Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2012, 05:00 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,014,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
very concerning article but it really did more to support the myths in the article I gave

not sure I agree. your article states between 6 and 20% of women would seek out an illegal abortion is they had to. that right there tells you a need for safe legal abortions. the article also said that illegal abortion deaths are marginally different than deaths from legal abortions. I doubt that, legal abortions are preformed by doctors in clean and sterile surroundings. that wasn't always the case when abortion was illegal.

one, one thousand or ten thousand lives at stake, what ever the number no woman should have to go underground to get an abortion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 05:03 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
not sure I agree. your article states between 6 and 20% of women would seek out an illegal abortion is they had to. that right there tells you a need for safe legal abortions. the article also said that illegal abortion deaths are marginally different than deaths from legal abortions. I doubt that, legal abortions are preformed by doctors in clean and sterile surroundings. that wasn't always the case when abortion was illegal.

one, one thousand or ten thousand lives at stake, what ever the number no woman should have to go underground to get an abortion
But it is clear in the article I posted that death rates from illegal abortions were no higher than legal. You understand woman do die from legal abortions and can effect them mentally forever. Do these abortion clinics offer free counseling after abortions?

Old 12-25-2012, 05:17 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,041,142 times
Quote:
But it is clear in the article I posted that death rates from illegal abortions were no higher than legal. You understand woman do die from legal abortions and can effect them mentally forever. Do these abortion clinics offer free counseling after abortions?
And being forced to go through an unwanted pregnancy and birth won't effect them mentally forever?

How about putting it up for adoption?

Do these women get free counseling afterward?

Old 12-25-2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:

I would disagree with you that the article is "clear" I think it has inaccuracies and is biased.

with any surgery there is a risk of death. there are over a million abortions preformed every year. in 2008 from what I found, there were 12 deaths.

there are women who mentally have a difficult time after an abortion but more woman have no problem at all.

abortion clinics talk to their clients through out the process. does a woman who has a hysterectomy and depressed afterwards she will never have children again, go to the doctor that preforms it for counseling?

Old 12-25-2012, 05:26 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,530,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
And being forced to go through an unwanted pregnancy and birth won't effect them mentally forever?

Riddle me this? Why would they need counseling for letting the baby live when they don't for murdering it? Why is letting it live worse than killing it?

Old 12-25-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Riddle me this? Why would they need counseling for letting the baby live when they don't for murdering it? Why is letting it live worse than killing it?
many women who give their child up for adoption feel guilty about it their whole life.

Old 12-25-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

thanks for asking annie . I work with an adoption agency that does just that. counseling before and as long after as they need.
This was why I inquire at these abortion clinics do they offer counseling for these woman? I can not tell on planned parent hood site if they do or do not offer counseling

Old 12-25-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
many women who give their child up for adoption feel guilty about it their whole life.
yes they can and that is why counseling is a must for adoption

Old 12-25-2012, 05:37 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,041,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Novel thought......let the woman decide which option will be less traumatizing for HER.....not YOU.

Not being allowed to make your own choice is traumatizing in itself.

How about the next time you are faced with a life altering decision, I get to make that decison for you?

Old 12-25-2012, 05:39 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,530,712 times
Quote:
But they wouldn't feel guilty about killing the baby? I find that puzzling. A live baby is a lot less to feel guilty about than a dead one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies