Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should juvenile perpetrators of serious crimes be treated and charged as adults?
Yes 67 78.82%
No 13 15.29%
Other (Please explain in a post) 5 5.88%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 10:53 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,516,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
and I'M sick..
When you openly ponder and then endorse the rape and sodomy of teenage boys, be prepared to be called sick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 10:54 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,604,533 times
Default so its OK for the BC to make Zimmerman an issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
so its OK for the BC to make Zimmerman an issue, but not ok in reverse? I call BS on your thinking

And I return the favor back to you , the different is THE WHOLE AA RACE IS CALLED ON THE CARPET BY SOME ON THIS issue of BLACK ON WHITE CRIME

Old 12-10-2012, 11:26 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,604,533 times
Default LOL Hang em high.[/quote]

Quote:
I would vote to put a needle in thier paws. I don't think god exists but lets get them on thier way to finding out. LOL Hang em high.
The SCOTUS doesn't allow you to HANG TEENAGERS HIGH here in the United States of America ( or ) send teenagers to prison with LIFE AND NO PAROLE .......only LIFE WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF PAROLE......

Old 12-11-2012, 12:48 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,309,820 times
Quote:
Sick music, no rap is not music its people who can not sing ranting about rape, murder and bitching. Let me say it in Ebonics, I ran it though an ebonics translator for you.

Blacks is responsible fo mainey of da problems they see in their own culture. They do not try ta fit inta society and then complain its da white maines fault. Grow up and act like a responsible adult and qutit wearin pants two sizes ta big. - aww yea foo.
Not long before this thread degenerated into what I expected.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:50 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,064,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
The SCOTUS doesn't allow you to HANG TEENAGERS HIGH here in the United States of America ( or ) send teenagers to prison with LIFE AND NO PAROLE .......only LIFE WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF PAROLE......
Don't you think life imprisonment is a little too harsh? These boys are real young.

At their age, they should at least be sentence to detention until they're at least 18 while they're being educated in the process.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:19 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,644,854 times
As far as I am concerned if you are old enough to do the crime you are old enough to do the time.

Even small children have a moral sense of what is wrong and right. 14 is old enough for ANYONE who is not mentally challenged to know what they are doing when they shoot someone. Also old enough to know better than to play with guns. Unless you are amoral ( ie have no sense of morality which is extremely rare) or severely mentally handicapped in such a way that you cannot comprehend the consequences of your action then you are capable of making a perfectly moral choice and rational decision at that age.

If they got the guns from adults, those should also be tried.

I have no sympathy when it comes to crime. At 14 I knew bloody well what I was doing when I was doing something wrong. We ALL have a moral compass.

I cannot believe some people are arguing that a 14 year old does not know right from wrong. I find that extraordinary and I say this as a bleeding heart liberal.

We have to stop molly coddling children and treating them like they are somehow intellectually retarted. I would probably send a 10 year old to Juvie ( and have a lot of corrective rehabilitation) but even then a 10 year kid knows what he is doing. He might be less aware of repercussions and long term consequences but still has a moral sense.

Even toddlers know when they are doing something they should not. Not advocating toddlers should go to jail by the way but I think it shows the mental process and moral acuity is already there waiting to be tempered and sharpened with life experiences.

At 14 in many countries kids can be married, they are working for a living, supporting families, even going to war .

These are not innocent little angels who made a mistake.

I do think however that perhaps we should also be trying to understand the environment which breeds such criminals at such an age. Prison is only a short term solution. Society needs to deal with the issues before they arise. Something made those kids think it was fine to take a life and not care.
That is rather frightening, whether poor parenting, or a social environment which obviously somehow nurtutred this kind of violence.

Somebody somewhere failed those kids obviously but still they are ultimately responsible for their own actions.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:26 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,149,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
That does not mean they are correct!!!

Old 12-11-2012, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Don't you think life imprisonment is a little too harsh? These boys are real young.

At their age, they should at least be sentence to detention until they're at least 18 while they're being educated in the process.
Yes its harsh, they took a life that can never be returned, it was not theirs to take. They damaged for generations family's because of this action. You are more concerned with these animals than you are with the woman that is no longer here. They do not deserve to get a second chance. Sorry I beleive in a SC if you robbed a woman of her purse and did not harm her, or if you did anyone crime where you left the victim alive and not damaged.

You are the type of person who has a bleeding heart for everyone but the victim. Especially if they are Black, somehow if your black and commit a crime of violence its everyones fault but the black kid. If a white guy shoots a black kid it always a hate crime as far as the loony left [I am liberal but the loony left is just crazy as the far right is. ] is concerned.

No if they are convicted they need to be thrown away or at least kept in prison until they can not run to catch a 60 yo lady. They can do penance from jail. If they are kept in prison only till 21 I hope this follows them so they never get a job outside of cleaning toilets at the local McDonald's and end up Oding on heroin. It would be poetic justice to let them rot in life. Maybe some other thug in the hood will do a service inadvertently and cap them in the back of the head. LOL.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:36 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,661,696 times
It seems like very few people actually read the articles.

The 13 - year -old ran as soon as the gun came out. I think he should be tried as a juvenile.

I think the 14 - year - old shooter should be tried as an adult, but some consideration in sentencing given for the fact that he is young. I don't think a life sentence without parole is appropriate, but something like 30 years with the possibility of parole.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
As far as I am concerned if you are old enough to do the crime you are old enough to do the time.

Even small children have a moral sense of what is wrong and right. 14 is old enough for ANYONE who is not mentally challenged to know what they are doing when they shoot someone. Also old enough to know better than to play with guns. Unless you are amoral ( ie have no sense of morality which is extremely rare) or severely mentally handicapped in such a way that you cannot comprehend the consequences of your action then you are capable of making a perfectly moral choice and rational decision at that age.

If they got the guns from adults, those should also be tried.

I have no sympathy when it comes to crime. At 14 I knew bloody well what I was doing when I was doing something wrong. We ALL have a moral compass.

I cannot believe some people are arguing that a 14 year old does not know right from wrong. I find that extraordinary and I say this as a bleeding heart liberal.

We have to stop molly coddling children and treating them like they are somehow intellectually retarted. I would probably send a 10 year old to Juvie ( and have a lot of corrective rehabilitation) but even then a 10 year kid knows what he is doing. He might be less aware of repercussions and long term consequences but still has a moral sense.

Even toddlers know when they are doing something they should not. Not advocating toddlers should go to jail by the way but I think it shows the mental process and moral acuity is already there waiting to be tempered and sharpened with life experiences.

At 14 in many countries kids can be married, they are working for a living, supporting families, even going to war .

These are not innocent little angels who made a mistake.

I do think however that perhaps we should also be trying to understand the environment which breeds such criminals at such an age. Prison is only a short term solution. Society needs to deal with the issues before they arise. Something made those kids think it was fine to take a life and not care.
That is rather frightening, whether poor parenting, or a social environment which obviously somehow nurtutred this kind of violence.

Somebody somewhere failed those kids obviously but still they are ultimately responsible for their own actions.
Sometimes kids or people are just bad. I don't automatically think that the mother or father is by default bad. Maybe its the case, but maybe its the case that these are just punks that are something society needs to scrape off its shoes. Dog crap that needs to go in the dumpster. Why is it that the loony left wants to believe that its anyones fault but the animal who did the crime? Non of these idiots would take them into their home, wait some would they are that crazy. I know some would put a rapist in bed with their daughter they are that stupid. I learned a long time ago live trapping animals that were a nuisance and moving them that a coon looks so docile and cute, but wait till your hand moved to the handle of the cage and that coon becomes the Tasmanian devil. You can only put a bullet in its head and off to the dumpster with it. Sorry but these animals deserve no better than that coon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies