Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2012, 07:24 PM

420 posts, read 335,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyWren View Post
And I have a solution for all those able bodied folks on food stamps and welfare - if the government insists on this redistribution of wealth crap, the least .gov could do is make these folks go out and pick up garbage along the highways and on the shoreline. You want to play the Green card with us? Oooooh, we have to be sustainable! Save Mother Earth! Well, pick up your garbage, you lazy slobs. Yes, we the taxpayers will pay you to get off your fat asses and clean up our roads and beaches. Pay them minimum wage equivalent for what they were receiving in subsidies. Bang! Government becomes a job CREATOR

I was responding to the above post by ObserverNY.

I'm not sure what you're asking me.
A bit much caffeine today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 07:56 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
It is an issue when you are asking "rich" people to pay what YOU think is "their fair share", more than they are already paying in taxes for generational poverty which is promulgated by bleeding-heart Libs like you. You fail to realize that the behavior of humans who are born into poverty and who are dependent upon the government, is exactly the same as the dependency behavior of animals fed by humans. Dependency breeds dependency. Just look at Detroit. The only way to solve the problem is to cut off the money/food stamps, except for those who are legitimately disabled and physically or mentally unable to work.
Quote:
Why do you think .gov gives tax deductions based on NUMBER OF DEPENDENTS?
Quote:
And I have a solution for all those able bodied folks on food stamps and welfare - if the government insists on this redistribution of wealth crap, the least .gov could do is make these folks go out and pick up garbage along the highways and on the shoreline. You want to play the Green card with us? Oooooh, we have to be sustainable! Save Mother Earth! Well, pick up your garbage, you lazy slobs. Yes, we the taxpayers will pay you to get off your fat asses and clean up our roads and beaches. Pay them minimum wage equivalent for what they were receiving in subsidies. Bang! Government becomes a job CREATOR.
Folks, please read these posts carefully. Then I beseech you to understand that these words are the ramblings of someone who does not understand the state of many of her fellow Americans. Someone who does not understand the plight of the poor, the elderly, children, the disabled and the working poor. Finally, I ask you to not listen to this fallacious propaganda and instead seek out the information yourselves. You will be surprised (pleasantly, in an odd way) to see that your fellow Americans are not the bloodsucking lazy leeches that many R's would have you believe they are.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:29 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,205,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Folks, please read these posts carefully. Then I beseech you to understand that these words are the ramblings of someone who does not understand the state of many of her fellow Americans. Someone who does not understand the plight of the poor, the elderly, children, the disabled and the working poor. Finally, I ask you to not listen to this fallacious propaganda and instead seek out the information yourselves. You will be surprised (pleasantly, in an odd way) to see that your fellow Americans are not the bloodsucking lazy leeches that many R's would have you believe they are.
Sometime I wonder if some of these over the top ppl aren't just ppl trolling to break down any serious discussion.

I know one thing if a few of these uber wealthy wanta be's spent a few nites in a homeless shelter or maybe under a bridge they'd be singing a different tune. Being poor is not a bed of roses. Being sickly, being hungry, being dirty isn't living the high life. I've been there and all I, or anyone I know from there, want is a way out. I got out more never find their way out.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:34 PM

140 posts, read 109,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunValleyRoadKing View Post
A bit much caffeine today?
My apologies. I don't know how I got all off track in this thread.

Let me get a fresh cup of coffee and regroup.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:41 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:

Old 12-09-2012, 10:30 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:

The plight of the poor has been going on for years and nothing has change. It is now overplayed. You attack good hard working good americans who have pulled out of the middle class and then have the nerve to say they don't pay their fair share. They aren't the big bad bankers, they are not rich yet and Obama will make sure they don't make it. Do you realize how offensive that is to people who are paying a lot of taxes. Sorry, you should not expect sympathy from them.

You attacked and voted for higher taxes and then expect sympathy?

Old 12-09-2012, 10:34 PM

420 posts, read 335,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyWren View Post
My apologies. I don't know how I got all off track in this thread.

Let me get a fresh cup of coffee and regroup.

Havin' one myself...and a hot fudge sundae...yum...

(Okay, honey. I'll be there in a minute. Shhh...I might be another hour or two.)

Old 12-09-2012, 10:38 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,656,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The plight of the poor has been going on for years and nothing has change. It is now overplayed. You attack good hard working good americans who have pulled out of the middle class and then have the nerve to say they don't pay their fair share. They aren't the big bad bankers, they are not rich yet and Obama will make sure they don't make it. Do you realize how offensive that is to people who are paying a lot of taxes. Sorry, you should not expect sympathy from them.

You attacked and voted for higher taxes and then expect sympathy?
By international standards U.S. taxes are low. This graph shows taxes at all levels of government as a share of GDP. Only a few nations have lower taxes than the U.S......(not that anyone seems to care that much about facts on here.)

Old 12-09-2012, 10:46 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
By international standards U.S. taxes are low. This graph shows taxes at all levels of government as a share of GDP. Only a few nations have lower taxes than the U.S......(not that anyone seems to care that much about facts on here.)
You are right. I don't care. If you feel they are low write a check to the IRS then.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:05 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,656,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You are right. I don't care. If you feel they are low write a check to the IRS then.
And Obama is not attacking the hard-working people who have just made it out of the middle class and are earning under $500,000 a year. Those people will see little increase in income tax.

It's not until household income exceeds $500,000 a year that households will pay an average of 2.8 % more. Surely someone making half a million a year can afford to pay more than someone making less than $20,000 a year, which is the group you seem to want to see pay more tax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies