Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should juvenile perpetrators of serious crimes be treated and charged as adults?
Yes 67 78.82%
No 13 15.29%
Other (Please explain in a post) 5 5.88%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 07:36 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,149,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
It doesn't even matter as the lady is dead. Won't make that fair no matter what you do to them.
Da is just misundastod animals. Day just need to get them dat black rage out. Maybe day needs a whoopin and send dem home to da hood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 07:38 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,149,079 times
I would vote to put a needle in thier paws. I don't think god exists but lets get them on thier way to finding out. LOL Hang em high.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:41 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,064,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
I would vote to put a needle in thier paws. I don't think god exists but lets get them on thier way to finding out. LOL Hang em high.
That would be a little too harsh.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:44 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,416,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
Da is just misundastod animals. Day just need to get them dat black rage out. Maybe day needs a whoopin and send dem home to da hood.
ou

Did you say you are a liberal?

Old 12-10-2012, 07:46 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,624,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Too bad, there's no equality in the justice system (which is run by the devil's army) and society treats boys as evil.
[/font]
shooting an innocent woman because she wouldn't give them cigarettes is pretty evil. wouldn't you say?

wtf kind of name is 'todavia' anyway?

sounds like something you'd name your trouserfruit if you wanted them to end up in jail on murder charges.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:46 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,677,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
That would be a little too harsh.
naw, my boy here, he got it all figured out. see, it's like this, he know whats good for everyone. he know what to do when it comes to us animals. though he don't believe in no God, he know whats right and wrong. he dont need to stop and think that maybe he wrong...he know for sure that he good and us black folk, we nothing but scum on this here erf...

just leave him alone.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Lots of criminals regret committing the crimes that got them in serious trouble. I don't see what the difference is... wouldn't YOU be upset if you did something stupid and got busted for it big time? There are consequences for every action and while they are juveniles, they committed an "adult" crime. I never said they deserved life in prison w/o opportunity for parole, or that they deserve the death penalty, or anything like that... but they took an innocent woman's life over something ridiculous and you want them to be given a LIGHTER sentence, as in a misdemeanor? I really don't follow that logic.

What would be an acceptable compromise? 10-12 years in prison, mandatory counseling, probation afterwards and a felony conviction that cannot be expunged? Because if we're going to "go light" on the punishment, I think that'd be a fair balance.
Are you talking to me ^^^^? I didn't say they should be given a misdemeanor sentence. Where'd you get that idea? Certainly not from me.

These kinds of cases INVOLVING CHILDREN are very complicated. There are many, many different kinds of "sentences" based on so many variables. Do you think for one minute these kids will not have psychological testing, etc.? And, as I've said a couple times on this thread, the area of the frontal lobes of the BRAIN are not fully developed (physically) until about 25 years old actually, and that's 12 years in the future for these kids. This is not about a mental or emotional illness. This is about science, and the FACT that at 13 years old, they are not yet working with a fully developed BRAIN.

You really should look at the Law in whatever state this occurred and see what the statutes are in these kinds of juvenile cases. Some kids at age 13 do not even comprehend "death".......it's like the video games they play, etc. And even before the "video game age" many kids that age still had a hard time fully comprehending what death actually means.

I'm not qualified to make the kinds of analyses and judgement calls necessary to know what would be best for the community and the juveniles in terms of punishment. I do have an opinion about trying these 13 year olds as adults. WRONG.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
shooting an innocent woman because she wouldn't give them cigarettes is pretty evil. wouldn't you say?

wtf kind of name is 'todavia' anyway?

sounds like something you'd name your trouserfruit if you wanted them to end up in jail on murder charges.
Do you know what the prefrontal cortex in the frontal lobes of the brain? Do you understand that that area of the brain is PHYSICALLY NOT EVEN CLOSE TO FULLY DEVELOPED in a 13 year old?

Sounds a bit like you may be the superstitious type, that the kids were "pretty evil"......is that sort of like that crazy old movie about the "Bad Seed"? I always thought you were smarter than this.

Maturation of the Prefrontal Cortex

"The prefrontal cortex is one of the last regions of the brain to reach maturation. This delay may help to explain why some adolescents act the way they do. The so-called “executive functions” of the human prefrontal cortex include:
  • Focusing attention
  • Organizing thoughts and problem solving
  • Foreseeing and weighing possible consequences of behavior
  • Considering the future and making predictions
  • Forming strategies and planning
  • Ability to balance short-term rewards with long term goals
  • Shifting/adjusting behavior when situations change
  • Impulse control and delaying gratification
  • Modulation of intense emotions
  • Inhibiting inappropriate behavior and initiating appropriate behavior
  • Simultaneously considering multiple streams of information when faced with complex and challenging information

This brain region gives an individual the capacity to exercise “good judgment” when presented with difficult life situations. Brain research indicating that brain development is not complete until near the age of 25, refers specifically to the development of the prefrontal cortex.3
MRI studies of the brain show that developmental processes tend to occur in the brain in a back to front pattern, explaining why the prefrontal cortex develops last.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:12 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,624,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Do you know what the prefrontal cortex in the frontal lobes of the brain? Do you understand that that area of the brain is PHYSICALLY NOT EVEN CLOSE TO FULLY DEVELOPED in a 13 year old?

Sounds a bit like you may be the superstitious type, that the kids were "pretty evil"......is that sort of like that crazy old movie about the "Bad Seed"? I always thought you were smarter than this.

"The prefrontal cortex is one of the last regions of the brain to reach maturation. This delay may help to explain why some adolescents act the way they do. The so-called “executive functions” of the human prefrontal cortex include:
  • Focusing attention
  • Simultaneously considering multiple streams of information when faced with complex and challenging information

This brain region gives an individual the capacity to exercise “good judgment” when presented with difficult life situations. Brain research indicating that brain development is not complete until near the age of 25, refers specifically to the development of the prefrontal cortex.3
MRI studies of the brain show that developmental processes tend to occur in the brain in a back to front pattern, explaining why the prefrontal cortex develops last.
poor underdeveloped infants. let's turn 'em loose, since their tiny brains can claim underdevelopment by the cat food index until age 25.

where is your criticism of the poster i was responding to who used the term 'evil' in the first place? oh, right. he gets a pass. of course.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:17 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,844,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post

• Focusing attention
These poor misguided "youts" are in pain! Put them out of their misery! F 'em! F'em, some more!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies