Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pedophilia should be considered a sexual orientation like homosexuality and heterosexuality
Yes, it is a sexual orientation 6 8.22%
No, it is an abnormal sexual behavior 59 80.82%
I don't know if it's an abnormal sexual behavior or sexual orientation 8 10.96%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 05:46 PM

20,129 posts, read 16,186,419 times

Advertisements

Great. Just great. This is the beginning of getting it taken out of the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) whenever version 5 comes out.

Quote:
The reclassification of paedophilia as a sexual orientation would, however, play into what Goode (Sarah Goode, senior lecturer in health and community studies at the University of Winchester) calls “the sexual liberation discourse”, which has existed since the 1970s. “There are a lot of people,” she says, “who say: we outlawed homosexuality, and we were wrong. Perhaps we’re wrong about paedophilia.”
Writing is on the wall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 06:13 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,491,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Sexual predators cannot be rehabilitated until they're dead, and they always re-offend, unless they're locked up or dead.
Depending on what you are classifying as a "predator", that claim is somewhere between unprovable and demonstrably false.

http://www.endsexcrime.org/

Old 01-15-2013, 06:32 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,231,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekingcreativity View Post
WTF!!! WTF!!! WTF!!! WTF!!! WTF!!! And so should it be respected and encouraged? Should grown muthafruitcakes *trying not to curse* be fuding children? WTF!!! WTF!!! WTF!!! WTF!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Let someone come and tell me they want to marry or have sexual relations with my daughter and it's "normal" to view her as attractive as a 9 year old, I GURANTEE!! That muthafruitbasket will be GHOST!! Not even Ghost, I will be in a closed off vincity TORTURING that muthrumproast!!

I have known too many children that have been molested, raped, and MURDERED!! And now all of a sudden it's a fudging SEXUAL ORIENTATION???

WTF!!! WTF!!! WTF!!

NO THAT IS PERVERTED, FUDGED UP, DEMENTED, AND HORRIBLE!!

It's not like these children are consenting, and even if they are, kids don't know what the fudge they want half of the TIME!! They don't understand that type of relationship!!

Is this gonna be on an application now??

Sexual Orientation Please Check One from the following:

Heterosexual
Homosexual
Pedophilia??!!!!

I'd rather they say beastiality is a sexual orientation, I can possibly believe THAT at least!! Ok someone needs to blow these muthasuckers up for even thinking this shyt
SACRILEGE!
Do not besmirch the prophet Mohammed, who wedded Aisha at the age of six and the marriage was consummated when she was nine years old.
Aisha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[sarcasm flag off]

Old 01-15-2013, 06:35 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,850,268 times
So attraction to animals is next? I suppose shepherds will be quite pleased with this. Bugger that.

Last edited by Felix C; 01-15-2013 at 06:47 PM..

Old 01-15-2013, 06:43 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,645,031 times
It sounds like an "orientation" in the traditional sense of that word. For example, if we had a class of people who fantasized about car theft, and among them were people who seemed to keep stealing cars for no financial gain, regardless of their social or economic position, and who traded "car theft imagery," we'd probably end up calling that an "orientation." It would be a criminal orientation when acted upon, but it'd be an orientation nonetheless. Especially if we could look back in history and note a similar class of buggy and chariot and wheeled-wagon thieves throughout recorded humanity.

And if we could figure out its biological basis, maybe we could develop biological or biochemical interventions to change, reduce, or eliminate that particular orientation.

But to claim that it's not an orientation would just seem willfully blind to the available evidence.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:32 PM

488 posts, read 413,234 times
Who knew that when Pandora's Jar was opened they'd find HDD's filled with scientific studies? Or are those files just some new-fangled scripture to be adopted?

Though I'm aware that every human culture, even those based on judeo-christian mores, has pedophilia as a quiet part of it... this personally makes me nauseous.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:53 PM

742 posts, read 679,244 times
It's abnormal being often linked to childhood abuses as one main example.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:59 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,870,052 times
Abnormal in the sense that todays society frowns upon it. In a different time it would have taken no notice. Over time we have changed many of our values and mores.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:08 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,468,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Abnormal in the sense that todays society frowns upon it. In a different time it would have taken no notice. Over time we have changed many of our values and mores.
Actually, I don't think that's true. Adults weren't marrying children that often in the 1800's and before because people weren't likely to live into their 40's and 50's.

A pedophile has an exclusive attraction to children.

Even if a child was married off to an adult, as the child matures that presents a problem, because the adult no longer has an attraction to the child they married and will likely seek out another child to fulfill their desire.

Pedophilia is an abnormal sexual dysfunction, in the way they associate with a child to fulfill their sexual desire.

When a pre-teen child married in the pioneer days they didn't get married off to pedophiles in their 30's and 40's because people weren't likely to live past 45. They were generally matched to others in their age group.

Read the link below to understand about reasons for child marriage around the world, limited life expectancy, culture with regard to female virginity, and reproductive age have more to do with it than pedophilia.

Limited life expectancy dictated marriage age in the USA in the 1800's and before.

Child Marriage - wiki

Old 01-16-2013, 01:19 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,491,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
When a pre-teen child married in the pioneer days they didn't get married off to pedophiles in their 30's and 40's because people weren't likely to live past 45. They were generally matched to others in their age group.
Pre-teen children were not normally "married off" even in pioneer days, at least in North America. (I have done extensive genealogical work and know quite a bit about the subject.) When early teens, of child-bearing age, were married off it was nearly always a girl and normally she did marry a somewhat older man who had a plot of land or something in the way of financial security to offer. The man was not a "pedophile" because adolescence, child-bearing age, was considered the threshold of marriageability in most pre-modern societies and those not especially dedicated to the ideal of female education, and it is considered the threshold of (biologically) normal sexual attraction in our own society.

Marrying two 10-year-olds off to each other wouldn't have made sense to anyone in pioneer North America, economically or otherwise, and that's why it never happened. I've read that such arrangements happen in some cases in India, but I can't speak with any certainty about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies