Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 08:33 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,371,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Why not? When some lunatic Republican politician says something idiotic about rape or abortion, the statement suddenly applies to all Republicans.

That was a knockout punch. Sadly the lefties with their kaleidoscope glasses will never see it that way nor admit it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 08:34 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,827,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Wait... I thought the left LIKED laws and big government? You partisan hacks are so confusing sometimes!
Of course they like big government. Eventually big government will consist of a million dumb drones and an elite that will swarm any one that not compliant to the elite left- (that is actually the right)... Big government is in place to make things so complex that people will have no results when it comes to governance. "Complexity is the sanctuary of scoundrels"

The "laws" created by the left are NOT laws...Laws are cared in stone...The left make their laws out of silly putty.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:35 AM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
"It's like church over here. It's like church in here. First of all, give an honor to God and our lord and savior Barack Obama...Barack Obama."

I guess the morons think that the audience really thought they were in church too.
LOL... as I said, their sense of humor is severely lacking! Did they also believe Howard Stern thought he'd solve crime with his farts?

Old 11-26-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
That was a knockout punch. Sadly the lefties with their kaleidoscope glasses will never see it that way nor admit it.
How was that a "knockout punch?" I said when CELEBRITIES give a political opinion, they make fun of anyone who listens... but then when a CELEBRITY makes a stupid comment, they think it represents half of the country. So how is that comment about politicians even related to what I said? Only a "knockout punch" if you can't follow a line of conversation very well.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:43 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,827,353 times
Back in the day when Obama was elected...I remember one thing clearly. It was a shot of a young white liberal woman who was weeping tears of joy...as if she has seen the face of Jesus Christ appear in a cloud...at that point in time it was clear to me that America had lost it's mind.

Through out history human populations have been manipulated religiously and politically through man kinds greatest weakness and the enemy of logic EMOTION. Emotion is like sex...during the thrill and climax a person loses their mind and will utter the words "I love you"...They will have a chemical reaction that is akin to a shot of morphine. The communist were right when they said religion was the opiate of the masses...Well now America is stoned...and a person that is high can be easily manipulated right into the bowels of hell...and they wound feel the heat.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:50 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Well, at least Obama is proven to exist... better than worshiping an invisible sky daddy, as the "right wing loons" tend to do.
do muslims, sikhs, hindus and jews worship an 'invisible sky daddy?'

just wondering.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:51 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Earth to 3~Shepherds...I'm a JEW, and pretty sure you already knew that.
I do know this, so is this a pass to make fun of how or who others worship?? Do you talk this way about Allah also......... if you had a chance??

Quote:
The conservatives here really don't get sarcasm and humor, do they? But how is referring to G-d as a "sky daddy" offensive or intolerant, anyway?
You and I both know "sky daddy" is meant to demean who Christians worship. You/others can say what you like, I'm neither offend or intolerant of others speech......it's just amazing how others are jumping to not offend Muslims (Allah) and Christians are now the enemy........including our own President.

Quote:
if Jamie Foxx did in fact worship Obama (which he obviously doesn't). Why isn't he being tolerant of that?
Do you know this for a fact? I have to say I do believe the crowd knows who Obama is, God not so much...

I see this as a debate thread, not the OP being intolerant. Do you consider any thread started that you don't agree with, as being intolerant?

Old 11-26-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
do muslims, sikhs, hindus and jews worship an 'invisible sky daddy?'

just wondering.
Yep... and since I am a practicing Jew, that includes me too (at least when I'm at temple). What else would you call something you cannot see or prove exists, and yet follow their laws without question?

Old 11-26-2012, 08:59 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Yep... and since I am a practicing Jew, that includes me too (at least when I'm at temple).
so you're a sky-daddy worshipper, and have no problem if people refer to you as such? yeah, right

you stop believing as soon as you exit the temple? how odd.

Quote:
What else would you call something you cannot see or prove exists, and yet follow their laws without question?
how about a muslim, sikh, hindu or jew?

Old 11-26-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I do know this, so is this a pass to make fun of how or who others worship?? Do you talk this way about Allah also......... if you had a chance??

You and I both know "sky daddy" is meant to demean who Christians worship. You/others can say what you like, I'm neither offend or intolerant of others speech......it's just amazing how others are jumping to not offend Muslims (Allah) and Christians are now the enemy........including our own President.
See above... I think all/most religions worship "invisible sky daddies," so you can drop the persecution complex now. And yes, that includes Allah too. Again, I am Jewish, so why wouldn't I consider their god (equally or more of) a false idol? Think about it.

My original comment was meant to be facetious, anyway, and more of a statement on how the right uses G-d as their platform. Funny how my comment offended you so much, while the OP is just "debating a topic."

Quote:
Do you know this for a fact? I have to say I do believe the crowd knows who Obama is, God not so much...
No, I don't know this for a fact - it's just common sense. I live in a region full of liberals, and nobody I know believes Obama is a god. Nobody.

Quote:
I see this as a debate thread, not the OP being intolerant. Do you consider any thread started that you don't agree with, as being intolerant?
Uh, no? I was being sarcastic, as I've already said, but the OP did start a thread calling people crazy for "worshiping Obama." So if you all really do think liberals see him as a god, wouldn't it be intolerant to give them a hard time over that? I don't believe in many religions, and I'm not about to start a thread going all over their different views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies