Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 02:55 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times

Advertisements

I support armed security at schools. Every school. I don't support arming teachers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 02:55 PM

45,416 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Default The difference between armed teachers and air Marshalls?

Teachers are better shots.

Personally, as a teacher (and NRA Life Member) I really wouldn't want to see this. For a multitude of reasons ranging from the chance a student would take away the gun to the fact that I have very little faith in the intelligence of many of my colleagues.

My system does have an unarmed Security Counselor apparatus with several members in each high school in addition to an armed County Police officer (a continuation of a Clinton Administration program).

Old 12-19-2012, 02:56 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,707,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Air Marshalls don't have to teach children, they are trained Police Officers
So, you're telling me Air Marshalls aren't teaching children about present-participles while at a cruising altitude of 30,000ft? What a waste of time and space.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:56 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,900,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Most teachers I know are young women with a liberal arts degree. They are not likely candidates for trained shooters. They already have the roles of teacher, counselor, listener, mother/father, and part time psychologist. They have enough to do already.

And how friggin' stupid can the gun nuts get? Arming teachers is their solution? This is how we are going to address the issue? Parents are to worry everyday when the kids go to class that some gun nut is going to kill their children and the only defense they have will be a young kid just out of college with a gun? Is this the America we want, where everyone is living in fear of being shot at the mall, at school, going to the post office and having their fate in the hands of some wanna be hero with a concealed weapon? This is insane, people. We need to deal with the real problem which is way, way too many guns in our society.
Then GET teachers who can SERVE as BOTH and PAY them accordingly. Is it that hard to grasp? Or we can just make more gun free zones. Or we maybe we could ban assault weapons so then we could reduce school shooting death counts from 20 to 10 since attackers would be using shot guns now: but at least liberals would feel good about themselves for doing something.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:57 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,212,292 times
Internet image search has this as the teacher of the year, no offense, but I think most men could probably disarm this woman

Old 12-19-2012, 02:59 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
The teachers were like, "Osama, where is your homework assignment?".....Bin Laden was like, "my pet camel ate it!".....the teachers then said, "wrong answer, bucko!".....KaPow!
Haha, nice, I wish I could rep you for this one.

2,404 posts, read 6,580,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
How many incidents did they have before 2006?
The answer to the problem is really simple ! liked so many areas today things have to change , in the area of schools there needs to be a cop ( security) in every school. Business do it , banks do it to protect their valuables and now if we value our children they are need there , not just at football games

1,487 posts, read 1,707,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Internet image search has this as the teacher of the year, no offense, but I think most men could probably disarm this woman
She's thinking, "Go ahead, punk! Make my day"

Old 12-19-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Then GET teachers who can SERVE as BOTH and PAY them accordingly. Is it that hard to grasp? Or we can just make more gun free zones. Or we maybe we could ban assault weapons so then we could reduce school shooting death counts from 20 to 10 since attackers would be using shot guns now: but at least liberals would feel good about themselves for doing something.
So you want us to replace teachers with trained police officers? Not buying into your logic on this one, should we pay them as much as an officer and teacher combined too?

Old 12-19-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
The answer to the problem is really simple ! liked so many areas today things have to change , in the area of schools there needs to be a cop ( security) in every school. Business do it , banks do it to protect their valuables and now if we value our children they are need there , not just at football games
They often times do this with universities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies