Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 02:28 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
5 injured after firearms go off at Ohio, N.C., Indiana gun shows - CNN.com

It's just the morons bringing loaded guns to guns shows that are not!

How ignorant gun huggers really are.

What kind of big game were people going to shoot at a gun show?
Stupid, absolutely stupid people.
Did you read the last couple of lines of your link? Apparently not, but who knows. CNN is really against gun ownership or they would temper the way Piers Morgan acts and the whole article was such an apparent attack on semi-automatic guns. You did notice that all the handguns talked about were spoken of as semi-automatic, didn't you? I don't think that most people would have to speak of semi-automatic when talking about handguns since most of them today are just that. You seem to be one of Obama's most willing useful idiots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Perhaps there should mandatory safety training before one can actually own a gun.
Was anything like that called for in Obama's call for laws the other day?

Old 01-20-2013, 02:31 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
My point of the thread was to show the irresponsibility of some gun owners/gun huggers.
Wrong, you started this thread to paint everyone with a gun acts like this.

Quote:
Nobody in their right mind would who considers themselves to be a responsible gun owner would take loaded guns to a gun show, nobody. I also pointed out that in some states, it is not legal to transport a long gun, rifle/shotgun with ammunition in it or loaded.
As I stated before, these were not responsible gun owners, no matter how many times you say it.

Quote:
In the zeal to get guns to the gun shows to try and sell more and more because they think the government is coming for them, they simply, accidentally forgot to unload them. huh.
How many other gun shows happened that same day, with the thousands of guns at those other gun shows?

Quote:
Guns on the tables of the gun show means anyone walking by can pick one up, get the "feel" of it, and come to find out, it was loaded.
You are responsible for your gun, when you enter a gun show, as these guns went off, they were, at that point going to a gun show, not in the gun show. Every gun show I have been to in the last 15 years have "zip ties" going through the breech.

Quote:
This is one of the reasons open guns shows should be banned in all states, the other reason is the lack of criminal background checks at the shows, anyone can buy a gun. It would slow down the process for the person/s selling, such an inconvenience!
Nope, again how many gun shows were also held during that day? How many people were hunting that say?

You are worried about something kill people the least amount, compared to others?

Why the fake outrage?

Old 01-20-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You are aware that many people have their driver's license revoked aren't you?
Many people don't have guns because of the laws....don't you know that? Even the shooter at Newtown was denied a gun at the gun shop.....

Will you ever admit the gun laws do work, except that criminals don't care?

Old 01-20-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You are against safety classes for guns because of the 2nd amendment. Makes perfect sense to me.

Next you will say it is a right for a convicted felon to own a gun too.
Haha......so, then please tell us why your almighty savior did not provide "safety classes" in his legislation?

Fake outrage, getting deep on the left....

Old 01-20-2013, 02:35 PM

510 posts, read 889,442 times
There were more than three gun shows across the country yesterday. There were hundreds, as well as gun rallies. Millions and millions of guns being handled and three go off with five people hurt. The people in attendance know ahead of time that they are going to be in a crowded area full of guns. Still much better odds of not getting injured than attending a rap concert and getting shot or a heavy metal concert and getting stomped in the mosh pit. I think it is about equivalent to being stampeded to death on black friday.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Where did anyone ever say that 'guns are totally safe?" Link? Quote?

I've been reading the gun press for over 30 years, and everything I've ever read is just the reverse. Non-stop warnings about how dangerous guns are, about the need for care and caution.

What kind of person conjures a thought from his brain and then attributes to an imaginary, vaguely defined group or person? Stupid, absolutely stupid people, perhaps?
Leaners do things like you mention all the time.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:09 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,245,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Wrong, you started this thread to paint everyone with a gun acts like this.

As I stated before, these were not responsible gun owners, no matter how many times you say it.

How many other gun shows happened that same day, with the thousands of guns at those other gun shows?

You are responsible for your gun, when you enter a gun show, as these guns went off, they were, at that point going to a gun show, not in the gun show. Every gun show I have been to in the last 15 years have "zip ties" going through the breech.

Nope, again how many gun shows were also held during that day? How many people were hunting that say?

You are worried about something kill people the least amount, compared to others?

Why the fake outrage?
Evidently people love guns, and some think nothing about carrying loaded guns to gun shows where dozens of people can pick up and handle them. The only thing worse than this can be the flu that's going around and people can catch it just by handling something.

Some people don't take gun safety seriously at all, I can tell by all the personal attacks, deflections and casual attitudes towards the handling of firearms in the thread.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:14 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,777 times
Quote:
Some people don't take gun safety seriously at all, I can tell by all the personal attacks, deflections and casual attitudes towards the handling of firearms in the thread.
And some people text while driving.

You have no point.

The attacks have more to do with the ridiculously stupid premise of this thread than anything else.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:36 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,993,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
If those gun owners who accidentally shot someone at a gun show are anything like most conservatives on this forum, you can bet it was the guns fault, the gun show's fault, the sun got in his eyes, the ammunition was faulty, etc., etc...

You left out real cause. Those hard core Reds, you know the people in the background who cause all bad things that happen to red blooded Anglo-saxon protestant mothers sons. There in the back of your TV sets .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies