Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2012, 08:28 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,134,437 times

Advertisements

this all seems very strange

Last edited by stargazzer; 12-19-2012 at 08:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Who cares what some anti-gay religious nuts think. They should mind their own business.
I'm going to have to try figure this disgrace out and BTW...anyone who is straight by their own manner of behavior are opposite or self opposed, self against homosexuality, otherwise they would be in self agreement with homosexuality and be homosexual.

anti-
a prefix meaning “against,” “opposite of,” “antiparticle of,” used in the formation of compound words ( anticline ); used freely in combination with elements of any origin ( antibody; antifreeze; antiknock; antilepton ).

Old 12-19-2012, 08:48 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
I'm going to have to try figure this disgrace out and BTW...anyone who is straight by their own manner of behavior are opposite or self opposed to homosexuality.

anti-
a prefix meaning “against,” “opposite of,” “antiparticle of,” used in the formation of compound words ( anticline ); used freely in combination with elements of any origin ( antibody; antifreeze; antiknock; antilepton ).
You don't need to figure anything out, as it's really none of your business (or the business of anyone else here) what people do in their own homes. What are you hoping to accomplish by "investigating" the situation?

Oh, and being straight doesn't mean you're AGAINST homosexuality, it only means that isn't your personal inclination. Am I anti-Christian just because I'm Jewish, or anti-brunette because I'm a redhead? Hardly, but good attempt. Opposite is the more accurate definition, and in case you didn't realize this, the laws of language do not require defining a word by all its definitions. For example, the word gay can mean both happy and/or homosexual - does that mean anyone who says "I'm gay today" is declaring themselves as both of these definitions? Perhaps they are happy AND homosexual, but they could also be only one or the other.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:53 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,776,811 times
The right-wing is now in a permanent state of being offended. They've become professional victims.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:56 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,262,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Who cares? If it bothers you, don't log on to their facebook page.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:16 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. (ESV)

May God have mercy on your soul!!!
It would nice if you people would learn from your mistakes the countless times we correct them. That verse did not say homosexuality for the first 1900 years of Christianity. It was added in 1946. For hundreds of years, that same word said "masturbators".

Try actually using your brain for a change.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:21 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
That must have been a painful delivery without a vagina given they couldn't do C-sections back then.

And, biologically, virgin birth is possible. The miracle here is that Christ was male. Progenesis (if I have the right term) would result in female offspring that was genetically the sister of the mother. Somehow, Mary must have carried male genes. Progenesis would be rare all by itself but with a chimera who had both female and male genes....we're in serious miracle territory here...

Sorry, don't buy the birth without a vagina though. The baby needs a way out.
No man or sex needed!

We can create babies without men, claim scientists | Mail Online

Old 12-19-2012, 09:44 PM

Ok so this is appropriate for the forum category because it is controversial. The location is firmly rooted in Catholicism with the vast majority having been schooled in the basic teachings. Out in the harbor there is a Statue of the BVM guiding crafts in bad weather and so on, also serving I would imagine in a formal welcome to the community.

Two gay men set up the Nativity scene without the BVM in an effort to call attention to the gov in order to effect gay marriage reform in the country.

I don't get it...what are people who may only be non practicing Catholics but baptized and not outwardly against the essence of Christianity supposed to do..? We know practicing Catholics will denounce the set up as either non Christian or a mockery, but what is the expectation from anyone supposed to be..? Wheres the incentive for the gov to join the dots on something so empty and without..? How is anyone supposed to draw any understanding of the idea?

If they included the BVM trying to express an active interior life alongside the understandings of Christianity, you could say oh, they are trying to say we are very spiritual and good people. But they don't , they mock the Birth of the Baby Jesus leaving a model of the Son of God without his very Mother at birth, depriving a child of his mother.

I don't know how any sane person could depict such a thing with any comprehension at all...why would these guys do something so against any infant in an idea, where without the Love of the Mother, a new baby can barely survive.

I donno....very confusing no doubt about that.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:03 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
It's a statue, stargazzer - you know, with plastic dolls? You're way over-analyzing this! When you see Santa & his sleigh decorating somebody's lawn, do you stop and wonder "how can a reindeer fly, and how does Santa deliver gifts around the world in one night?"

Old 12-19-2012, 11:56 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Homosexuality is natural. Religion isn't.

Which one is the real perversion?
I like to call the whackaloon religious ferverts.
Seems somewhat appropriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies