Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 09:03 AM

24,422 posts, read 23,084,509 times

Advertisements

I've noticed that Gary Trudeau seems to be channeling Joseph Goebbels in writing his comic strip Doonesbury. That warped little hate merchant is really going off the deep end as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 09:05 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,229,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
According to the left we now have a new God....The left is really scary... I feel like we're now living in North Korea...cult worship...

Jamie Foxx: 'Our Lord and Savior Barack Obama' | NewsBusters.org
It's just what they think. Obama is god

Old 11-26-2012, 09:07 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
LOL!

If it hasn't been said already, to the OP and those who agree with him about his ridiculous claims, you do realize that Jamie Foxx is a comedian right???

It was a joke lol! Get over it already!

How much of the rest of the award show did you watch?

Old 11-26-2012, 09:09 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,478,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Back in the day when Obama was elected...I remember one thing clearly. It was a shot of a young white liberal woman who was weeping tears of joy...as if she has seen the face of Jesus Christ appear in a cloud...at that point in time it was clear to me that America had lost it's mind.

Through out history human populations have been manipulated religiously and politically through man kinds greatest weakness and the enemy of logic EMOTION. Emotion is like sex...during the thrill and climax a person loses their mind and will utter the words "I love you"...They will have a chemical reaction that is akin to a shot of morphine. The communist were right when they said religion was the opiate of the masses...Well now America is stoned...and a person that is high can be easily manipulated right into the bowels of hell...and they wound feel the heat.
Does Canada have hateful rightwing talk show hosts that instruct their loyal lemmings to toss around the word "liberal" when they have nothing else? Obama is a "figure head" an "actor"? You have plenty of verbage but no substance so I suspect you`re tuning into Rush from north of the border.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:12 AM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
so you're a sky-daddy worshipper, and have no problem if people refer to you as such? yeah, right
Nope, I have no problem with that at all... I was raised to question everything, and clearly I'm also not as easily offended as some people here. And I thought liberals were supposed to be the whiny PC ones, lol.

Quote:
you stop believing as soon as you exit the temple? how odd.
I never said anything about my beliefs, only who/what I worship... and that's all I'm saying about that, since my religious practices are a very personal matter.

Quote:
how about a muslim, sikh, hindu or jew?
Only when I'm referring to the people themselves, not when referring to their idols. And what part of "I was being sarcastic and giving the OP (who was being waaaay more offensive) a hard time" do you not understand? Funny how you're all jumping on me for a silly joke, while completely ignoring the insults spewing from the OP.

P.S. This thread isn't about me or my religious beliefs, so let's get back on topic now.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:28 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,123,257 times
Quote:
If it hasn't been said already, to the OP and those who agree with him about his ridiculous claims, you do realize that Jamie Foxx is a comedian right???

It was a joke lol! Get over it already!

How much of the rest of the award show did you watch?
A joke...Obama actually thinks he's GOD ... "the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal.”

Old 11-26-2012, 09:36 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,827,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Does Canada have hateful rightwing talk show hosts that instruct their loyal lemmings to toss around the word "liberal" when they have nothing else? Obama is a "figure head" an "actor"? You have plenty of verbage but no substance so I suspect you`re tuning into Rush from north of the border.
No - I would not listen to your Rush...how can I take a guy seriously who liked to eat hill billy pain killers like candy? I am not super left or right...I judge by image..by facial structure..buy what I see and what i hear...I have nothing personally against your President...I just don't actually believe there is a lot to the guy...as for the world liberal...I guess what I mean could apply to the so called left and right- I just have little tolerance for people who do not question things...or give things a good observation and thought...I have watched Obama for a while...what you see is what you get- as for guys like Romney and his type...I also see a shallow overly privileged person...

You know and I know- that YOUR last election was pretty close...only because EVERY thinking person that exists in America realized that there was no clear choice- that both candidates were duds...SO America basically flipped a coin to elect the leader...all I can say is good luck- I wish you well...Just wish that you had a system that would actually bring forth the best that you have..but your system has de-evolved into what you have now...There are ten thousand people in America who would have made better leaders than Romney and Obama. BUT because of your structure...the cream does not rise to the top.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:40 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,261,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
How was that a "knockout punch?" I said when CELEBRITIES give a political opinion, they make fun of anyone who listens... but then when a CELEBRITY makes a stupid comment, they think it represents half of the country. So how is that comment about politicians even related to what I said? Only a "knockout punch" if you can't follow a line of conversation very well.
You liberals do the same thing when you say all Republicans are racist wacko religious nuts or that Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church is the face of conservatism. So don't criticize the other side for making sweeping generalizations about liberals based on the fringe of your ideology when you yourself have been doing the same thing about conservatives for years.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:10 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,673,111 times
Default Jamie Foxx calls Obama 'Our Lord and Savior

How to get elected by using taxpayer money......... Free Cellphones, Food Stamps, and SS Disability........ Life is great for the Obamaciples.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:15 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,611,203 times
The stupidity of thinking that Jamie Foxx was being serious has already been illustrated on another thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies