Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 02:53 AM

198 posts, read 167,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
How many people will get get up tommorrow morning and fire their guns, not a good comparison. Most of the population uses cars on any given day, very small percentage will use their guns. We need cars to get to work, we do not need guns.
Yet still, nobody is passing legislation to ban private ownership of automobiles and pushing for more public transportation with professional drivers. So why are they trying to remove private ownership and carry of firearms in exchange for more trained law enforcement officers to carry guns. In case you haven't noticed we can't even trust the police to handle a tazer responsibly.

But to partially answer your question since I don't have the stats on CCW holders. I'm sure there are plenty that do get up every morning and strap on their weapon to go about their daily business and many of them will stop by a shooting range to practice before going home. With 2 ammo manufacturing plants near me that are constantly hiring part time help to keep up with demand and back orders, apparently there are a lot of people doing a lot of target practice as well as stocking up for what ever may come. You may not need guns where you live but those of us in the northwest live by them. And being from the southeast I can vouch for them as well when I say you will play hell trying to disarm either geographical location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies