Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2012, 04:24 PM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
What stats do you have on how many women died by self afflicted abortions
death from a self inflicted abortion or back alley abortions were not reported as such so there is no accurate number or way to say for sure. however I do know it happened as it happened in my own family. if abortion is made illegal it will happen again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 04:26 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,229,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
death from a self inflicted abortion or back alley abortions were not reported as such so there is no accurate number or way to say for sure. however I do know it happened as it happened in my own family. if abortion is made illegal it will happen again.
so there was one .

Old 12-25-2012, 04:28 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

causation and correlation do not go hand and hand all the time.

a more reputable reasoning would be the spike in availability of drugs, guns, etc....

and abortion should be a tool of last resort, not one to control population. How about we try teaching first just to see if it works
Oh, another who has no knowledge of world history....abortion has been around since about the first unwanted pregnancy...it won't go away, it has been here forever. Nature even does it.

Educationg SOME people will help, it will NOT stop people from having sex or abortions.

Old 12-25-2012, 04:31 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Doesn't make sense, does it?

At 18 you can decide to enlist in the service......make a decision that could cause severe, permanent disability, even death...........but you can't make the decision to get sterilized.
Doctors are STILL playing god??? Sheesh, you'd think they'd be past that.

However, if someone really wants to be sterilized they should just doctor shop....all doctors aren't stupid.

Old 12-25-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
here is some information I found on abortions pre roe versus wade its interesting reading and does not agree with you claim

The Truth About “Back Alley” Abortions | After Abortion

Old 12-25-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Oh, another who has no knowledge of world history....abortion has been around since about the first unwanted pregnancy...it won't go away, it has been here forever. Nature even does it.

Educationg SOME people will help, it will NOT stop people from having sex or abortions.
so nature injects women with saline solution and sucks the baby out of her body. what in nature does that

Old 12-25-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
so there was one .

seriously multiply one by the number of cities and towns, then the states in the union, the mulitiply years and years when abortion was illegal and you will have a better idea. your head in in the sand if you think there was only one.

Old 12-25-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
seriously multiply one by the number of cities and towns, then the states in the union, the mulitiply years and years when abortion was illegal and you will have a better idea. your head in in the sand if you think there was only one.
I found a site with a search with facts not conjucture

Old 12-25-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
here is some information I found on abortions pre roe versus wade its interesting reading and does not agree with you claim

like I said there are no real stats available. and you need to look at more than one boased site. here is an article from a doctor
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/03/he...ws/03essa.html

Old 12-25-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
like I said there are no real stats available. and you need to look at more than one boased site. here is an article from a doctor
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/03/he...ws/03essa.html
very concerning article but it really did more to support the myths in the article I gave
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies