Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 09:37 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 718native View Post
Beck was plenty critical of Bush and even more so of Mccain
He voted for both of them. And please, don't waste your time telling me that he didn't because he did.

Again, all this talk about building libertarian communities and secession will go away when the black dude does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 09:39 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
It's not my buisness. Your the one getting your panties in a bunch over it. I've said nothing except you shouldn't move there if you don't want to, and that i doubt he want federal assistance.
Is Glenn Beck a hero to you?

BTW, my original post was written to show that Glenn's community will ultimately face all the same issues he, and the others, are running away from. Those issues happen anytime people live together in a civilized community.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:39 AM

361 posts, read 272,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He voted for both of them. And please, don't waste your time telling me that he didn't because he did.

Again, all this talk about building libertarian communities and secession will go away when the black dude does.
He probably did vote for them, but he still criticized them who he voted for doesn't change anything. I doubt your right about all that going away but only time will tell.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
No I don't watch or listen to him, although i had in the past. I don't care about him or his community. I've said nothing about him, just that you guys have some venom in those fangs anytime he comes up. I think hes kind of nutty but most certainly not evil

Old 01-16-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

BTW, my original post was written to show that Glenn's community will ultimately face all the same issues he, and the others, are running away from. Those issues happen anytime people live together in a civilized community.
So then him and his supporters will have to deal with it. There problem definetly not mine or yours

Old 01-16-2013, 09:46 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,179,691 times
The only sucessfull movement like this was the Mormons. They, of all the folks who "lighted out for the territory" to live in their own little society, made a go of it

But this tendancy is sort of around, and has been around through US history.

Theres this book the desire for middle class whites to cluster together in their own communities... (the title/spin is sort of 'racial', but the phenomena is similar to this Beck thing)

In Search of Whitopia

...so I think what Beck is proposing already sort of exisits in varous places.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:47 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
He probably did vote for them, but he still criticized them who he voted for doesn't change anything. I doubt your right about all that going away but only time will tell.
His criticism was nothing but a ruse to make himself look fair. Beck isn't even a libertarian. Beck is a mainstream right wing Conservative. Point blank, period. Beck is a big ole narcissist. It's all about him....the cult of Glenn Beck.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
His criticism was nothing but a ruse to make himself look fair. Beck isn't even a libertarian. Beck is a mainstream right wing Conservative. Point blank, period. Beck is a big ole narcissist. It's all about him....the cult of Glenn Beck.
No your wrong. He criticized them plenty get over it. He's far from mainstream and im sure most in the mainstream consider him a loon. Everything your saying is speculation. Unless you have something of intelligence or of substance to share i am going to stop replying to your post's.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:54 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
No your wrong. He criticized them plenty get over it. He's far from mainstream and im sure most in the mainstream consider him a loon. Everything your saying is speculation. Unless you have something of intelligence or of substance to share i am going to stop replying to your post's.
In a previous post, you stated that you don't listen to or watch Glenn Beck. My question is how do you know then that Glenn Beck criticized GWB and McCain?

Old 01-16-2013, 09:55 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,824,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Sux View Post
The only sucessfull movement like this was the Mormons. They, of all the folks who "lighted out for the territory" to live in their own little society, made a go of it
It only really lasted until the Transcontinental Railroad came through Utah, so roughly 20 years...

The "Ideal Mormon Civilization" was tried in the remote town of Orderville UT and was a complete failure.

United Order - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This post oughta win me the $5K for sure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies