Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2012, 04:17 PM

753 posts, read 728,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
It's all about demographics. Every 70- or 80-something that dies, statistically speaking, is about 70% likely to oppose SSM. Every new 18 year old voter that replaces the deceased on the voter rolls is about 70% (and rising) likely to be in favor of it.

Game, Set, Match, it's over.
They'll claim that as people age, they will come around. But all the polls -- including the ballot booth -- show otherwise.

There's a reason most Republican politicians don't want to talk about it. They know it's no longer the useful wedge issue that it once was, and it's about to start actually hurting them as their position becomes part of a smaller and smaller minority stance.

But as for the peanut gallery, we're talking about a crowd that has finely honed its ability to ignore reality!

Old 12-14-2012, 04:20 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
That makes you part of the 30% in your demographic.

So don't die!!
I have no intention of dying thank you very much!

I intend to stay alive forever fighting injustice and hate mongering.....

Old 12-14-2012, 04:40 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
AAAhhhhh , I am really really old and do not oppose gay marriage.....
Me, too. lol

Old 12-14-2012, 04:45 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
From the video, which I actually watched.

"One of the goals is to convert straight America." Bwhahahahaha, it doesn't work that way! And homosexuals, more than anyone, know that. It's laughable, it's contemptable, it's vile, it's disgusting, it's evil, and it's hateful, and so is any person who agrees with such claptrap.

Keep it up haters, what you don't seem to know is the gig is up, it's over, it's just a matter of time.

50 years from now society will look back on you the way we now look back on supporters of slavery.
It should be no the surprise that the same Bible said it was OK to keep slaves.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:02 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Interesting point. So, something about being Gay exempts the occurance pedophilia. I get that being Gay is a natural and normal occurance in xx percent of the population but the typical argument here and elsewhere is the Gay population is above the Hetero population in all areas. Gays and Lesbians are also exempt from being Racist, Sexist, Abusive, Bipolar, mental disorders that affect most other groups.
Does the urge to misrepresent other people words, create irrational strawman arguments and exaggerate into the realm of the ridiculous come over you very often?

The research from the past 60 years shows that heterosexual men are far more likely to sexually abuse children than are homosexual men.

Does this actually surprise you?

Old 12-14-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
What is your basis for making this claim?
Ridiculous strawman statements are often used to deceitfully deflect attention away from the facts.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Oh god, roysoldboy has gathered a convert. How about you present an example of gay marriage impacting your marriage? Seriously, you're opening a thread titled "Gay marriage and how it impacts society", yet you're not willing to come up with one pesky example in your own words?
That's the problem with people who act like blind sheep. You ask them to think for themselves and all they can do is bleat.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantin23 View Post
Legalized gay marriage affects society by raising the amount of happily married couples and raising tolerance for other people who have done nothing to harm you.
There are a few studies that show being in a happy marriage is good for your health as well.

So more productive healthy people and less health care costs is another way SSM will affect society.

I'm seeing quite a few positive effects of SSM on society, but no one has come up with any legitimate negative effects (and yes, I watched/listened to the OP's silly links).

Old 12-14-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Here, raising hand. Back to topic, Gay marriage and how it affects society.

Same-sex wife of Army officer banned from joining Fort Bragg spouses club - U.S. News
So how does highlighting the discriminatory consequences of DOMA for same-sex married couples, support your view that SSM has negative effects on society?

Old 12-14-2012, 05:46 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
It's all about demographics. Every 70- or 80-something that dies, statistically speaking, is about 70% likely to oppose SSM. Every new 18 year old voter that replaces the deceased on the voter rolls is about 70% (and rising) likely to be in favor of it.

Game, Set, Match, it's over.
The outcome is predictable, but how long before it's over. Is it one of those quickie 6-0,6-0, 6-0 matches from here on or a 5-setter with tiebreakers, rain delays, seeming to go on forever. I'm still believing state-by-state votes will stall and it'll take a supreme court decision to end it nationally. Though so much better than it was, far from over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies