Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2013, 06:42 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
We would object because the national documentation of all firearms for "tracking" purposes is the first step towards the ultimate goal of confiscation. It always has been in the past and it is the goal now.
I am obviously not as knowledgable about the history of gun ownership in the U.S. as you are. Would you mind educating me about when the U.S. had the goal of confiscation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 06:42 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
How about the guy who rationalizes mass murder because he's protecting his second amendment rights?
When did that happen?

Old 01-07-2013, 06:43 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
According to the Washington Post, the working group on gun control led by Joe Biden is considering some of the following recommendations for gun control.

- stiffer penalties for carrying guns near schools or giving them to minors
Hmmm... I carry with a CCW. I also pick up my young daughter at school. I have never entered the school with any firearm but sometimes do have one on me or in my car console when I pick her up in the school parking lot. If I have to go in, it gets unloaded and locked in the car.

Concealed means concealed and never revealed.

So would I need to stop carrying? Do I leave it at Starbucks down the street while I pick her up since I have nowhere else to put it more than 1000 ft (or whatever) from the school parking lot?

She's 6 and I plan on teaching her to shoot next year. I plan to buy her a .22 of her own. Should I toss that idea also because some mindless boob in Washington knows better than I do how my child should be raised?

Old 01-07-2013, 06:44 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,394,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
When did that happen?
About a thousand times a day on this forum. Many literally fantasize about murdering fellow Americans in some imagined scenario where the government is trying to seize their guns.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:44 PM

Location: Just East of the Southern Portion of the Western Part of PA
1,272 posts, read 3,707,961 times
I have a solution to all of this gun control talk. Why don't they just make it illegal to kill people? Problem solved.

It seems like they are ignoring the issue with their misguided legislation...

Old 01-07-2013, 06:45 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
I am obviously not as knowledgable about the history of gun ownership in the U.S. as you are. Would you mind educating me about when the U.S. had the goal of confiscation?

how about when the japanese on the west coast got all their firearms taken from them, and they were all herded into our own american concetration camps?

lots of confiscation and freedom depriving happening via the federal government.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:46 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
About a thousand times a day on this forum. Many literally fantasize about murdering fellow Americans in some imagined scenario where the government is trying to seize their guns.

asked and answered.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:50 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
This local study relative to the source of gang guns in Chicago supports the "straw purchases".

Chicago gangs don
That's a really good article about how guns end up in the hands of criminals.

In that study, 1 out of 5 guns confiscated in Chicago crimes were bought from ONE gun store in Cook County! Clearly there is something fishy going on at that store.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:53 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilsav View Post
I am fully willing to give, or amend, my rights to protect our children.
Give away whatever you want, you're not going to take rights away from other people though.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:53 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
That's a really good article about how guns end up in the hands of criminals.

In that study, 1 out of 5 guns confiscated in Chicago crimes were bought from ONE gun store in Cook County! Clearly there is something fishy going on at that store.
Something like 10% of dealers sell the guns used in a sizable majority of gun crimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies