Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 03:54 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think that the sooner he gets that ticket the better off CNN will be. I wonder if they will buy one for him, after this whole thing cools down.

Why do I think he needs to go home? Well he grew up in that land that has no written constitution as we do here. They have all kinds of written papers that they consider their Constitution but nothing that is anything like ours is. In fact they have all those things that eventually led to our writing of one.

Poor Piers is making CNN the laughing stock of 24/7 tv and will destroy them totally if allowed to continue. When he goes I hope he takes Alan Dershowitz with him. Surely Dershowitz could work as a barrister there as well as here.

Here they are both howling at the moon about the US and its gun laws and being taken down by two very pretty young women.
So just WHERE in our Constitution is it stated that freedom of speech is only granted to US citizens in the US?

Or is just that one of your fantasies is people should only be given the freedom to say what you want to hear?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2012, 06:58 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,772,227 times
Quote:
I think that the sooner he gets that ticket the better off CNN will be. I wonder if they will buy one for him, after this whole thing cools down.

Why do I think he needs to go home? Well he grew up in that land that has no written constitution as we do here. They have all kinds of written papers that they consider their Constitution but nothing that is anything like ours is. In fact they have all those things that eventually led to our writing of one.

Poor Piers is making CNN the laughing stock of 24/7 tv and will destroy them totally if allowed to continue. When he goes I hope he takes Alan Dershowitz with him. Surely Dershowitz could work as a barrister there as well as here.

Here they are both howling at the moon about the US and its gun laws and being taken down by two very pretty young women.

Piers Morgan Lambasted On Twitter By Carol Roth Re - Gun Control She Comes On Show And Battle Ensues - YouTube
Tere is a online petition to send him home to the UK where they don't want him by the way...

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...HD#thank-you=p

Just a few more signatures needed..

Old 12-23-2012, 07:03 AM

469 posts, read 913,772 times
I dont like him or that other looser on MSNBC. Martin Butsmear, nothing like a leftist british transplant trashing America.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:07 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,388,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Tere is a online petition to send him home to the UK where they don't want him by the way...

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...HD#thank-you=p

Just a few more signatures needed..
Was just about to post it. I signed it yesterday.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...dment/prfh5zHD

Old 12-23-2012, 07:12 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
What we have here is one more neo-con who doesn't like the message so he wants censorship. It's all over this board in the last week. Morgan speaks out against guns and all the pro-gun LaPierre sheep want him to go away.

Wow, Roy. Whatever happened to the First Amendment? Because according to you and LaPierre and the other LaPierre sheep there is no First Amendment. The Bill of Rights just skips right to the second. Ummmmm...... Nope!!

Cope. Pull up the big boy pants and deal with it.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:21 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I am not. if he has something to say, let him say it in his own country. i do not mind people speaking out on an issue, but I do have a problem with ANY foreigner trying to influence any political issue here in the USA when they dont even live here.

if those foreigners dont like that stance, then leave and dont come back. here they are guests of our country, dont act like a jerk just because you think you can.
What a xenophobic view.

As for the OP, I continue to be fascinated by the defensiveness illustrated by feelings such as this from the "my way or the highway" crowd.
I think Mr. Morgan really hit a nerve.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:29 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
What we have here is one more neo-con who doesn't like the message so he wants censorship. It's all over this board in the last week. Morgan speaks out against guns and all the pro-gun LaPierre sheep want him to go away.

Wow, Roy. Whatever happened to the First Amendment? Because according to you and LaPierre and the other LaPierre sheep there is no First Amendment. The Bill of Rights just skips right to the second. Ummmmm...... Nope!!

Cope. Pull up the big boy pants and deal with it.
Yep. The same people who defended that instigator's right to make that disgusting anti-Islam movie want to deprive Mr. Morgan of his right to express his opinion because they don't like the message.

I wonder if they've seen the headlines following the NRA loon's speech on the NY Post and NY Daily News, those bastions of conservative thought?
The tide is turning.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:01 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
I haven't given Piersy any credibility since he sneered at Paul Potts before Paul opened his mouth and sang. Little Weinie Piersey showed his true colors when he did that. Even Simon had the decency to not give disdainful smirks based on the man's appearance.

24 seconds:

Paul Potts sings Nessun Dorma - YouTube

Old 12-23-2012, 09:12 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:

Perhaps you just need a more fully featured TV, one that allows you to change channels and/or turn off shows you don't like.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:31 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Ah, poor baby. Piers Morgan doesn't back down from the like of Ted Nugent and Wayne LaPierre so you don't like him. I'm sure his feelings are hurt over that.
Morgan doesn't know the difference between automatic and semi-automatic and he surely doesn't know the difference between a .223 shell and a 9 mm one. Morgan is so dumb that he doesn't know that it is our written constitution that holds back the kind of gun control that they put in in the UK some years ago. He thinks that what they did would work so well but doesn't know that they have no written constitution. He is nothing but an entertainer and should get back from the area he is trying to play in now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies