Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2012, 09:52 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
And how many of these homosexuals remain celibate or "straight" after 10+ years? Have they done any follow-ups on that? Other NON-CATHOLIC (even some Catholic) sources actually have studied this long-term, and conclude that most if not all of these experiments fail. Miserably. Didn't one of the leading "conversion therapy" experts even admit he was wrong? Yup, he did: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/19/he...anted=all&_r=0

Can you read this study too, or are you "afraid to hear the truth?" Note how I'm using actual sources, as opposed to some Catholic blog: http://drdoughaldeman.com/doc/ScientificExamination.pdf

I really don't know about stats. Conversion therapy is not the topic of this thread. So what if it doesn't work, many gays are trying not to live that lifestyle and Courage is helping them. Many gays do not want to be gay but they get a lot of push back from other gays now since it's not PC not to want to be gay and celebrate it now. Those men need a community to support them to remain celibate and Courage helps them with that.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Repost, please, for I surely didn't see the original.
You will find them on the first page of this thread.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Oh c'mon! What a cop out!

The topic isn't god....so get back on topic and try, try in your own words to say what horrors are awaiting the world if two humans get married......
Proof you didn't open the links, if you did you would have read how gay marriage threatens your religious liberty.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:57 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I really don't know about stats. Conversion therapy is not the topic of this thread. So what if it doesn't work, many gays are trying not to live that lifestyle and Courage is helping them. Many gays do not want to be gay but they get a lot of push back from other gays now since it's not PC not to want to be gay and celebrate it now. Those men need a community to support them to remain celibate and Courage helps them with that.
So why did you mention it on page one?

You cannot choose to "not be gay," any more than you can choose TO be gay... if they find some comfort in this group, yay for them, but don't fool yourself into thinking it actually accomplishes anything. Matter of fact (as you'd know if you had read my links), it has been proven to HARM those who attempt this conversion. So in response to your "so what?" question, I do care when people are being duped into potentially harmful/fatal activities. I won't actively try to stop them, but I will speak out against this nonsense.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:58 PM

488 posts, read 412,830 times
Quote:
I don't know what those groups have to say, I don't read their sites. I am posting a link/links from a Catholic site.
Then you have nothing to add but a biased view doggedly ingrained and of little use to actual debate. You haven't even contemplated the argument but merely accepted some opinion you accept as true and staunchly meander about it with cavils and shady maneuvers.

How do you compare and come to a conclusion? Faith is not enough, emotions are not enough. You must integrate both of these with facts and/or experiences and hence defend your position.

A cockatiel can do what you're doing.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Why can't YOU, in your own words, tell me how gay marriage will affect society???? Didn't you read the link???
HAHAHAHAHA you want me to do your homework. Nope, you won't suck me into that. HAHAHAHAHA

Old 12-13-2012, 10:01 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
I certainly do not post as much as others do on this topic. The topic was discussed on the radio last night and I thought some on here would like to be informed on what was said. From those who work with same sex attraction people and the people who were asking questions about it from concerns for people in their family or even themselves on same sex attractions. But i see if anyone posts anything that does not agree with the gay agenda they are stereotyped as anti gay.

A person can disagree with someone without being against them.
You aren't just 'disagreeing'. You are presenting blatant proven misinformation.

Why?

Old 12-13-2012, 10:01 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
HAHAHAHAHA you want me to do your homework. Nope, you won't suck me into that. HAHAHAHAHA
This is a waste of time. You're essentially trolling.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEternalSanctuaryMan View Post
Then you have nothing to add but a biased view doggedly ingrained and of little use to actual debate. You haven't even contemplated the argument but merely accepted some opinion you accept as true and staunchly meander about it with cavils and shady maneuvers.

How do you compare and come to a conclusion? Faith is not enough, emotions are not enough. You must integrate both of these with facts and/or experiences and hence defend your position.

A cockatiel can do what you're doing.
UGGGGG I agree with the links. It is not based on faith alone. It posts examples of how gay marriage is affecting society detrimentally.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
This is a waste of time. You're essentially trolling.
I am effectually being driven to distraction by trolls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies