Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2013, 06:45 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,333,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
Sub Saharan Africans are probably, on average, smarter than Americans.
From my experience...
Hell, I'm pretty sure Africans in America are more educated than the average American...
Again, from my experience. More Africans are college educated at least, I'd say. They tend to emphasize education...
Now you are talking about having a culture that is separate from American culture, and you also have to take into account that they have seen what their options are if they fail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 06:51 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,301,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Nope. Blacks are seen as individuals. It is just impossible to ignore the public aspects of some black culture that add stress to ALL of our days.

Mobs of Blacks attack Whites at Wisconsin State Fair 2011 - YouTube

White woman viciously attacked by Black mob - Buffalo, NY - YouTube

Racist Black Mob Viciously Assaults, Strips White Man In Baltimore - YouTube

If blacks weren't seen as individuals then whites would hate people like Clarence Thomas, Michael Jordan and Al Roker since (as blacks) they would be uniformily hated.

By the way, some whites are bad too. The difference is good whites shame bad whites.
Speaking of Al Roker here is a little about why he has lost so much weight. I have to feel sorry for him but I do know about throwing the shorts away after the accident.

Al Roker: 'I Pooped My Pants' At The White House - YouTube

Old 01-14-2013, 06:54 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,301,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
OK. I'm not a cop, I'm not the Mayor, and I'm not their dad. What am I supposed to do about this? People act like idiots and I'm supposed to be responsible for their actions? Whose culture causes these actions? Not mine.

You cited three rich celebrities, including a basketball player, a TV weatherman and a Supreme Court Justice whose views are not universally liked by blacks or anyone else.

Believe it or not, there are still people who hate all three of these men because of what they look like.

Really? So who's the head of the White Folks' Shame Police?
Geez, I am always called racist by most leaners because I don't like Obama and speak out about it, but I certainly don't dislike either of these three men. Is it their skin color that is supposed to be why people don't like them. I thought it was his way of thinking that most leaners don't like Thomas about.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Yeah, and who controls K-12 education? It is largely in the hands of liberal Democrats. The NEA donated 4% to Republicans, and the American Federation of Teachers donated 0% to R's.
Top All-Time Donors, 1989-2012 | OpenSecrets

Conservative black radio talk host Ken Hamblin used to say that if imagined himself in the shoes of a KKK 'Grand Wizard,' he would not have been able to come up with a more effective strategy to destroy the black community than that which K-12 public ed has pursued over the last 50 years.

The books and their contents come from a conservative group in Texas

Old 01-14-2013, 07:00 PM

And this has to do with him how?

Old 01-14-2013, 07:34 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,550,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
SMH care to dismiss my "cop-put"? I know you won't be able to because of your incompetence but it'll be entertaining to see you try.
I think you meant "cop-out".

The cop-out is when, during a discussion of the failings in A PART of the black community the excuses gravitate towards Middle Passage/Slavery/Jim Crow/KKK/Racist White Loan Officers/Racist White Human Resources Officers/Etc.

You never hear, "yeah, more black parents should do a better job of sticking together and raising kids to be young men and women of class".

Nope...it is always...

The White Man's Faultâ„¢

Old 01-14-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Wrong.

Claims of racial preference are only made in cases where such action demonstrably took place.

This kid doesn't need racial preference to get into the university of his choice.

His credentials speak for themselves.

That is how it should be - for everyone.
What if his credentials are the same as a white kid? And it still would not matter because many whites are still going to look at him getting admitted because of AA regardless of his qualifications

Old 01-14-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Rule #1 for drug dealers - don't get high on your own supply.

What does that have to do with anything being said about the government allowing drugs to flow into certain communities?

Old 01-14-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:
No, it IS rare.

How do I know?

Because ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, NPR, MSNBC, the New York Times, Time Magazine, etc. etc. would be ALL OVER ANY signs of white on black racism 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.

Trayvon Martin dominated the news for so long precisely because the left wing media complex had trouble digging up any more signs of evil whites doing horrible things to the poor, downtrodden blacks.

The reality is the fact that in 2013 the U.S. is no longer the nightmare of racism that it may have been in the 1913.

Racism will ALWAYS exist but in today's world it is a MINOR problem. Only victimhood addicts could disagree with this.

It must be nice to be white and look at racism from a non-victim perspective

Old 01-14-2013, 07:53 PM

Quote:
The majority of blacks don't have non-black friends.

Is that why they are so surprised when they encounter a white person who doesn't fit into their stereotypical beliefs about white people?

Should white people be offended by this surprise reaction from blacks?

Here something to ponder, there are not too many blacks that can isolate themselves from whites in this country and have absolutely no contact with them, but whites are very good at doing just that (isolating themselves from minorities)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies