Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 11:25 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,961,201 times

Advertisements

So basically this thread comes down to, " I hate Obanma, he's taken over 60 days to help anyone". When that was proven a lie it became, " I hate Obama, he's taken over 30 days to help anyone". When it was explained that this was phoenaminally fast given the circumstances, it hen became, "Obama dosen't care about White People". After that it will be......

New C&D term..."circle jerk thread".

Old 11-30-2012, 11:26 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
That term has been around a while. There is even a band named the Circle Jerks. Try again.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:32 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
That term has been around a while. There is even a band named the Circle Jerks. Try again.

Yup got that right? try freaking again!

Old 11-30-2012, 11:40 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
We should listen to the Circle Jerks..............

"Soup lines
Free loaves of bread
5lb blocks of cheese
Bags of groceries
Social security
Has run out on you and me
We do whatever we can
Gotta duck when the **** hits the fan"

Circle Jerks "When the **** Hits the Fan" - YouTube!

Old 12-01-2012, 12:23 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,825,562 times
If there is any karma many of those still suffering from Sandy were highly critical of the way George W Bush handled Katrina.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:49 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,961,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Since the obvious escaped you once again, I'll rrreeaaallll slow. I DID NOT say "circle jerk" is a new term.

I said "CIRCLE JERK THREAD" is a new term.....get it nnnoowwww????

Old 12-01-2012, 01:52 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,662,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Where were people with such "common sense" after Katrina? That was a class 3-4 hurricane, not a rain storm. Yet the media and leftists expected things to be cleaned up and back to normal in a couple weeks...when they weren't we here from idiots that "Bush hates black people".
This was more than a rain storm. You do realize that at the height of the Sandy devastation, over 8 million people were without power, right? In the Metro NY region, there is a confluence of several rivers that make up the NY Harbor estuary system, including the Raritan, Passaic, Hudson, and East Rivers. Not only were there storm surges along those rivers that catastrophically aligned with high tides, there was also a huge storm surge South of the harbor along the NJ shore. I'm not making the argument that Sandy was worse than Katrina--it obviously wasn't in terms of lives lost. But if you look at the concentration of people affected as well as the infrastructure supporting them, well, that complicates things.

To compare the two storms is to really compare apples to oranges. Katrina had devastating effects on NOLA, a medium-sized American city in terms of flooding, as well as upon the MS and AL gulf coasts in terms of wind damage and utter destruction, although those areas are much more sparsely populated than NOLA was or is. Communities in MS like Bay St. Louis, Pass Christian, Waveland, and so on, were decimated, and that was and continues to be a tragedy although the sheer number of people affected was not huge.

Superstorm Sandy, however, affected about ten million people in a very densely populated area. The logistical problems arising in the aftermath of both storms are very different, although the tragedy for the victims is similar. One is not necessarily worse than the other; there will rather be different clean-up strategies that will need to be and have been undertaken. As someone who has lived near the Gulf Coast during Katrina and on the East Coast during Sandy, I can say that it seems that the response to Sandy has been more efficient, but who cares? If you happen to be in the dark without heat, or if you were at some point up to your neck with flood waters rising, what I thought or think won't make a dime's worth of difference. If I were in either of those situations I would want the rest of the country pulling for me and doing everything they could to avoid politicizing human tragedy and hurling partisan-minded accusations at each other. I would hope that you could put aside the apples and oranges and attend to the needs of the people right in front of you.

Old 12-01-2012, 02:34 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
You Racist!

Do you mean when Liberals and Democrat call everyone who disagrees with them a racist?
What in ford's name are you talking about?
Rational argument can be discussed, irrationality just makes posters look insane.

Old 12-01-2012, 02:39 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Or is this just yet another rally to instigate hate while rubbing sore loser wounds?
Isn't pretty much every thread around here recently?
We survived Bush, they'll survive Obama.

Old 12-01-2012, 02:58 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,134,063 times
Obama could EASILY be well conquered in debate, on crucial issue priorities by human being's a full...2500 years ago... do the lefties understand...hello ...hello...are things sinking in yet..?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies