Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 11:45 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Are you really that dense that you fail to comprehend that NOBODY is sitting around waiting for the Federal government, we'd all be frozen and dead if that was the case. Of COURSE neighbors have been helping neighbors, my husband cut up our neighbor's tree that fell across their driveway, we have donated to local charities and collected food and clothing.

What IRKS everybody was Obama's promise to have everything back up and running in record time and the media fawning over his "great response". It is hypocrisy on steroids.
Maybe you should get out there and help you husband, also it has been just over 30 days, did you honestly think this would get fixed overnight. They are doing an amazing job with how much work that needs to be done.

It sounds like you just want to complain for the sake of complaining.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:47 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Obama lied and people died.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:48 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Homeowers come in a valiety fo coverage and what it inusres. The buiggest surprise after a disaster is when some find that that cheaper price they got was because its deprecaite value ;not repalcement. !/2 as stated means it likely deprercaite value coverage which si weasily determined looking at the policy.Otherwise in such storm the danage can be a mix of wind storm coverage and flood coverage needed.All have noramlly like a 2% deductable. ninsurance it important to know your coverage when consdierig what to buy and cost to cover.Also if you need special addtions for speical circumstances like collecables or high value items covered.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:51 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,742,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
If there is any karma many of those still suffering from Sandy were highly critical of the way George W Bush handled Katrina.
Ridiculous comparison.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Are you really that dense that you fail to comprehend that NOBODY is sitting around waiting for the Federal government, we'd all be frozen and dead if that was the case. Of COURSE neighbors have been helping neighbors, my husband cut up our neighbor's tree that fell across their driveway, we have donated to local charities and collected food and clothing.

What IRKS everybody was Obama's promise to have everything back up and running in record time and the media fawning over his "great response". It is hypocrisy on steroids.
Maybe not in your neighborhood. But again, Sea Bright had power and utilities back much faster despite being harder hit. The big difference was the presence of FEMA and their ability to smooth things out for the utility companies from all over the country who were then able to get in here to help out.

I that did not happen in your town, that is not FEMAs fault, they have to go to the areas hardest hit FIRST.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I don't know why he is wasting his time on city data whining when he could be out volunteering and helping his fellow neighbors pick up after the storm.
Amen. I just got back from Union Beach NJ where a bunch of my former students were helping to clean up the streets from all of the demo'ed debris.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:56 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,167,475 times
Quote:
Maybe you should get out there and help you husband, also it has been just over 30 days, did you honestly think this would get fixed overnight. They are doing an amazing job with how much work that needs to be done.

It sounds like you just want to complain for the sake of complaining.
Yeah, I'll go hire a barge and construction crew to rebuild the road into our village and get President's Obama's blessing for the Federal Government to accept ownership of the seawall . Furthermore, you have no idea if I am in a wheelchair or disabled, you ignorant rhymes with gut.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
So what you are referring to is the RED TAPE Obama promised to cut through. Why shouldn't devastated Counties be able to submit the necessary repair work PRIOR to 60 days so work can begin? Then of course we need the Army Corps of Engineers and the EPA and the DEC to all be involved when the road abuts wetlands. What about small incorporated villages serviced by County roads? Yeah, we still have HUGE piles of downed trees and branches all over the place. I thought Asplundh worked with LIPA to remove the tree debris, but I guess I was wrong. Where is an estimate for the number of trees knocked down on LI? Because I can tell you within a 5 square mile area, there are thousands down around me.
Devastated? You said in an earlier post that northern LI wasn't hit that bad. Now it is devastated.

Well, in areas that actually were devastated like Sea Bright, Union Beach, and the beach are of my own town, Manasquan. FEMA did cut the red tape and that is why power, and the utilities are on there, and those from those towns who were displaced are ALREADY IN FEMA FINANCED RENTALS.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:22 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,245,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post

Fools will believe anything...even from a confirmed, known liar.
When did the Guvna lie? How dare you!

Still mad Obama won huh? This video will cheer you up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX8tL3PMj7o

Old 12-01-2012, 12:24 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:

I didn't forget the "where's FEMA" videos, I also know New Yorkers like to think everything needs to happen yesterday, so of course there is gonna be people complaining.
Just about every celebrity with a NY/NJ residence and Fox newscasters have shared their dramas on TV. Most were able to check into hotel suites and order room service.

Was it really necessary to know that Sally Fields was inconvenienced?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies