Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 07:49 AM

469 posts, read 913,684 times

Advertisements

CNN has lost alot of credibility over the years. They are nothing more than race baiting activists posing as journalists. Lemon is a loon and Solidad Obrian is leading CNN down the drain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 07:52 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,388,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Explain
Black males are seven times more likely to commit a violent crime and latinos three times more likely to commit a violent crime than a white male. Therefore, it's simply common sense that these individuals are that much more likely to be profiled than white males.

Much like Mohamed - the Arab male, aged 20-40 - is 1,000 times more likely to be profiled at the airport than Betty, the 80 year old lady.

Capiche?

Is it right? Is it ethical? We can argue that, but life is not and never has been fair...for anyone.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:00 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Is there a culture of school shooting in the white community?
There's a culture of denial and unacceptable in the white community, whites that partake in certain issues are swept under the rug. Mass murderers are usually white whether its at a school, church or whatever it's usually some deranged white man that most white America tries to separate themselves from but if this incident was done by a black person all hell would break lose, white people would live in more fear, 24 7 speeches about getting it together and so forth.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:01 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojave82 View Post
CNN has lost alot of credibility over the years. They are nothing more than race baiting activists posing as journalists. Lemon is a loon and Solidad Obrian is leading CNN down the drain.
It's race baiting when it comes to pinning something negative on whites? Gotcha

Old 12-24-2012, 08:07 AM

23,564 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Default CNN walking in Hitler's footsteps. phyiscally profiling Jews

As diversity courses teach, there are unwrtten rules of corporate life and someone needs to take a new employee aside and give them the low down.

If a women showed up with a obvious blemish, no one would bring attention to it. That would be rude! If I showed up with a red pimple on my nose, invariablty some woman would blurt out in a meeting, "what happened to your nose?".

CNN can no longer contain their bias with Obama's re-electiom. They make no appology and see nothing wrong. At this rate Obama can send a drone to kill the population of all the states he didn't carry and CNN/MSNBC would not even mention it.

We are taking shots from the propagandist media now and have no recourse but to take it on the chin. The galactically uninformed electorate who put Obama back in office deserve a big thanks for CNNs perfect imitation of TASS, the soviet news agency and even more like Hitler's attempt to use an actual template to determine Jewish origin by facial and nose profile.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:19 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Black males are seven times more likely to commit a violent crime and latinos three times more likely to commit a violent crime than a white male. Therefore, it's simply common sense that these individuals are that much more likely to be profiled than white males.

Much like Mohamed - the Arab male, aged 20-40 - is 1,000 times more likely to be profiled at the airport than Betty, the 80 year old lady.

Capiche?

Is it right? Is it ethical? We can argue that, but life is not and never has been fair...for anyone.

Doesn't make any sense. First racial profiling is agaisnt the law. You simply cannot condone any police force or any government agency saying that based on your very being as an American we have to right to suspect you of a crime, which is the essence of racial profiling.

Such thinking is anti-American civil liberties, but of course conservatives really don't care about freedom.

Secondly, the vast overwhelming majority of black men or hispanic men are not murderers.

Something like 99%+. So basically every black man and hispanic that you see there is a 99%+ chance that he is not a murderer.

So how does massive racial profiling solve a problem that only describes a small percentage of those men?

Old 12-24-2012, 08:25 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
There's a culture of denial and unacceptable in the white community, whites that partake in certain issues are swept under the rug. Mass murderers are usually white whether its at a school, church or whatever it's usually some deranged white man that most white America tries to separate themselves from but if this incident was done by a black person all hell would break lose, white people would live in more fear, 24 7 speeches about getting it together and so forth.
Actually, I posted statistics on another thread that while mass shooters are USUALLY white, as well as serial killers, the common consensus is that such crimes ARE outlying crimes and PROPORTIONALLY, the rate of mass killings/serial killers is about EQUAL among the races/ethnicities. It's also found in every society on earth.

And it makes sense, really. A lot of "common crime" drug murders, gang violence, is driven by external and situational factors. Mass murders, etc. usually have a component of mental illness that transcends socioeconomics and situational factors.

As for "profiling" to stop a crime, if Green skinned people were 1% of the population and committed 10% of a certain kind of crime, than even though blue skinned people who represent 99% of the population committed 90% of that same crime, proportionally, society would do best to focus on why 1% is committing 10x their representation of a crime. Not necessarily to "catch" someone, but to explain the factors unique to that population that are causing 1% to commit 10% of a crime. We'd eventually want the number of green skinned offenders of the crime to be 1% of the total.

We do it every day. Imagine a right wing militia man. Chances are, you thought of a white guy in Idaho.

Imagine a gang member. Chances are you thought of a black guy.

Imagine a suicide bomber. Chances are you thought of a Muslim with a bomb strapped to his chest.

Imagine an illegal immigrant. Chances are you thought of a Mexican.

Not saying it's RIGHT, but there's a delicate balance between constitutionality and reality. If I'm on the hunt for a band of militiamen I'm not going to stop a van of Chinese guys and ask to search them.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:26 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,388,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Doesn't make any sense. First racial profiling is agaisnt the law. You simply cannot condone any police force or any government agency saying that based on your very being as an American we have to right to suspect you of a crime, which is the essence of racial profiling.

Such thinking is anti-American civil liberties, but of course conservatives really don't care about freedom.

Secondly, the vast overwhelming majority of black men or hispanic men are not murderers.

Something like 99%+. So basically every black man and hispanic that you see there is a 99%+ chance that he is not a murderer.

So how does massive racial profiling solve a problem that only describes a small percentage of those men?
Like I said, life is not fair. I do dispute your statistics, however. In fact I find them incredibly misleading given the statistics I have posted on this board concerning the Bureau of Justice:

http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/pdf/htius.pdf

Look, I've been pulled over for no reason; I've been stopped by SPPD while walking around at 1am and I am Caucasian. Was I pissed? Yeah, yeah as a matter of fact I was real pissed, but those are the breaks. Life isn't fair.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:32 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,777 times
That's white privilege. Whites get judged as individuals...everyone else gets lumped together and blamed for whatever other members of their race do. According to most whites this privilege does not exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
But true all the same. Nobody laments the "cultural pathology" endemic to suburban white communities. Misdeeds committed by whites are individualized and never explained in terms of race or culture. The point the author of the article was trying to make was that this kind of interpretation and analysis should also apply to crime stories wherein the perpetrator is non-white.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:36 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Like I said, life is not fair. I do dispute your statistics, however. In fact I find them incredibly misleading given the statistics I have posted on this board concerning the Bureau of Justice:

http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/pdf/htius.pdf

Look, I've been pulled over for no reason; I've been stopped by SPPD while walking around at 1am and I am Caucasian. Was I pissed? Yeah, yeah as a matter of fact I was real pissed, but those are the breaks. Life isn't fair.
What does life not being fair have to do with anything?

That is an irrational answer. If someone said hey the police are beating people up and the government is sanctioning this would your answer to those people be hey life isn't fair?

Look it is against the law to suspect someone of a crime based on their very being that this occurs is not a matter of life being unfair but of specific government policy. Now you are either in favor of those policies or you are not in favor of those policies, but this idea that it can all be chalked up to the unfairness of life is just dumb.

I don't care about you being pulled over, and I don't care about your understanding of statiscs. Here is some basic math for you that should clear things up very quickly.

There are Millions of black men in this nation. Now if just 1% of black men were murderers then lets say there are 7million black men in America.

If just 1% of those men were murderers there would be 70,000 murders committed by black men alone every year. America has about 12,000 murders and this includes all killers.

So if 99%+ of black and hispanic men weren't murderers there would be well over 100,000 murders in this nation.

Please deal with reality.

The idea that someone would post murder statistics to justify racial profiling is idiotic given reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies