Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 02:35 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,139,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Do you understand the difference between for-profit corporation and non-profit religious organization?

Smoke-screening with the properties of this new lefty catechism will do you no good...all thats left is a pushy religion trying to get involved with sex stuff at work and anywhere else they can nose their way into the bedroom. If they want to give people condoms why don't they just knock on doors like all the others and leave the pills and condoms and pliers with a pamphlet. I think standing on the corner with the newsletter's another option thats available, so thats the deal. Separation between church and state needs to be recognized here....Its the lefty teachings and dogma, its their responsibility to "usher the teachings, beliefs and commandments with whatever adjoining apparatus, no one else .

Last edited by stargazzer; 12-30-2012 at 03:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 02:51 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,445,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I don't think you get to pick an choose what your health insurance provider covers and doesn't cover. One should be able to get their birth control covered through their insurance provider, heck just make the co-pay a little bit more so that it technically isn't being split with the employer.
The hell you don't. YOU don't get to pick and choose what a person's beliefs are.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:10 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,276,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Smoke-screening with the properties of this new lefty catechism will do you no good...all thats left is a pushy religion trying to get involved with sex stuff at work and anywhere else they can nose their way into the bedroom. If they want to give people condoms why don't they just knock on doors like all the others and leave the pills and condoms and pliers with a pamphlet. I think standing on the corner with the newsletter's another option thats available, so thats the deal. Separation between church and state needs to be recognized here....Its the lefty teachings and dogma, its their responsibility to "usher the teachings, beliefs and commandments with whatever adjoining apparatus, no one else .
So the answer is no, you do not understand the difference between a for-profit corporation and a non-profit organization.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:12 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,276,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
The hell you don't. YOU don't get to pick and choose what a person's beliefs are.
I guess you are right, you don't get to pick my religious beliefs as I don't get to pick yours, much like your employer cannot force their religious beliefs on their employees. It is good to see you are agreeing with me on this one.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:14 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,888,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Where in hell have you found anything about the Green family, the sole owners of this company that appears to be dictation of religious practices on his employees or customers other than the fact that they don't allow any of their stores to be open for business on Sunday?

I think that anyone who thinks he is trying to force his religious thinking on his employees is just a far left leaner who is afraid that Obamacare really was unconstitutionally written and passed. You don't know about that, at all, do you?

Apparently it is "company policy" at Hobby Lobby to have a circle prayer with the employees before a shift.

Quote:
My fiancee used to work at Hobby Lobby, and they had a little meeting every morning where they'd join hands in a circle and pray. Apparently, it was 'company policy'.
gimme that workplace religion [Archive] - JREF Forum

Quote:
There were already a few warning signs, though. Among other things, there had been a few reports of explicit religious discrimination, both against employees and against lesbian shoppers; previous research had also found that one of the "charities" being funded was none other than Jerry Falwell's Liberty University.
Daily Kos: Dominionism's "parallel economy", Pt. 2: Dominionism's Corporate Sponsors

Old 12-30-2012, 06:58 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,916,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier
The Obama administration is the enemy of the Constitution, and thus the republic.
Indeed it is and its disgusting!!!!!

Old 12-30-2012, 07:03 PM

38,331 posts, read 22,331,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The Obama administration is the enemy of the Constitution, and thus the republic.
0bama and his admin think they are virtual dictators, able to order private citizens to give away free products and services, for no other reason then because 0bama's admin likes those products and services.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:03 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,888,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I tired of reading that comment post in your link so I stopped with two paragraphs to go. I don't think that Hobby Lobby pays $13 per hour to full time employees now and only $10 when that old gal signed on with the in 2009. Nope, I saw a sour old lady trying to do something based on an agenda. That wasn't your post was it?
What do you make of this Roy?

Quote:
Today I was thinking about Hobby Lobby since they’ve been in the news with the Obama Care thing and morning after pills. Just kinda looking at all the products I have from that store. A few wall sculptures, candle holders, mirrors…all made in China. Go figure. I don’t think I have anything from Hobby Lobby that wasn’t made in China. China is known for human rights abuse and well…abortion. Anyway, a few articles are posted below about China, Hobby Lobby’s current situation and about Hobby Lobby and some of its christian dealings (which is kind of interesting).
Quote:
China Marks 32 Years of Brutal Forced-Abortion One-Child Policy
What does Hobby Lobby have to do with China? « Take A Look

Do you think Mr. Hobby Lobby praises the almighty dollar Roy? Would that be why he buys low cost products from China, the abortion country, to sell in his store?

In fact, is Mr. Hobby Lobby actually helping to fund mandated abortions in China by buying their goods?

Oh well! Mr. Hobby Lobby is making big bank buying his stock from an abortion country!

Last edited by jojajn; 12-30-2012 at 07:20 PM..

Old 12-30-2012, 07:27 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,559,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Because Mr. Hobby Lobby refuses to allow his employees take advantage of insurance covered birth control benefits.
From the article-----

"They also provide their employees with a generous self-insured health care plan, and they even operate an on-site, cost-free health clinic at their corporate headquarters. But, guided by their Christian faith, the Greens believe that human life begins at conception and that aborting on unborn life is wrong. In keeping with this, they do not cover in their employee health plan abortions, abortion-inducing drugs or IUDs that prevent implantation of an embryo.

Unlike Catholics, the Greens do not believe that contraception and sterilization are morally wrong."

===============================================

Seems they won't have a problem with covering BC pills or sterilizations but they do have a problem with covering abortions or drugs or IUDs that cause abortions or prevent implantation of an embryo.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:30 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,690,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Look. If the owner of Hobby Lobby doesn't want to use birth control, he is free not to. However, he has no right to impose his Taliban religious practices onto others!
You mean others who CHOSE to work for him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies