Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 08:32 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,881,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
1st amendment gives him the right to tell anyone pretty much anything. Don't like it, too bad.

He's right, this nation is full of paranoid fools, and many of them have guns and these paranoid fools are best to put their guns away before they hurt themselves or someone else.
There are paranoid fools and there are ignorant, commercialized Americans who are content to mold themselves into the pathetic, dependent, unproductive and naive people that we are today.

I agree, an armed, illogically paranoid person is a dangerous person, but no more dangerous than a faction of people who truly think that disarming the civilian world is for the greater good.

History proves that an unprepared, unarmed public is a vulnerable public. You can choose to be whichever you want, but please, understand with all your liberal tolerance, not all of us will choose to think like you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 08:39 PM

And let me clarify one thing, the world would be a much better place if we, as a species, were at a point in our intellectual evolution where we could trust and depend on our leaders to maintain an un-oppressive, just, civil and sustainable society without the need for checks and balances such as arming civilians, but that isn't our reality.

We are a country who dictates our foreign policy by military strength, so what's stopping domestic policy from following the same path? Nothing.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:47 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,913,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
We are a country who dictates our foreign policy by military strength, so what's stopping domestic policy from following the same path? Nothing.
Precisely.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:18 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,293,968 times
Quote:
There are paranoid fools and there are ignorant, commercialized Americans who are content to mold themselves into the pathetic, dependent, unproductive and naive people that we are today.

I agree, an armed, illogically paranoid person is a dangerous person, but no more dangerous than a faction of people who truly think that disarming the civilian world is for the greater good.

History proves that an unprepared, unarmed public is a vulnerable public. You can choose to be whichever you want, but please, understand with all your liberal tolerance, not all of us will choose to think like you.
When did Moore suggest that we should disarm the civilian world???

Naive are the fools who believe Breitfart, the Blaze, or the hustlers on talk radio. Forgive me for not buying into the world is going to end crap.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
When did Moore suggest that we should disarm the civilian world???

Naive are the fools who believe Breitfart, the Blaze, or the hustlers on talk radio. Forgive me for not buying into the world is going to end crap.
I was mostly alluding to your general undertone in this forum. I wasn't responding to Moore, I was responding to you.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:37 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
The reasons a lot of Americans have guns is because 1) they can and 2) they like them. The whole self-defense thing is just an excuse.

The hell it is. When you have two family members murdered in the privacy of their own gosh dang home, i think i have a right to defend my family and my home.

One murdered as she got up to go to the bathroom, shot at point blank range in the head, but no fudgin way was that enough for this manaic. He had to tear her body apart, limb by limb, so don't you dare or anyone else tell me i have no right, yes i gosh dang do. He did other things also, and that left me very numb, and hating people and humans for a very long long time.

One was stabbed to death, having coffee at his table, over and over and over again.

And i have had homes broken into, with everything i own, and personal belongings, thrown everywhere, taken out and just broken. Coins given to us by my husbands grandmother, were stolen, jewelry that my Mom had given me, mementos that can't ever be replaced, things of realitives who have passed.

I have never ever felt so violated. I have a right to protect my property, home, myself and my loved ones. Know how to shoot, and will shoot, if you break into my home, and i do know how to shoot well.

Don't you dare tell me this is a copeout, many fine people who own guns, do so for this very reason.

It is not about being paranoid, you freaking fools, it is about being protected, should someone break into your home. Every 3 secs there is a burglalry being committed. These days, most fools know that these idiots will kill you for $10.00 should one of my MURDERED FAMILY MEMBERS had a gun, maybe the outlook would be different for them! I bought a gun, learned how to shoot, and shoot dang well, went to school to learn. Got a permit learn the safety of the gun and how to clean it properly. When you have realitives who were murdered, you tend to see things a bit differently then others.

Last edited by california-jewel; 12-29-2012 at 12:47 AM..

Old 12-29-2012, 01:01 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,603,034 times
It doesn't take much for Moore to rile up you right wing nuts. Still pissed he showed Bush's true colors?

Old 12-29-2012, 01:11 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,293,968 times
Quote:
I was mostly alluding to your general undertone in this forum. I wasn't responding to Moore, I was responding to you.
I've stated multiple times that I support 2nd amendment rights, only an idiot would deduce otherwise, but in right wing world any type of gun regulation = banning of guns.

OOh, Obama is coming to git yer gunz, hide em !!! He's a Muslim.

Moore was right, these paranoid teabagging fools have no business wielding a gun.

Old 12-29-2012, 01:13 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,121,492 times
Quote:
And let me clarify one thing, the world would be a much better place if we, as a species, were at a point in our intellectual evolution where we could trust and depend on our leaders to maintain an un-oppressive, just, civil and sustainable society without the need for checks and balances such as arming civilians, but that isn't our reality.

Exactly, who are these fools who think they can stand up to our military.... but wait they make be chance you can defeat the strongest military in modern history.....

Old 12-29-2012, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
It doesn't take much for Moore to rile up you right wing nuts. Still pissed he showed Bush's true colors?
Just disappointed with him. We could have been energy independent years ago if only he would have collected the bacon grease from his chin regularly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies