Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2012, 11:38 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
Ha!!! Out of all the absolute MADNESS in this thread comes a voice of REASON

"They" aren't interested....
No one is interested in what you say regarding what took place today. Why is the NRA even mentioned...why are guns even mentioned..Evil and Stupidity and Rage...should be mentioned-- Evil is more lethal than a bullet - the magazine of evil holds a billion rounds...We should address EVIL and not talk about "mental illness" or medications...or therapy. Some things are just plain evil and evil can enter and reside in a human being...how do we de-weaponize evil...That's what I want to know....I don't want to hear about gun control...I want to hear about evil control and how to deal with it- how to disarm it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

9,827 posts, read 6,939,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad58 View Post
All facts and stats back me up. More people are accidently shot, or accidently shoot someone else, then ever use their gun to lawfully stop a crime. LOTS MORE
Let's look at the statistics in one of the strictest gun law cities in the country... Chicago.. It is a virtual killing field.

1,020 posts, read 2,755,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad58 View Post

So, I'll turn the question around to you. Would you accept gun control laws if it meant an 86% reduction in murder?
No. We live in a free society, and we have to accept the fact that free societies are much less safe than police states. It's very sad when tragedies such as the one today occur, but that doesn't mean we hand in our human rights and ask father government to protect us from ourselves. Our sacrifice for freedom didn't stop when we won the battle at Yorktown. All of us have to be brave enough to go out into the world everyday and realize that we continue to pay the price for freedom. We can stand up, like men, and bravely go about our business, or we can succumb to fear and selfishness and trade in our liberty for a little more safety. In the year 1759, 17 years before our nation was even founded, Benjamin Franklin said, "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Old 12-14-2012, 11:39 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,215,943 times
Imagine how much safer everyone would have been had the shooter not had a gun in the first place.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:39 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post

I don't think I will ever have faith in humanity again.
I'm tempted to troll all their FB pages to tell them what idiots they are. But then I'd be like them...only much more intelligent.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:40 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,439,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
Imagine how much safer everyone would have been had the shooter not had a gun in the first place.
True, but the 'Right to Bear Arms' must never be subverted in any way.

1,515 posts, read 1,226,123 times
Some retarded people said the same thing about arming pilots after 9/11. Fortunately the unretarded won!

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I'd rate anybody that thinks arming teachers in public schools would be a good way to lessen gun violence, as mildly retarded.

13,186 posts, read 14,984,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Why is that? You read in papers or online all the time of 75 and 80 year old elderly people blasting away armed home intruders trying to assault them. I would bet that if one of these younger teachers had a gun that they could have had a strong chance at stopping this guy.
For the same reason you don't arm prison guards. You don't introduce weapons in schools were kids can get at them. For every mass shooting your theoretical armed teacher stopped. 100 would be killed in accidental shootings or spur of the moment fights involving kids.

2,608 posts, read 2,098,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
No one is interested in what you say regarding what took place today. Why is the NRA even mentioned...why are guns even mentioned..Evil and Stupidity and Rage...should be mentioned-- Evil is more lethal than a bullet - the magazine of evil holds a billion rounds...We should address EVIL and not talk about "mental illness" or medications...or therapy. Some things are just plain evil and evil can enter and reside in a human being...how do we de-weaponize evil...That's what I want to know....I don't want to hear about gun control...I want to hear about evil control and how to deal with it- how to disarm it!
Well historically it's been faith in GOD...

Old 12-14-2012, 11:41 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,590,972 times
Default California

In California we have either one or two sworn law enforcement officers on each and every High School and Middle School Campus and officers that monitor but aren't assigned to every Elementary School.....Arm non Law Enforcement I don't Think So....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies