Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 03:33 PM

109 posts, read 136,953 times

Advertisements

Piers Morgan for President, Haggis for all America
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2012, 03:34 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
CNN has a WORLD market and Piers is not the only person on the network who is not the standard white guy from mid-America. Change the station to something local if you don't like him.
I just catch the videos of Piers in operation and stay completely away from CNN. I haven't watched that one at all for nearly 8 years.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Why are you so afraid of Free Speech???
The way you wrote free speech there makes me wonder if you are a watcher of Free Speech TV. Are you?

Old 12-23-2012, 03:39 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I just catch the videos of Piers in operation and stay completely away from CNN. I haven't watched that one at all for nearly 8 years.
Why am I not surprised at this admission?

Old 12-23-2012, 03:41 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,472,247 times
Guns nuts love the 2nd Amendment, but viciously attack the 1st Amendment. Hypocrisy at its finest. They put together this petition:

British Citizen and CNN television host Piers Morgan is engaged in a hostile attack against the U.S. Constitution by targeting the Second Amendment. We demand that Mr. Morgan be deported immediately for his effort to undermine the Bill of Rights and for exploiting his position as a national network television host to stage attacks against the rights of American citizens.
Conservatives Can't Wait to Deport Piers Morgan - Politics - The Atlantic Wire

Old 12-23-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
He is allowed to his beliefs. Do I agree with them...hell no, but he is allowed to have them. You are probably just annoyed because he is an idiot.
I am annoyed by the fact that he doesn't know his butt from page 9 about firearms. He doesn't understand that those weapons he calls assault guns are that because of how they look. He wouldn't know that my favorite weapon of all time, the M1 carbine, didn't look anything like what he thinks of as assault rifles but they certainly could do the job. He doesn't know, for sure, that they were .30 caliber which is somewhat larger than those (dangerous) assault rifles of the .223 caliber.

Morgan is after one thing and one thing, only and that would be abolishment of personally owned firearms. He doesn't even know that we have to amend our Consitution before that can happen. You see, in the UK there is no written document that doesn't allow what they did. I think that most of the nations who have abolished gun ownership by other than soldiers and policemen don't have written constitutions, either.

Morgan is really an outstanding interviewer when he is on the question of guns. He really believes that a semi-automatic rifle can be fired from 4 to 6 times per second. Now that is rank stupidity but he gets off on it and won't back down. I sure can't fire my semi-automatic guns that fast.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Piers is simply exercising his First Amendment rights.
If Morgan would allow his guests to exercise their 1st Amendment rights it would be better. Of course, you have heard him operate, it seems.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:44 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
Guns nuts love the 2nd Amendment, but viciously attack the 1st Amendment. Hypocrisy at its finest. They put together this petition:

British Citizen and CNN television host Piers Morgan is engaged in a hostile attack against the U.S. Constitution by targeting the Second Amendment. We demand that Mr. Morgan be deported immediately for his effort to undermine the Bill of Rights and for exploiting his position as a national network television host to stage attacks against the rights of American citizens.
Conservatives Can't Wait to Deport Piers Morgan - Politics - The Atlantic Wire
/sigh

Too damned dumb to know it's not his speech we protest. It's his stupidity we protest.

And too damned dumb to know we're laughing at him.

And at you.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
Belcher shot Kasandra Perkins, the mother of his daughter 10 times, and then shot himself. The daughter is only 3 months old, and will have no memory of her parents. It really is about the gun. It's about taking human life in just seconds. No one seems to want to bring the loss of lives into this conversation. It's always politics, and more politics.
So a man the size of Belcher couldn't have killed that woman with his hands? Sure he could have.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:49 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
Piers is speaking to the majority of the country who agrees with him. This vocal minority of gun nuts on this board does not come close to representing America as a whole.

I think Piers is doing a good job giving Americans an outside perspective. He is telling us that the gun culture in this country is out of control and ridiculous.

Change is coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies