Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 09:21 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,529,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Probably not. But there will be a Beckeria, Beck's General Store, Beck Gas-Oil, Beck Theater, Beck TV will be the only station, Bank of Beck, Beck Cathedral, ..., well you get the picture.
Well at least Beck's Beer isn't that bad... Oh wait, it's not that great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 09:22 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
This is the kind of stuff that one should pay little attention to.

All of this recent derangement is temporary. In another 4 years, we'll have a white president, and the wackos will calm down once again.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:23 AM

361 posts, read 272,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This is the kind of stuff that one should pay little attention to.

All of this recent derangement is temporary. In another 4 years, we'll have a white president, and the wackos will calm down once again.
Beck was plenty critical of Bush and even more so of Mccain

Old 01-16-2013, 09:23 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 718native View Post
Jeez you guys are so harsh on Glenn Beck, hes really not so evil. You guys must have never watched him at all. So what he wants to build a community all the power to him. I guarantee he want no assistance from the government. If its all loonies who cares don't move there, its that simple
The people who choose to live in this community better have a lot of cash then to pay for the roads, sewer, fire and police protection, garbage removal, etc.....

Would that money pooled to pay for these things be a Glennbeckistan tax?

Old 01-16-2013, 09:25 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I wouldn't live there. I prefer living in places where people actually care about others--you know, the civilized world.
There a bright side to UBeckystan...once they are in there behind the walls, we don't really have to let them out. Just sayin'.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The people who choose to live in this community better have a lot of cash then to pay for the roads, sewer, fire and police protection, garbage removal, etc.....

Would that money pooled to pay for these things be a Glennbeckistan tax?
I don't know but its really none of your concern unless you live there, live and let live stop worrying about other peoples business so much

Old 01-16-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
I don't know but its really none of your concern unless you live there, live and let live stop worrying about other peoples business so much
LOL! Hit a nerve, did I?

FYI, Glenn Beck is not stable. I would caution those, who are looking for "utopia," to remember Jones Town.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
LOL! Hit a nerve, did I?
No you didn't, I live in the US and im moving to Israel. I have no slight desire to live in some libertarian utopia in Texas trust me. It seems Glenn Beck hit a nerve with you, very simple solution don't move there

Old 01-16-2013, 09:34 AM

Quote:
No you didn't, I live in the US and im moving to Israel. I have no slight desire to live in some libertarian utopia in Texas trust me. It seems Glenn Beck hit a nerve with you, very simple solution don't move there
Then why is this issue anymore your business than, as you state, mine?

your quote:
Quote:
I don't know but its really none of your concern unless you live there, live and let live stop worrying about other peoples business so much.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Then why is this issue anymore your business than, as you state, mine?
It's not my buisness. Your the one getting your panties in a bunch over it. I've said nothing except you shouldn't move there if you don't want to, and that i doubt he want federal assistance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies