Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2012, 05:36 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
That should have been interpurted as giving comfort he and jane fonda should have been jailed not in the senate and in movies. The fact that he has his own wing in their museum proves his worth to them
If you want to appear erudite when you again attempt to define the term treason under Article 3, I would strongly suggest reading a very well written scholarly piece on what Article 3 means and how it has been applied by the court particularly in light of the 1st Amendment.

The Treason Clause and Free Speech | Yale Undergraduate Law Review
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 05:55 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,227,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I suppose that is why it was named Provisional.

If you would care to site what part of the U.S. Code that prohibits the mere meeting of members of a foreign and hostile nations, even one that we are in a war with (not the small "w") then feel free to cite it.

I'm not discussing Jane Fonda, but rather John Kerry so unless you have full knowledge of the CONTENT of the discussions between Kerry and Binh, two witnesses to that discussion, you opinion is pretty much a non-starter.
Logan act of 1799
Logan Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-24-2012, 06:07 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
meeting with the enemy without permission of the government is certainly treason
SMH...more whining. Typical of right wingers.

Your sorry ass candidate lost. Our candidate won. He gets to pick the foreign secretary, not the folks on the losing and pathetic side.

Miss us with all the crybaby foolishness about treason, Vietnam, and other nonsense.

Again...not to overstate it, but Romney lost. Get over it. Embrace Kerry.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:01 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,085,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
As a veteran, he sold his brothers in arms out......
His real brothers in arms (of which I am one) will regularly tell you that you are full of ****.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Where you argument goes wrong is, you say they were earned. They were not earned in JK's case. Pick up a book, read,learn. The guy is as dishonest and corrupt as obama.. as far from a hero as one can get..
Everything you write in that paragraph is a provable lie.

Please, get your head out of rectal defilade before you presume to challenge the record of an American hero.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
I am an American and have every right to oppose a person who I believe committed treason .
Oppose anybody you want. But when you resort to scummy lies in the process, expect to be called on it.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Oppose anybody you want. But when you resort to scummy lies in the process, expect to be called on it.
where did I lie an opinion based on the logan act is not a lie. But very untypical of you to call someone a liar who has posted an opinion based on the logan act.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
SMH...more whining. Typical of right wingers.

Your sorry ass candidate lost. Our candidate won. He gets to pick the foreign secretary, not the folks on the losing and pathetic side.

Miss us with all the crybaby foolishness about treason, Vietnam, and other nonsense.

Again...not to overstate it, but Romney lost. Get over it. Embrace Kerry.
logan act would say it not a whine .

Old 12-24-2012, 07:27 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,411,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Flag burnner John Kerry has been selected by Barack Obama (who, along with Hilary Clinton caused the death of 4 Ameircans, including our Ambassador, in Benghazi) for Secretary of State.

Prior to his Presidential aspirations, John Kerry is perhaps best known for his anti-war activities, in which, among other things, he accused American troops of atrocities. He demanded Purple Hearts for self inflicted scratches, and also finagled Bronze and Silver Stars.
And so what was this My Lai Massacre I've read about?

My Lai Massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Did you go to Vietnam, or what that before your time? How old were you when the Vietnam War was going on? Are you a member of that Swift Boat group?

Old 12-24-2012, 07:29 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,411,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
INDEED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies