Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2013, 02:38 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I don't know how to tell you this, but keep your religious beliefs that a cluster of cells should be classified as a living, breathing human to yourself. As I said, you don't want to abort? DON'T ABORT. Keep out of my organs. They're ME, MINE, ME. Now run along.
You had a resonable response earlier and then you came with this? Your little boxes don't work. I'm not a very religious person and there are people that may see the issue differently from you who are not religious at all - maybe even atheist. To make it about religion for everyone, with no evidence, is a weak and transparent effort to discount and marginalize someone's point so you don't have to try to debate the content. Nothing in my post is about religion. In fact, I referred to the religious that you mentioned as "they." Since you chose to dismiss my post with an aggressive attack and the prompt to "run along," I assume you had nothing to add from an intellectual basis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 02:58 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Default .PJTV: Happy Anniversary, Unborn Victims of Abortion .

PJTV: Happy Anniversary, Unborn Victims of Abortion - YouTube#!

Published on Jan 25, 2013
Were you creeped out by the pro-choice video that makes abortion look sexy and beautiful? AlfonZo Rachel was, and he brings you this video in response. Hear what Zo thinks of the Center for Reproductive Rights video that wishes Roe v. Wade a happy 40th anniversar

Old 01-25-2013, 03:20 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Okay, and thank you for being open to a discussion. I think there are well meaning people on both sides of the debate. I also think that there are some at the extremes of both sides and those tend to be the voices heard in the discussion. I'm actually to the center, but I would like to have the conversation based on factual information. For example, I have made my point about human life at conception. I also think that at this point, it's clearly qualitatively different from at birth, and that those who call people murderers at that point are also extreme in their views. I think it's a continuum as is all human development. The question becomes at what point you allow abortion along that continuum, if you're going to have abortion. I believe that most that would say abortion could happen at a later stage than I, have a different point at which they think the benefits outweigh the issue of stopping a life. I honestly can't understand the people that think abortion should be okay up until birth or at partial birth in the absence of a real threat to the mother. Depending on the person because it certainly varies, I would wonder about being very cold and selfish, uncaring, possibly mentally ill - again, I would need to know more about the individual case.
Ok, good. Here's my take on it, dismissing entirely with religion. As long as something is inside my body, it's inside my body. Nobody has a right to anything inside my body. That evolution chose to make pregnancy be internal, well, that's the way it is, isn't it? All humans, men and women, have a right to their body. As long as it's their body, they have full and complete say over what goes on in it. IF men are upset with this (as some are lol) they can get themselves to a shrink. The conclusion is, if it's my body, or inside my body, it's MY SAY.

It's almost something straight out of some sicko sci-fi movie about some authoritarian govt that anyone should have the right to say what goes on inside a person's body.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Ok, good. Here's my take on it, dismissing entirely with religion. As long as something is inside my body, it's inside my body. Nobody has a right to anything inside my body. That evolution chose to make pregnancy be internal, well, that's the way it is, isn't it? All humans, men and women, have a right to their body. As long as it's their body, they have full and complete say over what goes on in it. IF men are upset with this (as some are lol) they can get themselves to a shrink. The conclusion is, if it's my body, or inside my body, it's MY SAY.

It's almost something straight out of some sicko sci-fi movie about some authoritarian govt that anyone should have the right to say what goes on inside a person's body.
What you say is totally true. These marches and videos, etc is not to have power over your body, it's to change your heart and mind. 55 million abortions is shocking. Society needs to have a good look at what the dignity of human life had come to. Society needs to have a heart change to have a softening of the heart and see the dignity of human life.

These marches and videos, etc may have no effect on you personally but it just may affect many people out there to take another look at their own lives and where they are headed. One abortion, then 2, then what difference does it make. Life gets cheapened.

You still have the power to make your own choice.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
What you say is totally true. These marches and videos, etc is not to have power over your body, it's to change your heart and mind. 55 million abortions is shocking. Society needs to have a good look at what the dignity of human life had come to. Society needs to have a heart change to have a softening of the heart and see the dignity of human life.

These marches and videos, etc may have no effect on you personally but it just may affect many people out there to take another look at their own lives and where they are headed. One abortion, then 2, then what difference does it make. Life gets cheapened.

You still have the power to make your own choice.
Last I checked, marches and videos, and attempts to sway the population so that legislation changes, are called propaganda. And when it's for a heinous reason, such as intrusion into individuals' bodies, it's sick beyond anyone's imagination.

Dignity consists of NOT trying to intervene into the privacy of other people's bodies. I truly RESENT this. It's sickening. Like the Nazis in Germany, who used a tremendous amount of propaganda, successfully aimed at the population, it has an effect. And it's sick. It's a sick goal, with a sick agenda behind it, by some people who are sick in trying to promote their RELIGION, their RELIGIOUS BELIEFS, and it's for a sick reason. As I said previously, if someone does NOT want to abort, they should not abort, and NO ONE IS ASKING THEM TO. They need to take their nose out of MY groin. You have no clue how much this infuriates me. I think of these people as extremely sick, demented people. I see nothing lovely about it. It's a sick, propaganda, and a sick agenda. YOU DON'T WANT TO ABORT? DO NOT ABORT! End of story.

Buncha sick a**holes.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:53 PM

464 posts, read 479,387 times
Keep Abortion safe and legal.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafChick View Post

You forgot----"and rare".

Old 01-25-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Okay, and thank you for being open to a discussion. I think there are well meaning people on both sides of the debate. I also think that there are some at the extremes of both sides and those tend to be the voices heard in the discussion. I'm actually to the center, but I would like to have the conversation based on factual information. For example, I have made my point about human life at conception. I also think that at this point, it's clearly qualitatively different from at birth, and that those who call people murderers at that point are also extreme in their views. I think it's a continuum as is all human development. The question becomes at what point you allow abortion along that continuum, if you're going to have abortion. I believe that most that would say abortion could happen at a later stage than I, have a different point at which they think the benefits outweigh the issue of stopping a life. I honestly can't understand the people that think abortion should be okay up until birth or at partial birth in the absence of a real threat to the mother. Depending on the person because it certainly varies, I would wonder about being very cold and selfish, uncaring, possibly mentally ill - again, I would need to know more about the individual case.
I have a suggestion. Stay away from this topic. A person's body is his/her own. Any topic that involves wondering if someone else should be allowed to have domain over his/her body, is a sick, sick topic. The moment someone begins to think that perhaps a person should not be allowed to do this or that to his/her own body, I get incensed. I don't care if it's an early stage, a late stage, an in-between stage, or a theater stage. If it's inside a person's body, nobody else has the right to ANYTHING.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafChick View Post
Absolutely!!

Old 01-25-2013, 04:09 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
I have a suggestion. Stay away from this topic. A person's body is his/her own. Any topic that involves wondering if someone else should be allowed to have domain over his/her body, is a sick, sick topic. The moment someone begins to think that perhaps a person should not be allowed to do this or that to his/her own body, I get incensed. I don't care if it's an early stage, a late stage, an in-between stage, or a theater stage. If it's inside a person's body, nobody else has the right to ANYTHING.
Whenever I notice a 100% choicer post it gets a . 1st, 4th, 8th month, what the heck, your body, your choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies