walmart before going home would probably amaze you.

Old 11-22-2012, 11:08 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Let's clear up some figures here:

Walmart made $15.7 billion last year; down 5.6% from the year prior.

Yes, profits go to shareholders. What's the point of mentioning that?

Walmart is not in a position to take on expenses. They need to become more profitable.
You mean the purpose of a corporation is to increase shareholder value? Yes, Business 101, liberals missed out on that course.

Amazon is open all day today.

Old 11-22-2012, 11:13 AM

45,420 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
You mean the purpose of a corporation is to increase shareholder value? Yes, Business 101, liberals missed out on that course.

Amazon is open all day today.
In this area so are all the grocery stores (both union and non-union), restaurants, gas stations, a couple hardwares, the bait and tackle shop, Domino's and Papa Johns's, and all the fast food places. The groceries that are union pay holiday pay, no one else does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies