Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 09:03 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
It depends on how you define moderate. Subtract social issues and today's Republican party is moderate to even liberal in some cases. Many Republicans are far right on social issues i.e. marriage is between a man and a woman.
Well Hitler was a pretty good guy if you subtract the killing of Jews and invading countries. Basically, those social issues are apart of the bag for the Republicans, you can't cherry pick the parts you like, you gotta eat it all, including the rotten cherries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 09:06 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,397,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I haven't voted for any Republican since 2000.
Hell I don't think I have ever voted for a Republican.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:07 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,397,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
And when you have 1 party rule under the DemocRATS, what do you think you'll have then?
Hawaii...There is a reason why they call it paradise.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:03 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,225,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
I haven't voted for a Democrat since 1986.
...quit voting for Democrats when I learned to read and write.......

Old 01-04-2013, 06:39 AM

2,949 posts, read 5,502,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
What?? This means you just barely left the GOP, correct? I've been fed up with both parties for over a decade. It's quite liberating to be free from the partisan brain-washing, isn't it? Unless of course you opted for the other brainwashing machine -- and that would be tragic.

I have equal contempt for the behavior of both political parties leading up to this "fiscal cliff" mess. I find it a little ridiculous that so many want to pin the blame on the GOP without assigning an equal share of blame to the "do nothing" Democrats in the Senate. Here's how things work: The House sends legislation to the Senate. Harry Reid throws all of them in the garbage and doesn't even allow them to be voted on. That is the other side of the story of how we got to the fiscal cliff to begin with. Both parties are too busy arguing and sabotaging each other to bother actually governing the nation and doing the job the American people elected them to do.
..The media controls this country and they swing to the left. The democratic senate wouldn`t look at anything the house put out there. But the house is supposed to slobber all over anything that the democratic senate or the president throws their way. If they vote it down, then they are the ones to blame for everything? However the senate doesn`t even look at anything the house comes up with and the media doesn`t blame them or the president for anything. i`m just tired of all of the blaming that the president does. First he blamed Bush for everything. Now he blames the house for everything. He isn`t accountable for anything. So much for leadership.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:07 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,073,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
It depends on how you define moderate. Subtract social issues and today's Republican party is moderate to even liberal in some cases. Many Republicans are far right on social issues i.e. marriage is between a man and a woman.
Now, I want you to step back from what you said, and tell us, in your best intellect, how supporting the historic definition of marriage, i.e. 1 man and 1 woman, is "far right".

It's the NORM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not "far right".

Old 01-04-2013, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Hawaii...There is a reason why they call it paradise.
Their economy is in a shambles, many houses have up to 3 generations living together in a small, squalid house 'cause they can't afford better.

Lots of people, because of liberal policies, have to work two or three part-time jobs just to keep their head above water. It is one of the highest-cost--lowest wage places in America.

Now scamper on back to "Get a Clue, 101"

Old 01-04-2013, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well Hitler was a pretty good guy if you subtract the killing of Jews and invading countries. Basically, those social issues are apart of the bag for the Republicans, you can't cherry pick the parts you like, you gotta eat it all, including the rotten cherries.
Do you think your babble is "profound"????

Old 01-04-2013, 07:17 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
Default multi generation households

At one time we had four generations living in the same house. We called it FAMILY.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:18 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
...quit voting for Democrats when I learned to read and write.......
How old were you when that happened? I learned how to read and write long before I could vote...though that might explain why you vote Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies