Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 11:47 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,372,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Isn't this guy a comedian?
Yeah, a not funny one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 11:49 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
DUPLICATE THREAD.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...amie-foxx.html

Old 11-26-2012, 11:58 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,383,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
How to get elected by using taxpayer money......... Free Cellphones, Food Stamps, and SS Disability........ Life is great for the Obamaciples.
The funniest thing is that I work part-time for the phone company and since we're in the south daily we have lots of customers calling in about their lifeline discounts. I had a lady tell me today that even though she didn't send back the re-certification form she was "entitled" to the discounts.

Now these people are usually in their 60's and they've retired, relocated from up north to these fancy newly-built Florida retirement communities that cost a pretty penny and they are usually Republicans...I know this because when I explain that even with the discounts they still have to pay taxes they go on long rants about Obama...because it's Obama's fault that they pay city and county taxes and 911 surcharges....

but you keep on believing that the these program are only being used by "Obamaciples"

Old 11-26-2012, 12:09 PM

1,579 posts, read 2,343,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
In fairness to liberals it's only a subset of them, Blacks who are gripped by cult like worship of Obama. I've witnessed it first hand and it's creepy. I now know better how those people followed Jim Jones into the jungle.
You're being rational. Most liberals are not black and most blacks are not liberal.

This monolithic voting block always goes democrat, but lets not pretend that they accurately represent the educated professional demographic that leans liberal. Blacks are only a small percentage of the population in many solid blue states.

No offense meant to anyone, but that's just my observation as a well-traveled Asian.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:09 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,958,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
God is God. President Obama is a human being, he isn't God. I would think Jamie Foxx would know better. It's okay if you like President Obama. Calling him God is not okay.

He didn't call him God (at least from the article quote), he called him his lord and savior. Notice the "and" before God, which would more likely imply a second entity, that he was referring to him as Christ. As for it being a joke, I have no idea and don't really care. It is something you might expect at a comedy routine (in character for a stand up show, movie, etc...), but saying it at an awards ceremony seems a bit poor taste. Either way, it isn't like anything Jamie Foxx says is worth any intellectual merit.

Old 11-26-2012, 05:33 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
You liberals do the same thing when you say all Republicans are racist wacko religious nuts or that Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church is the face of conservatism. So don't criticize the other side for making sweeping generalizations about liberals based on the fringe of your ideology when you yourself have been doing the same thing about conservatives for years.
Me myself? I'm not even really left or right (independent Libertarian type), so no - I have not personally been doing that for years.

(Although in this recent election, even the right admits they were attached to a crazy train!)

Old 11-26-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
God is God. President Obama is a human being, he isn't God. I would think Jamie Foxx would know better. It's okay if you like President Obama. Calling him God is not okay.
Obviously he was just kidding, but why would it not be okay to call him a god? I thought we had freedom of religion here, so if he wants to start a church of Obama that's his right. Who are YOU to dictate what's right or wrong, especially when it comes to personal/religious beliefs? I bet if I said being a Christian wasn't okay, you'd all (rightfully) nail me to the wall for it!

Old 11-26-2012, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
she is a nut case and was very serious!!!!! He may have not meant it literally, but he shouldn't have said it period!!!!!
Why not? People say offensive things all the time, and they have the right to do so... you also have the right to say "I'm offended by that," but they don't have to apologize or censor themselves for you. Can't please everyone, ya know! And yes, I believe this rule applies equally to both sides of the political fence - as, unlike some people here, I don't have different rules for different groups.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:53 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,208,631 times
Default THE AGE OF OBAMA: Jamie Foxx - "Obama is Our God, Our Lord and Savior"!

People wonder just how did obama get 98% of the black vote, here's the answer...

THE AGE OF OBAMA: Jamie Foxx - "Obama is Our God, Our Lord and Savior"! - YouTube

obama is god.....

Old 11-26-2012, 10:59 PM

Multiply duplicate (not to mention multiply ridiculous) thread... I'll report it, so the mods can merge this with the other two. Why three people had to start a thread over a comedian's joke, I have no idea - but knock yourself out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies